How come there's no SOG club? The other brands have clubs..

They only came with the 20th Anniversary markings in 2006 when we had our 20th Anniversary. This year 2011 is our 25th Anniversary.

That's right, I meant 25th Anniversary. So the same question remains. I just bought and received a super bowie this week and it had no anniversary markings. How do I get one with the markings?

Oh yeah, keep forgetting the list:

Aegis
Bi Polar
Flash1
Flash2 Camo
Tomcat 3
Toothlock
Topo Meridian
Twitch XL - Graphite
Twitch XL - Graphite Tanto
PowerAssist

Does that make me Dog #2?:D

Ok..let's see..

A.P.F (I believe you got urs in before Hybrid Banana) so..

A.P.F You are hereby SOG DOG #3.

Hybrid Banana You are hereby SOG DOG #4.

It would be nice if you guys would put your SOG DOG tag in your signatures, I'm still trying 2 figure ou how myself..

B2D

SOG DOG 1

Are there any other applicants? You need to list atleast one SOG knife in your membership request.

B2D

Bored2deth, I think at one time SOG maybe had a fan club of some sort not sure what ever happened.

This forum needs some new input/blood so to speak because many of us have seen better times on this forum.

BUT.........

SOG in my opinion is like a freight train now and will continue to push down the tracks with no stopping in site especially with the help of the Gunny and lots of great knives to choose from IMO.

A few things you might want to consider in my opinion for this to work.

You need Chris Cashbaugh to make it work IMO.

He is a marketing pro with many years of experience and he would know how to start something like this of course with the help and input of all the members here (and world wide) who want to participate.

You need someone like Chris for "inside the company contact" to direct any ideas like dog tags for members etc.

I think it's a great idea and Bored2deth should be applauded for his idea.

I have a few ideas I would like for you to condsider also.

IF the Gunny were to accept "THE" SOG DOG name for club purposes. He might have no number, meaning he would be "THE" SOG DOG......# 1 would start after.

The actual # 1 SOG DOG number might need to go to Spencer, since he really is, and always will be #1 in the SOG line up IMO.

Of course Bored2deth needs the first number available after these two if you know what I mean.

Oh, before I forget, I MUST have # 14.....:D, here is why,

My birth date is on the 14th, I was married 36 years ago on the 14th, my first son was born on the 14th, my wifes birthday is on the 14th.........so I need it bad !!..........:p

Of course you realize there may be a small membership fee to help pay for any dog tags or anything the club might need.

Chris would be the one to help on this..........I'm sure anything else to do with the club would need to be on a volunteer basis by club members.

The old saying "keep it simple" would be the best bet here IMO so as not to burden any members and make it hard. I've been there and done that in other clubs and they don't last long.

Make it fun, and intersting like "things to do with SOG knives" or photo of the month for SOG knives etc. and it will be something we will all want to come here and look at.

These are just some thoughts to toss around and i hope Chris does not get mad at me for mentioning his help, he really is a great person and knows SOG knives VERY well.

And lastly, I respectfully submit 2 names for everyone to consider as members/ambassadors to this club that have been here on Bladeforums/SOG forum for many years and have constantly posted pics and very intersting topics about SOG knives, just search their names and you will see they have been VERY dedicated to SOG knives and continue to offer topics that we all benefit from I think.

Mr. HEBER "WILDMANH"
and
Mr. CARL "NEW PIG HUNTER"

Heber had one of the first SOG Revolvers off the line and has used it hard for many years which says a lot about the knife. :p He also is an expert sheath maker.designer and has made several top notch sheaths for my Revolvers. He has owned and used almost every SOG knife ever made. He is one of the nicest "knife people" I have ever known.

Carl is probably one of the most knowledgable "straight knife" SOG "users" I have ever known. He would be an expert IMO when it comes to "using" SOG straight knives. I also meant to add he has hunted with them and then used them at the dinner table for years......

