Home Invasion! . . . Attacked While Asleep! . . . . Years Of Extensive Training Saved Me ! ! !

Jerry Busse

Now that Christmas is over, I feel like I can share a harrowing experience that, without years of training to fall back on, could've ended much differently and could've cost me dearly!!!

About a week before Christmas, at approx. 3:30 in the morning, I was dead asleep in my chair in the family room while my wife and kids were asleep upstairs. Two thugs quietly broke into our home and attacked me while I was asleep. The attack only lasted a few minutes thanks to, literally years of training and preparation.

I had actually been training earlier in the evening prior to being attacked on that fateful night.

My self defense training is unique insofar as it is based on surviving the most violent of attacks, those made by vicious wild animals. The theory being that if you can survive an attack by a grizzly bear, you can basically survive any attack! That being said, it is important to note that when being attacked by a bear, the best defense is to play dead so that the bear loses interest and walks away. My self defense coaches have made this defense the very cornerstone of their discipline and it paid off big time. The "Rem Defense" as it is often referred to in combative training circles, literally saved me from being severely disfigured.

The description of the attack as well as the pics below are not meant for children and/or the squeamish. They are quite graphic, so please do not continue reading unless you are prepared.
What happened and how I survived!
At approximately 3:30 in the morning, the two thugs in the picture below, attacked me while I was asleep. Thanks to my advanced "Rem Defense" training, which consisted of at least a half bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue, I was able to confuse these ne'er-do-wells into thinking that I was dead!. Sure some would give the majority of the credit to Johnnie for making me pass-out but I like to think that had I not had the foresight to tap that bottle, then Johnnie could not have helped me at all. I'm not bragging but I believe that my innate ability to use the proper tools for the situation are what saved me!

After the initial attack, the two thugs believed that I was dead and moved on. I was awakened by my two littlest ones, Luke and Maddie, who were screaming that the 2 elves (Elf on the shelf) were sitting on the kitchen table with a hair clippers and what they believed to be a sizeable pile of reindeer fur.

When I sprung into action to see what was going on, they both pointed at my head and started screaming again!!! That's when I went to a mirror and saw the damage that had been done to the right side of my head! Those two elfin miscreants had tried to wake me by shaving my head! Thanks to my Johnnie Walker assisted "Rem Defense' training I was able to fool them into thinking that I was dead and thwarted their attack!!!!

The aftermath. . .
Elf%20Attack.jpg

Lesson learned? You can NEVER be too prepared or too drunk!

So, here's a big thank you to my coaches Johnnie, Jack, and Jim! You guys are the best!

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry :D

Thank goodness you were prepared!

The tactics of "Rem Defense" always work well.....especially at 3:30am..

Missed the picture. Thank god all is safe. Always have Johnny Red with you, he is always willing to take a hit for you. Anyone that gets into it with Johnny Red will never come back to your house. Trust me on that.

I think I would've heard about this.... Hmmmmmm:eek:.... There's more to this story I do believe ;)
Biggest event in this parts was a house fire the week before Christmas.

Jerry DOES have quite an imagination.:D

No kidding.

I’ve often wondered what the thought process must have been like, for that young professor and part time knife maker. How do you get from there to, “I think I’d like to start a knife company”, and then to the spectacle I witnessed first hand for the first time in Atlanta in 2010...

A huge hall filled with booths and tables representing every major knife manufacturing company in the world, together with all the premier custom makers, by the hundreds rank and file across the largest blade exposition in this country, possibly the world. All those manufacturers reps in all those booths and all those makers at all those tables from time to time would have their attention inexorably drawn by great noise and pandemonium as they stared and shook their heads, gawking at the huge booth that dominated the center of the hall, where scores upon scores of grown men were leaping into the air to grab pieces of cardboard showered down on them like precious rain, each card granting its orgasmically delirious bearer the right to purchase a Busse knife.

Yeah, I’d have to agree—the man has imagination. :D

Happy New Year, Jerry!!!

Back