Hinderer Skinnys

I learned the hard way that the sheepsfoot uses a different hardware set. I was wondering what specific hardware they use because it is not the normal skinny 3.5 cm hardware. I broke a screw in the standoff and had to have hinderer send me.a new one. Let me know if you find out, perhaps Hinderer can answer that

The Sheepsfoot blades use the Eklipse model hardware ... but since the Skinnys use some Skinny specific hardware ... I don't think that the Eklipse hardware (the spacers and screws) will fit the Skinny.

I know the spacers are slightly thicker on the regular Sheepsfoot than the Skinny ... I am assuming the screws may be slightly different also ... I measure the spacers and they are slightly different sizes ... but did not disassemble my regular Sheepsfoot to measure the screws.

The Sheepsfoot blades use the Eklipse model hardware ... but since the Skinnys use some Skinny specific hardware ... I don't think that the Eklipse hardware (the spacers and screws) will fit the Skinny.

I know the spacers are slightly thicker on the regular Sheepsfoot than the Skinny ... I am assuming the screws may be slightly different also ... I measure the spacers and they are slightly different sizes ... but did not disassemble my regular Sheepsfoot to measure the screws.

I remembered someone helped me in my broken screw thread... thanks again for the info.

I was hoping we could figure out definitively what hardware the skinny sheepsfoot uses and from there we could source replacements. I know I broke one screw and I have one screw starting to strip. I'd like to go Ti or Bronze but I dont even know where to start. Luckily RHK got me a new screw and standoff for now.

Sent an email to them about which hardware to use. I’ll let you know when they reply unless someone figures it out before then.

This is what I got in the email back from Hinderer...

“The handle screws and standoffs are Sheepsfoot Skinny specific. The only accessory hardware we have are standoffs in brass and copper. I don't know what the dealers have I'm afraid.”

Soo... I’m assuming that means not only skinny specific, but skinny sheepsfoot specific I guess...?

I looked up skinny sheepsfoot specific hardware but couldn’t find anything on it...

This is what I got in the email back from Hinderer...

“The handle screws and standoffs are Sheepsfoot Skinny specific. The only accessory hardware we have are standoffs in brass and copper. I don't know what the dealers have I'm afraid.”

Soo... I’m assuming that means not only skinny specific, but skinny sheepsfoot specific I guess...?

I looked up skinny sheepsfoot specific hardware but couldn’t find anything on it...

Thanks, I wonder how much the copper and brass cost. I'll hit them up.... thank you.

Last edited:
FYI

New XM-18 3.5” Skinny No Choil slicers in Battle black M390 have landed.

Love my Skinny’s......

b773466ba4e3fe3fc5ab62c21ffbf6f2.jpg

So, I’m really looking hard at the 3.5 skinny no choil slicer at DLT. My one and only other Hinderer was a nonflipper gen 4 spanto that I found way too thick, frankly it cut things pretty terribly. I’m thinking about giving Hinderer another try, but before I drop $425 on another one I was hoping for a little more post use feedback:
1. Fit and finish good?
2. Lockup solid?
3. M390 from Hinderer seem to be heat treated right?
4. General thoughts after use?
5. Is yours on bearings or washers?
I don’t mind the price if the value is there, have happily drops as much or more on CRKs.
Thanks!

:
1. Fit and finish good?
2. Lockup solid?
I don’t mind the price if the value is there, have happily drops as much or more on CRKs.
Thanks!
1. When I got it, excellent. Yesterday I noticed that the scale was coming loose. Haven't carried it more than maybe two weeks combined.
2. Lockup is spot on.
3. Seems to be. Honestly haven't used it enough yet.
4. It's a good one, but a little to thin in the handle for me.
5. Bearings.

Do it!
The skinny slicer should be a much better slicer than the regular spanto. While I can’t say exactly because I got the skinny sheepsfoot, having held a gen 4 spanto, I don’t think you will be disappointed with it’s cutting ability compared to the spanto.

The fit and finish on my skinny sheepsfoot is excellent. The lock-up is solid, and it will drop shut with the bearings installed. As for the ht of the m390, I can’t help you there. I do have a 3” slicer in m390 but I haven’t used it enough to say...

Hope this helps!

I have a skinny sheepsfoot and skinny slicer....

The Fit and finish is excellent although I did have some issues with screw breaking inside the nut.

Lock up is really good. About %30-40 and no stick or lock rock.

both of mine are cpm-20cv so I can't speak on m390 HT, but I can say the 20cv is great

I run mine in bearings and that's one of the best parts of this knife, I didnt like the older gens of Hinderer for lack of bearings so that's just a personal preference for me. Drop shut, fires open, good fidget factor.

Overall impressions are great, I prefer a thin knife for EDC and not some brick so this knife really checks a lot of boxes for me. I can carry it at work and know it will take a beating and I can wear it in shorts and sandals and not even notice it's there most times.

That's all I got, good luck.

Last edited:
W Warbow150 - the skinny 3.5" and the standard 3.5" feel quite different in hands. The skinny slicer is significantly thinner (in both blade and handle). It slices much better, which seems to be what you care the most. However, it does not give me the kind of over-built feeling that the standard one gives, even though the built quality of both is great - honestly hard to tell which one has better build quality. The action of the skinny with bearings is great. However, the three gen 4 3.5"s that I have, after replaced with PB washers, all have great flipping action. Again, hard to say which one's flipping action is better.

So for me, all factors considerecd, I cannot tell which one is better between the standard and the skinny; all I know is they are different.

So, I’m really looking hard at the 3.5 skinny no choil slicer at DLT. My one and only other Hinderer was a nonflipper gen 4 spanto that I found way too thick, frankly it cut things pretty terribly. I’m thinking about giving Hinderer another try, but before I drop $425 on another one I was hoping for a little more post use feedback:
1. Fit and finish good?
2. Lockup solid?
Thanks!

I have one...DLT XM-18 3.5" No-Choil Skinny Slicer in M390.

1. Excellent.
2. Solid.
3. Haven't had it long enough. Still has a factory edge which I touched up on a Sharpmaker and strop. The performance of the steel conforms with my experiences with other knife brands using M390. So far so good.
4. a) Thinner blade and handle and lighter weight makes the skinny more suitable for my recreational EDC needs vs standard Hinderers.
b) I think I miss the choil like on my other Hinderers, but it's more of an esthetic thing and hasn't been much of a factor in actual use. The longer effective cutting edge is much appreciated particularly in food prep.
c) Still waiting for Hinderer to produce skinny CF or Ti scales. Hope the wait doesn't last much longer.
5. Bearings.

Back