I sincerely and respectfully submit all the above information and suggestions to all future club members...;)

Robbie Roberson. SOG DOG # 14 (?)
Inventor of the SOG SEAL Revolver knife.
My ID photo for the club if needed,
http://sogknives.com/store/FX-21.html

Last edited:
Robbie is one of my SOG heroes .... inventor of the Revolver, wow.

a true SOG DOG is BadBobbyB ..... he's been around much longer than I have, with knowledge and insight and "corporate history" that goes way way way back on all aspects of SOG knives.

and being the occasional sentimentalist, let's take a moment to remember Ron Andersen who passed away last year. I miss him a lot, he worked at SOG and knew pretty much everything about everything about SOG products, an absolute wealth of knowledge.

Cheers,

Carl

other than the top line folders made in japan the chinese fixed blades are way over priced. for a lower price you can get a cold steel of the same quality.or get a bark river or a esee for about the same price and they are both are way above the quality of china sogs

other than the top line folders made in japan the chinese fixed blades are way over priced. for a lower price you can get a cold steel of the same quality.or get a bark river or a esee for about the same price and they are both are way above the quality of china sogs

Of course everyone will have different opinions. ;)

I don't think $26 to $29 is over priced for my Revolver knife at all considering what it can do for the user in the field.

I have used my china SOG Revolver very much ever since it came out a couple years ago and it is still going strong. Still very sharp including the saw. I am VERY pleased with the quality for the money.

We will need lots more feedback on this club deal before Chris will have enough info. to "maybe" help make it a go.

I would like to hear back from Bore2deth and "everyone" in the pages of the original thread to see if they have any ideas they might want to add.

One last thing, we might even want to check with the nice owner of this forum "Mr. Spark" (Kevin Jon Schlossberg), and see what the chances would be to have a sub forum just for SOG DOG's club business, pics etc.

This would give club members a chance to voice their opinions on club activity and such.

I think pictures of SOG knives in action (doing things) would be a great thing to have because it helps open discussions for uses of our SOG knives.

Of course we have had these type threads in the past but this would condense everything to do with club activity and give club members a "special" place to go to talk etc.

I'm just tossing up ideas and in no way does anything i've mentioned have to be........just some thoughts.

Robbie Roberson

Last edited:
Bored2deth, I think at one time SOG maybe had a fan club of some sort not sure what ever happened.

I vaguely remember something, but the details elude me.

You need Chris Cashbaugh to make it work.

Of course.
My limited thinking on the subject, and maybe b2d's, was to see if there was any real interest before bugging Chris. If there turns out to be, I'm sure he would probably chime in and be helpful....if there isn't, then we haven't wasted his time.

I'm sort of thinking of this as something along the lines of a group showing interest and/or support....much like the ESEE Rat Pack.

I think it's a great idea and Bored2deth should be applauded for his idea.

Wellll actually.....oh nevermind. ;)

IF the Gunny were to accept "THE" SOG DOG name for club purposes. He might have no number, meaning he would be "THE" SOG DOG......# 1 would start after.

Involving Gunny was mostly humor....cetainly at this "stage".
IF he ever got involved, as things stand now, I'd be inclined to give him a unique name like the BIG DOG, or GUNNY DOG, or some such.

Of course Boredtodeth needs the first number available after these two if you know what I mean.

Wellll actually, again...oh nevermind.

Oh, before I forget, I MUST have # 14.....:D, here is why,

Certainly all good reasons. Has betting 14 been successful in Vegas?:D
All it takes at this point is a list of owned SOGs.

However, in your case Mr. Roberson, I think actually inventing a SOG knife is an pretty dang acceptable substitute!:thumbup:

SOG DOG #2

Guess that means you don't need a number? :D

SOG DOG #2

part of the reason is because sog really isnt the type of company one would seek out for knife collecting, sog is more user type knives at affordable prices but a collecters knife... maybe not so much. But sog does make good knives at decent prices, quality in my opinion is not the best but good enough for most users.

I don't think $26 to $29 is over priced for my Revolver knife at all considering what it can do for the user in the field.
Not that you are at all biased. :D

We will need lots more feedback on this club deal before Chris will have enough info. to "maybe" help make it a go.

