Hijacking threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your threads get derailed because you have the inability to answer questions properly, keep on topic, lack of content in posts (take a look at some of your recent threads you started), etc. No one takes you seriously anymore for these reasons and what others have already mentioned in this thread alone. Heck you have even done this already in this thread by improperly replying to someone in a so called answer which is pretty dang typical for you.

Knife Makers post photos of the knives they have made.

I like to look at the photos, it shows me they have earned the title of Knife Maker.

wolfmann601,
I was told by BF to purchase the Knife maker membership to discuss the FFK and Patented mechanism , and I complied.

I could buy a freaking Knifemaker membership and I have NEVER made or designed a knife, it means nothing. The best we have seen of your knife is a bunch of pictures from a computer program and I think you had 2 quick videos of a prototype and nothing more. And that was early on when you first started posting, we haven't seen any other actual pictures or videos of the knife since.

When you started your first thread on your knife there was some actual interest in the new locking mechanism but the way you conduct yourself has driven you from being the guy who created a new locking mechanism and who we will be keeping an eye on to Bladeforums equivalent of the Kardashians, Justin Bieber, and Miley Cyrus all rolled into one. Your threads are almost guaranteed to turn into a catastrophe with or without the people derailing it for you.

If you want some advice swallow your pride and start listening to the advice others are giving you in how you conduct yourself. And if you're smart reread all the threads you posted in and reevaluate all the questions, advice, comments that everyone gave you. There is a lot of good advice that you just keep ignoring.

I answered all questions that were not started or ended with insults. If you can't understand a mechanism and how it works, be polite and ask. I suggest you read the BF rules

and respond / post with respect. You will find that there is alot to learn inside & outside of BF. In short.....take your own advice before you give it !

Thanks again for the same type of responses. Many(not all) of you have made it clear that new ideas and or innovation will not be tolerated here.

Hi, FFK. I hope you're doing well ?

I was wondering what your patent number is on this new lock mechanism you have designed ?

I'm also interested in hearing "what Vanadium is or does to components in a knife" ?

Thanks for your time and take care. :)

Laurence,
You and others have made it clear that any new ideas/innovations will not be tolerated here at BF . It would not make a difference at this point to give the

patent #. You and others would just try to discredit it in some way, and you know it. It's a shame because I think most of BF is probably a good group of guys.

Just a few like you all put a mark on this forum that is shown on all my closed threads. Any FFK video testing/results that I will do in the future will not be given to this forum.

Thanks again for the same type of responses. Many(not all) of you have made it clear that new ideas and or innovation will not be tolerated here.

It's not your idea that people around here don't like. It's the way you're choosing to present your idea that's got people commenting the way they are.

Right now FFK, like it or not, because of the way you presented yourself, your lack of respect, and only answering questions that you feel deserve an answer, you have a huge bullseye on the front and back of your shirt. I can sympathize a little, because I too was clad in the same bullseye.

What I learned from that experience was:

Have respect for this forum and it's members. You act like an ass you will be treated like one.

Be humble. No matter how much you know about a subject, post humbly and respectfully.

If you're in a debate heated or calm answer all the questions you've been asked. This boils down to respect.

Last and most important- Read more post less.

Someone earlier said you should chill out for a while. Stop starting threads and hang out and join some conversations. Get to know some people here. I couldn't agree more. You say you know a good deal about metals and such. Why not just chill off the whole starting of threads thing, hang out and answer some questions in a few threads? Show that you're a good guy with knowledge to share and not just a guy trying shove his product and ideas into everybody's pocket.

Last edited:
It's not your idea that people around here don't like. It's the way you're choosing to present your idea that's got people commenting the way they are.

Right now FFK, like it or not, because of the way you presented yourself, your lack of respect, and only answering questions that you feel deserve an answer, you have a huge bullseye on the front and back of your shirt. I can sympathize a little, because I too was clad in the same bullseye.

What I learned from that experience was:

Have respect for this forum and it's members. You act like an ass you will be treated like one.

Be humble. No matter how much you know about a subject, post humbly and respectfully.

If you're in a debate heated or calm answer all the questions you've been asked. This boils down to respect.

Last and most important- Read more post less.

Someone earlier said you should chill out for a while. Stop starting threads and hang out and join some conversations. Get to know some people here. I couldn't agree more. You say you know a good deal about metals and such. Why not just chill off the whole starting of threads thing, hang out and answer some questions in a few threads? Show that you're a good guy with knowledge to share and not just a guy trying shove his product and ideas into everybody's pocket.

