Hog Killer photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... ok you can be on my team during the zombie apocalypse...

+1

Thats freaken awesome Bro! :thumbup:

Best thread on the forum at the moment right in front of Emerson's last post in his section.

I am supposed to go and see my bladesmith today to get started on my Camillus/CS Kukri blanks for grinding, handles, etc, but I am going to be late because I need one more look at the pics. A great knife is useless without the courage to use it under those conditions - cool head + courage. Impressive.

Thinking about CS blanks - I do believe that someone (with whom I have no issues with btw) has been called, I mean this on live aggressive meat that that can fight back.

110,000 acres by foot and pickup truck. Carried a model 92 Winchester .44 mag with 12 in the tube and a .357. When it was time to thin the coyotes, helicopter and a pump shotgun (12 guage).

I, for one, am encouraged that at least some people in this world are fighting the never-ending tide of this wussification of man.

Good show, Andrew.

A big friggin' +1

Last edited by a moderator:
A big friggin' +1

I don't want to sound like a wussy, but Chee-rist -- repeatedly chopping at the muscle and bone of a living, breathing animal is pretty savage, especially considering that these hogs certainly were of no immediate danger.

I understand how the hogs out there are ruining peoples' livelihoods, as well as the natural ecology of the area, but it would be more conscientious to take them out cleanly with a rifle. You decimated most of the pack; I don't think two lone hogs can do much more damage before another hunter can take them out cleanly.

Like I said, I don't want to sound like a wussy, but looking at those wounds, it seems like an excruciatingly, excessively painful way to die. I'm sure my sensibilities are of the minority opinion here, though. Welcome to the forum bro -- I like the way your setup looks!

I don't want to sound like a wussy, but Chee-rist -- repeatedly chopping at the muscle and bone of a living, breathing animal is pretty savage, especially considering that these hogs certainly were of no immediate danger.

I understand how the hogs out there are ruining peoples' livelihoods, as well as the natural ecology of the area, but it would be more conscientious to take them out cleanly with a rifle. You decimated most of the pack; I don't think two lone hogs can do much more damage before another hunter can take them out cleanly.

Like I said, I don't want to sound like a wussy, but looking at those wounds, it seems like an excruciatingly, excessively painful way to die. I'm sure my sensibilities are of the minority opinion here, though. Welcome to the forum bro -- I like the way your setup looks!

I think I kinda agree . I guess I'm a wussy too lol !!!

My thoughts also...kill them if you have to nice and quick, but the hacking repeatedly part made me cringe.

Two hogs can most definitely be a threat. A single medium sized hog could seriuosly put a hurtin' on someone. Also, given that they can have up to 4 litters a year of 10+ per litter, 2 hogs can become a whole mess of hogs in short order. There's a good reason it's a year round anything goes season on them. At the rate they reproduce there's really no putting a dent in the population.

For sure, like I said: I understand the problem. If you can eliminate them all, i'm all for it. I just don't enjoy the idea of an animal smarter than dogs, and as capable of feeling as you and me, being put down so painfully.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that I REALLY want a Junglas now. Does that make me a hypocrite? :D

Last edited:
i've shot hogs with pistols and rifles that left similar wounds, just part of killing them. better than wounding and letting them get away. hogs take alot of killin.

good job
cricket

Holy Poop that is crazy awesome! I wanna come down there and go hog hunting!

Just so all of you know, I basically did the same thing today. Except, instead of 110,000 acres of bush, it was my house, and instead of wild hogs ready to gore you until you are dead, I had cardboard boxes. I did have my Junglas though!

Can't wait to take mine out in the forest of WI again this weekend and have some fun.

Welcome to the forums, man, and keep taking pics!

You Sir would do rambo proud lol. I have been charged by hogs like that before and it takes a good level head to do what you did. Pig its whats for dinner!

I was trying to kill them as quickly and humanely as possible. Hence the massive wounds. I could stab once and watch them bleed out, or continue cutting and end it fast....
A quick kill would have been easy if they were not built like a tank with vitals deep behind bone. And trying to bite me didn't make it easier. I find this more humane than shooting one poorly and him running off and bleeding to death for a few hours. Which happens often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back