Hijacking threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
The time for useful dialog about the FFK mechanism(on BF anyway) has passed. But since most of you seem to want to continue the insults, I will gladly return the

favor. Lets start with this:
1. This should be a forum of knife enthusiasts and professional knife makers(jury is still out on that)

2. The FFK has little in common with current knife design other than a blade/handle/pivot pin.

3. The locking mechanism/application is completely new and very strong.

4. In the last 5 years of developing this mechanism and getting it to work properly,.....like it or not.....I am the resident expert on it.
You are not !

5. I have tried to spin you guys up but you seem stuck.

6. I have forgotten more about the FFK mechanism than you will ever know.

The time for useful dialog about the FFK mechanism(on BF anyway) has passed. But since most of you seem to want to continue the insults, I will gladly return the

1. This should be a forum of knife enthusiasts and professional knife makers(jury is still out on that)

2. The FFK has little in common with current knife design other than a blade/handle/pivot pin.

4. In the last 5 years of developing this mechanism and getting it to work properly,.....like it or not.....I am the resident expert on it.
You are not !

[video=youtube_share;ZXk5ru5gJQM]http://youtu.be/ZXk5ru5gJQM[/video]

You really should reread your initial thread about the FFK.

It didn't start with insults. It started with a blanket statement about the greatest folding fixed blade knife since sliced bread. Questions and comments were made towards those blanket statements. You kept reiterating that it is as strong as a fixed blade. Great. "Words are wind" All anyone wanted to see was something to back that up which never came. Then there came multiple threads rehashing the same words with nothing new.

Plus, you really should look at your business model. You spent allegedly $6000!! on a prototype but you want to retail it for $100 (as stated on your Youtube page). It's your money do with it what you will, but I don't see how you can come out on top of that game.

He stuck in his thumb and pulled out the FFK and said "I've have tried to spin you guys up but you seem stuck".

uKu9g5n.jpg

You are not !

The only thing you seem to have forgotten about the FFK, is PRECISELY what we have absolutely no clue about: real life testing.
If it is in fact "very strong" then show us.

I don't have to load a 1/2" steel cable to its breaking point to know that it's significantly stronger than a nylon rope of the same diameter.

If your lock design is, by your own definition: "stronger" than anything else on the market, then proving it should be the easiest part of this 5 year development.

All that said, I'm really beginning to think that this whole thing was some kind of ruse. Or maybe you did in fact test your prototype and were less than satisfied with the results?

Eitherway, there's more to this story... except you're not going to share that with us are you?

We are approaching the end. You came here with an idea for a knife. That conversation went nowhere because you never gave us any information to discuss. You turned to random subjects which got less interest than your mysterious knife. Now you have nothing going but a Tech Support thread on how mean we all are.

Most people have been here on Bladeforums for a while and know each other from many discussions in different forums on different subjects. New members show up and usually fit in quickly, even if they get off to a ragged start.

Your choice. Communicate or leave.

Understand me: no one will throw you out. You can continue as you have been. But eventually your threads will be moved to Whine & Cheese, to serve no better purpose than entertainment for bored members.

The only thing you seem to have forgotten about the FFK, is PRECISELY what we have absolutely no clue about: real life testing.
If it is in fact "very strong" then show us.

I don't have to load a 1/2" steel cable to its breaking point to know that it's significantly stronger than a nylon rope of the same diameter.

If your lock design is, by your own definition: "stronger" than anything else on the market, then proving it should be the easiest part of this 5 year development.

All that said, I'm really beginning to think that this whole thing was some kind of ruse. Or maybe you did in fact test your prototype and were less than satisfied with the results?

Eitherway, there's more to this story... except you're not going to share that with us are you
?

I posted early on, trying to be helpful. But I came to that exact conclusion then. That's why it's been downhill ever since, for me anyway. I believe you hit on the crux of the matter.

Sam

We are approaching the end. You came here with an idea for a knife. That conversation went nowhere because you never gave us any information to discuss. You turned to random subjects which got less interest than your mysterious knife. Now you have nothing going but a Tech Support thread on how mean we all are.

Most people have been here on Bladeforums for a while and know each other from many discussions in different forums on different subjects. New members show up and usually fit in quickly, even if they get off to a ragged start.

Your choice. Communicate or leave.

Oooh, one more then:

[video=youtube_share;1ar27ChFKqA]http://youtu.be/1ar27ChFKqA[/video]

I'm really beginning to think that this whole thing was some kind of ruse.

I've been thinking this since the second thread he started. No one would voluntarily go into a forum (that has so much to offer) and be so closed minded.

It's one of those "You can lead a horse to water" things.

This reminds me of that En Vogue song.

"Never gonna get it, never gonna get it, never gonna get it never gonna get it..."

Wow. Strangest marketing strategy I've ever seen. Alienate your potential peers and customers right off the bat before your design ever becomes reality.

Let us know how that works out for you, FFK.

Laurence,
You and others have made it clear that any new ideas/innovations will not be tolerated here at BF . It would not make a difference at this point to give the

patent #. You and others would just try to discredit it in some way, and you know it.

That's a load of total BS and you damn well know it.
All sorts of innovative ideas are freely discussed with great enthusiasm.
Yours could have been too if you'd just answered a few questions honestly, and stepped away from the computer when you were pissed off.

see that I tried like Heck to stay calm and respectful despite the impatient(child like) requests/demands/insults insisting that I destroy valuable prototypes immediately for their

viewing enjoyment.

Now you make even less sense.
Look at every single product development process for pretty every device ever.
You have to actually use the item to see how well it actually works for the intended purpose!

Laurence,
You and others have made it clear that any new ideas/innovations will not be tolerated here at BF . It would not make a difference at this point to give the

patent #. You and others would just try to discredit it in some way, and you know it. It's a shame because I think most of BF is probably a good group of guys.

Just a few like you all put a mark on this forum that is shown on all my closed threads. Any FFK video testing/results that I will do in the future will not be given to this forum.
Actually, you've made it clear that you cannot express yourself adequately, listen to any criticism, take any advice or help, and are hyper sensitive when someone attempts to gather more information about your gadget. You have poor communication skills when it comes to conversation, it is only one way (you like to read what you write, and reiterate that same mess forever). Your personal presentation is severely lacking. Maybe you are just unstable and should move along to another forum and see if you get the same response that you got here. This by definition is trolling.

I bet you cant mention 2 or 3 true knife innovations unveiled on BF in the last 5 years. Please discuss things you may know about like handle colors or should I DLC or

stonewash my blade.

I bet you cant mention 2 or 3 true knife innovations unveiled on BF in the last 5 years.

1) Introduction of steel insert on titanium frame-locks.
2) Introduction of bearings on production knives.
3) Tri-ad lock.

You lose your bet. ;)

Laurence,
You and others have made it clear that any new ideas/innovations will not be tolerated here at BF .

Good ones will. Bad ones will be critiqued. That is what a forum is. You can always make your own web page or create a blog, or go on YouTube and disable comment if you want your ideas safe from criticism.

stabman,
Design innovations ........

-Triad definitely

-Steel inserts...Titanium is not wear resistant(even HT type). Machinists have known that for a 1000 years.

-Tiny ball bearings....idk.... knifes open fast enough with phospher bronze

I commend you,you actually answered the post...........I guess it's a start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back