Honey, why don't we get drunk and SNARK?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly enough Moose, my old boss had a really badly torn acl, he lost a lot of weight thinking that would help the knee. Once he lost the weight his knee actually got worse because without all the weight bearing down on his knee the joint got slack in it and he ended up having to have it operated on. I thought it was funny but weird. 1 pound of weight = 4 pounds of pressure in the knee.

Oddly enough Moose, my old boss had a really badly torn acl, he lost a lot of weight thinking that would help the knee. Once he lost the weight his knee actually got worse because without all the weight bearing down on his knee the joint got slack in it and he ended up having to have it operated on. I thought it was funny but weird. 1 pound of weight = 4 pounds of pressure in the knee.

I'm trying to lose weight to keep my fat ass from dying of a massive coronary event. :D

Lose the weight, get a good exercise routine down, then, I'll tackle the smoking. One thing at a time Sarnt, one thing at a time.

Moose

Torn ACL I can't get fixed.

So, I just Ibuprofen up, and roll on.

Some days are better than others, but with all the soccer lately, and the attempt at getting in better shape, it would seem I have angered the MIGHTY LEFT KNEE GOD!!!

Must appease it with a sacrifice of a virgin pint of Jack Daniel's, I think.

Moose

Ouch. Been there, Moose. My sympathies.

Mine was so messed up I had it operated on. Totally worth it. I hope you can get that thing fixed eventually.

We should set up another weight loss/ exercise thread. Been a while since we've hurt someone's feelings or had someone banned :p

EDIT: or had some gorilla chest thumpings.

We should set up another weight loss/ exercise thread. Been a while since we've hurt someone's feelings or had someone banned :p

EDIT: or had some gorilla chest thumpings.

Forgot all about that!

Ouch. Been there, Moose. My sympathies.

Mine was so messed up I had it operated on. Totally worth it. I hope you can get that thing fixed eventually.

Can't be down that long. Doc says the surgery will put me on my ass for at least 3 months, before he would release me (active climbing, lifting job), and now, since I'm unemployed, insurance is gonna be a problem.

Wo0t!!!

Moose

I will do it. Lemme find that BK11 and get 'er sharpened up good and proper. :D

On a side note, is this not the single best, most generous subforum on this place? I mean really, crazy generous.

On a side note, is this not the single best, most generous subforum on this place? I mean really, crazy generous.

Uh oh. Someone gave Derek one of those special "hugs" again :D

Either that or it's for the weight loss thread. I'm not sure if cutting off chunks of fat counts. I mean, it's hardcore. But also probably a "don't try this at home, kids" stunt.

100_1651.jpg

21'' OAL

100_1653.jpg

I should have just bought the handle with it lol. I spent like 3 hours turning a sledgehammer handle into a hawk haft. But it is strong. I need to replace the 550 with some leather cord, or just go ahead and finish the wood out. Or just spend the 20 bucks and get 3 hafts LOL I never made a hawk handle before...so at the very least I can say I have now!

100_1649.jpg

In on the first page AGAIN. This internet stuff is nothing when you get the hang of it.

I agree.
I am astounded by the community in this subforum.
Also, congrats to you and your troop.

Hopefully I will be lucky enough to meet some of you bastids this fall.

100_1651.jpg

21'' OAL

100_1653.jpg

I should have just bought the handle with it lol. I spent like 3 hours turning a sledgehammer handle into a hawk haft. But it is strong. I need to replace the 550 with some leather cord, or just go ahead and finish the wood out. Or just spend the 20 bucks and get 3 hafts LOL I never made a hawk handle before...so at the very least I can say I have now!

100_1649.jpg

How you like that sog tomahawk? I just ordered a united cutlery tomahawk just cus! I know imma Gunna break it but whatever , I wanted one d#mn it! I hope it's not to ghey!
I liked your pic with the 9 so much I stole it. The pic that is!

I like the SOG hawks a lot. Tough, and dang great bang for the buck! I wanna order the full-size SOG next, looks just like mine but it's larger. I have seen the United hawks, nice-looking but I have no idea on quality.....lets us know how it works for ya mr guinea pig! I man mr. guineaman LOL

I tell ya one thing, I would rather have the Wolf hawk in Braveheart style sh*t....but for throwing in the backyard the SOG is a lot easier on the arm and shoulder LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back