Hornswoggled!

Today with my new Portuguese made by the artisan Francisco Cangueiro of Palaçoulo-Miranda do Douro, in horn of bovine, with the tip in stag.
Also has 440 stainless steel blade and linerlock!!!

1sb3fd.jpg
20jhkx2.jpg
2vbttas.jpg
2q9lyzp.jpg
2qv8qrk.jpg

Nice to see this thread bumped, with such an interesting knife!!
Very cool, Pt-Luso Pt-Luso !!

Many thanks Mr. Charlie!!!
I started collecting knives by the Swiss (Victorinox), then I went through the Germans (Puma, Weidmannsheil etc) and then I went to the USA (Case, Schrade and lately the GEC, which I love), only now, I discovered that after all, in my country they also make knives and I continue to search and discover more and more new and well made things, like the one I have now posted ...

It must be nice to find great knives so close to home, Pt-Luso!!
My ancestry (all my grandparents) is Italian and Sicilian. I love many Italian knives, but they are hard to find around here. Many Italian cutler/immigrants influenced the American knife industry, of which I am proud!!

Yes, thanks for bumping this back up, Luso! Beautiful translucent horn on that one.
Charlie, sorry I missed your nice words about my #73, but thank you.

It must be nice to find great knives so close to home, Pt-Luso!!
My ancestry (all my grandparents) is Italian and Sicilian. I love many Italian knives, but they are hard to find around here. Many Italian cutler/immigrants influenced the American knife industry, of which I am proud!!

Yes, it's very good Mr. Charlie. I fully understand your feelings!!!

This thread went to sleep with Jolipapa Jolipapa 's wonderful post up, and unanswered!:eek:

Nice examples of Horn and cutlery artistry, Jolipapa!! And a backdrop of fine leather carving, by your Grandpa perhaps??o_O

Here are some knives I have received recently wearing horn of varied source. The top 3 from Wright & Son, Sheffield, through Jack Black, and the bottom one from Roberto Serra in Sardinia, through @Achillepattada in Paris!! I feel internationally blessed!!:)
Sheff3 Sard 1 A.jpg

This thread went to sleep with Jolipapa Jolipapa 's wonderful post up, and unanswered!:eek:

Nice examples of Horn and cutlery artistry, Jolipapa!! And a backdrop of fine leather carving, by your Grandpa perhaps??o_O

Here are some knives I have received recently wearing horn of varied source. The top 3 from Wright & Son, Sheffield, through Jack Black, and the bottom one from Roberto Serra in Sardinia, through @Achillepattada in Paris!! I feel internationally blessed!!:)
View attachment 920776

You've done a great job of capturing that horn Charlie :thumbsup:

That is the best looking Buck 110 I have ever seen!! Is it factory done or aftermarket? If factory, when was it done? Thanks.
Larry

Thanks Larry, it was ordered a few years back from Bucks Custom Shop, I just checked and it does not look like they currently have Rams horn available but they seem to change the available handle materials quite often so it may come back.

This knife and three others were just bought by a donor as prizes for a ranch roping next month. Interestingly we were already donating a knife as a prize too.

DLwMQhl.jpg

Here's two of the other prize knives as well, the center one also being sheep horn.

zqhtDV3.jpg

This one is not a prize and shipped out last week.

jxi2Axm.jpg

YD9q7Wa.jpg

Back