Absolutely. At this point is is just a passing idea. But, who knows, things have been known to grow from such ideas.

One last thing, we might even want to check with the nice owner of this forum "Mr. Spark" (Kevin Jon Schlossberg), and see what the chances would be to have a sub forum just for SOG DOG's club business, pics etc.

An interesting idea.
But, one reason I chimed in was because there was so little dissussion going on. Some on the fixed blades, but very very little on folders (aside from the "my aegis isn't centered").

SOG DOG #2

Hi Robbie,

I read your post & was surprised to hear from someone at SOG.. I never imagined anyone at the company would take me seriously, wow... :D Of course you may have #14, & Gunny the top spot, & Mr.Spencer #1 (his company afterall). I guess that puts me at
#2 or #3 which is fine by me :D. Of course Mr.Heber & Mr.Carl are respectfully & happily invited to join. Robbie, thank you for replying to my thread & for all the excellent suggestions & input, & a thank you to Mr.Carl for your excellent suggestions & your reply! :D I was in a bad spot in my life right now (gf recently proposed & I'm scared of the changes--extremely happy but scared :D) & this has alleviated some of my thoughts & worries, thank you for that & for taking my post seriously. I'll try & post a member's list, with Gunny as 'Top-DOG', Mr.Spencer as SOG-DOG #1, & so on.

(With the changes going on in my life right now, I may not be as available as some of you may like soon, but I WILL do my best to be available as often as I can, my first & foremost loyalty must be 2 her)

Some suggestions I have:

Story time--Where people can share stories, pics, & ideas related to SOG-Knives toward
survival use, emergency, EDC, & experiences in use.

What does this button do--A place for questions & answers about specifics on products

Get to da choppas!--Contests such as chopping wood, knife-sharpening, & throwing..

SFNC--Survival for Newbies Channel--A Place for basic survival & emergency knowledge to be learned (I've trained for five years in so far)

--

Also, I like the SOG-DOG tags idea & I would personally be honored to wear one. Maybe they could have members names & #'s engraved on them. :) That is a very cool idea. Ok,
I have to go & eat (I've not been eating much lately to diarhea), but I'll be back soon with more ideas. :D Till then SOG-DOG's

B2D (Sog DOG #2?)

(Gunny'd be Top-DOG, Mr.Spencer #1, Robbie #14, I'll get to work on the list after I've eaten...let's pray it stays down, it's really drained me)

part of the reason is because sog really isnt the type of company one would seek out for knife collecting, sog is more user type knives at affordable prices but a collecters knife... maybe not so much.

Yeah, I referenced that in my original post.
I've been pondering it a bit.
I'm sort of thinking of this as something along the lines of a group showing interest and/or support and not so much a "collector" thing.

The ESEE Rat Pack seems to work pretty well, and I may be uninformed, but I don't consider ESEE a collector item either.

Dunno, it may just get down to SOG owners not being fanatics about it the way many brands users are.

SOG DOG #2

gf recently proposed
I'm combining that with your "old fart" reference to yourself and a great many funny thoughts are going thru my head. :D

B2D (Sog DOG #2?)

Back off! I'm number 2! :grumpy:

More seriously, just an idea, but lets think "ouside the box" here (use to love saying that at work).
Several significant people have been mentioned who deserve respect but may or may not be, or even want to be, involved. And there may be others who have not been considered.
Rather than possibly offend someone by not giving them number one, how about getting creative and giving designations that don't involve the numbers.
GUNNY DOG, TOP DOG, etc. I'm pretty sure we're creative enough to think of appropirate ones.
Robbie wants #14 for his list of reasons, so be it (INVENTOR DOG is probably a tad ponderous anyway:D).
You can keep #1, since it was your idea [ahem].

or alternately

reserve 1-99 for special designations and start the normal ones with 100(you) since it was your idea [ahem].

There could be something to said for picking a nickname beside DOG, but darn if I can think of a better one...and if RAT works, dog should be ok.

SOG DOG #2!

Back