R.I.P. Tuco

Mike,
I was one of the few that wanted to hear from you and had Patience & tolerance since its appears that English, "That's USA English" wasn't your first language. After two full threads of you going around in circles about your great invention, why it's so important and that it cost's to much for you to make and test etc and myself and others telling you what in our experience would work better as far as getting some prototypes made for a reasonable price and you keep insisting that you know better that I finally gave in to sarcasm and for that I apologize.

Now, If you would like to start over here and directly answer the question that has been put forth to you by three members.

What is the Patent number of your locking device? Now if you insist that it doesn't matter and we are all against any new invention etc etc etc, you will prove that all of the sarcasm was justified.

So we are waiting to hear from you.

Laurence,
Initially you were one of the forums members that didn't resort to insults as I conveyed the basic FFK idea. However as Haze(clown) and a few others started then

you all had to lock step behind them or else. Any further information about the FFK and improvements will not be posted at BF. Again if you look at the threads you will

see that I tried like Heck to stay calm and respectful despite the impatient(child like) requests/demands/insults insisting that I destroy valuable prototypes immediately for their

viewing enjoyment. Had I been treated with respect I would have gladly answered patent number questions etc....I would have posted an CAD exploded views of the FFK and

individual parts. for closer examination. So Laurence....start over for what ? Fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me.

Laurence--

Post #32 is one of the most gracious I've ever seen at BF. You are a gentleman.

FFk,

It's a forum about knives. A lot of people here are very knowledgeable and have critically discussed and questioned your product. You have chosen not to answer particular questions and steer conversations a certain way.
Stop playing the professional victim here and get over yourself....you act like what happened here is beyond forgiveness and you can't believe people would question you in such a way and for some reason you seem to think you have conducted yourself with such grace and dignity that you are above them. Again, get over yourself.
Things got to this point because you made it happen.
Humble humility is always hard...but a little bit every now and then is good for every man. Just take it like a man and learn from it

th

Laurence,
You and others have made it clear that any new ideas/innovations will not be tolerated here at BF . It would not make a difference at this point to give the

patent #.
You and others would just try to discredit it in some way, and you know it. It's a shame because I think most of BF is probably a good group of guys.

Just a few like you all put a mark on this forum that is shown on all my closed threads. Any FFK video testing/results that I will do in the future will not be given to this forum.

Laurence,
Initially you were one of the forums members that didn't resort to insults as I conveyed the basic FFK idea. However as Haze(clown) and a few others started then

you all had to lock step behind them or else. Any further information about the FFK and improvements will not be posted at BF. Again if you look at the threads you will

see that I tried like Heck to stay calm and respectful despite the impatient(child like) requests/demands/insults insisting that I destroy valuable prototypes immediately for their

viewing enjoyment. Had I been treated with respect I would have gladly answered patent number questions etc....I would have posted an CAD exploded views of the FFK and

individual parts. for closer examination. So Laurence....start over for what ? Fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me.

I'm interested in more info on your idea, looking up the patent seems to be the only way as you are showing us little other info.

If you refuse to give it, I can only assume you have no patent and this whole thing is just trolling and bs.

If you read the forum rules, name calling is disrespectful and can get you banned.

That's not the path to a manufacturing deal.

What's your obsession with cad views?
I've gone through dozens of pages of your threads and still haven't seen a photo yet.
If you've got the knife let's see it.

Laurence,

you all had to lock step behind them or else. Any further information about the FFK and improvements will not be posted at BF.Again if you look at the threads you will

I believe this is what you're looking for:

[video=youtube_share;QuE--xlkTYk]http://youtu.be/QuE--xlkTYk[/video]

Any further information about the FFK and improvements will not be posted at BF. Again if you look at the threads you will

individual parts. for closer examination.

Personally, I was very interested in your design and learning more about it, and I still am. I don't think anybody was demanding that you outright destroy your prototype right off the bat, but should you not have at least been able to give SOME kind of visual demonstration as to the merits of your design, significantly short of catastrophic failure?

It's been about 3 weeks since you gave us a "2 weeks or so" deadline on some testing. What gives?

Some of us would like nothing more than to see you and your design succeed, but you seem to be ignoring a great deal of the discussion and advice that would HELP you to do so, and instead focusing only on a small handful of negative "hijackers".

At the end of the day, you're the only one who loses by "taking your ball and going home", and that's your prerogative. Personally, if I had a design that I truly believed had some merit, I'd PUT UP some proof, and SHUT UP the nay sayers.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Pics or gtfo? I like ffk he might win the troll of the year.

I like how you say that because everyone on here has been so critical of your design (or lack of) that you won't come back or share your designs. Trust me if you actually have a knife that goes into production I can guarantee it will be posted all over here and discussed in detail with or without your CAD designs or patented number. Do you really want all this negativity tied to your inability to have a conversation like a human being when a simple Google search will link potential buyers to this and your other threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back