How come there's no SOG club? The other brands have clubs..

LoL! Yeah, it was my idea. I guess if it goes numerically for the members such as us, while Gunny could be (if he wants) Top-Dog, & Mr.Spencer (if he
wants) could be something like Prez-Dog (President SOG DOG). It IS his company afterall. :D. I'm pleased 2 see u did put your number in your signature, I can't figure out how though.. Don't make fun of me..you'll hurt my feelings.. :( I'm also slow when it comes to forum stuff. I'm old. I can't help it. Or, numerically, would it go 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10? Hmmm.. I dunno. I'll need more feedback from m' Sog-DOGs on this! :D.

I'm also glad, Alann45, that you are pleased with your number, I wouldn't take it from you :). I'm glad Robbie Roberson let me know which number he wanted, & it is his, as it was meant to be. :) I like to believe everything happens for a reason--an old friend, whom I hadn't spoken to in years, had found me one day in a store--she remembered me, & that day I got my best-buddy back. Then, another day, the woman I love more than anything in this
whole world txt'd my phone..n' we are back together & she proposed. She &
I have been through ALOT together & I happily belong 2 her. She is my world.

I like to think that SOG-Dog's was meant to happen as well. SOG Knives is a fine company with great products & people, & I for one will always recommend & use it's products, & I believe it deserves the support of it's fans & consumers & collectors alike. I'm still trying to figure out how to work the member's list tho. I'm so pleased that there is a growing interest in the SOG-DOGS! I couldn't believe Robbie Roberson & Mr.Carl had replied! It's all very exciting!

B2D (SOG-DOG 1)
(Gunny--if he wannts it--Top DOG)
(Mr.Spencer--if he wants it--Prez-DOG or whatever he'd like it to be!)
(Alann45--SOG DOG 2)
That's what I've got so far, I'm going back thru the posts 2 get everyone's numbers & everything sorted. I'm sorry for being slow but I'm trying really hard!

I need the help of my SOG-DOG's to help me compile & clarify the member's list, I've tried but I keep botching it up :( I've got so much on my mind. Give me a hand please. :)

B2D (SOG-DOG 1)

Bored2deth, mini quote below,

"Hi Robbie,

I read your post & was surprised to hear from someone at SOG.. I never imagined anyone at the company would take me seriously, wow...".

I do not work for SOG knives. I just got lucky enough in 2002 to meet Spencer Frazer and become friends with him and ask him to consider making my invention, the now called "SOG Revolver knife".

He did a wonderful job on it and since then it has proven itself all over the world.

Sorry you do not feel well. Take time to feel better and then do knife stuff.......;)

I think SOG Dog numbers would be the easiest way to go because eventually if it goes there could be many hundreds or thousands of members and it would be near impossible to think of that many names.........

I think it's a great idea whoever thought of it..........maybe we can make something of this.

Now is the time to put all the ideas on paper so Chris can read them. I sent him an email a couple days ago and complimented him on his new Shot Show video.

Anyway, keep the ideas coming.

I like Alann45' ideas very much, he should be the one to help you in these areas if he can or has time.

Robbie Roberson.

My SOG is the only multi tool that doesn't bite my hand when I squeeze the pliers. All my leathermen bite cause big fat blood blisters, so count me in as a fan.

LoL! Yeah, it was my idea.
uhhuh [ahem]
I guess if it goes numerically for the members such as us, while Gunny could be (if he wants) Top-Dog, & Mr.Spencer (if he
wants) could be something like Prez-Dog
I think thats best for now, if it needs changing we can always add digits for the basic members 101,102 etc, and give the lower numbers to notables.

I'm pleased 2 see u did put your number in your signature, I can't figure out how though.. Don't make fun of me..you'll hurt my feelings.. :( I'm also slow when it comes to forum stuff. I'm old. I can't help it.

Actually I just typed it in. You have to pay for at least a Basic membership to add a sig line.

I never make fun of folks about computer stuff. I did PC support and ran a network for Georgia for years.
However, I make no promises in other areas. I'm old too and since you mentioned your g/f proposed I've been biteing my tongue. :D

Or, numerically, would it go 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10? Hmmm.. I dunno. I'll need more feedback from m' Sog-DOGs on this! :D.

Normally 0 is not used...it generally has a negative (no math pun intended) connotation (think patient 0 for plague).

I'm also glad, Alann45, that you are pleased with your number, I wouldn't take it from you :)

Have to pry it from my cold dead hands!;)

. I'm glad Robbie Roberson let me know which number he wanted, & it is his, as it was meant to be. :)

Yep. When a gentleman who actually creates things asks for something like that it should be a given.

I like to believe everything happens for a reason--an old friend, whom I hadn't spoken to in years, had found me one day in a store--she remembered me, & that day I got my best-buddy back. Then, another day, the woman I love more than anything in this
whole world txt'd my phone..n' we are back together & she proposed. She &
I have been through ALOT together & I happily belong 2 her. She is my world.
Glad that is working out for you...though I find it kinda hysterical SHE had to propose.:D
Your luck is better than mine. A few years ago I heard from an old g/f who I had never quite gotten "together" ;) with....or had in my mind only. She went to quite a bit of trouble to find me, and I was somewhat flattered. Unfortunately, after a couple of phone conversations and a meeting I realized she was a WHACK JOB!!
I seem to attract crazy women...and sometimes marry them. (My ex is on her 4th husband last time I heard. :rolleyes:)
I couldn't believe Robbie Roberson & Mr.Carl had replied! It's all very exciting!

I'm going back thru the posts 2 get everyone's numbers & everything sorted. I'm sorry for being slow but I'm trying really hard!
That was extremely nice of them and a bit surprising.

Take your time, its not like a huge line is forming. Which is a basic thing I am curious to see, if there really is much interest in this.

SOG DOG #2

I think SOG Dog numbers would be the easiest way to go because eventually if it goes there could be many hundreds or thousands of members and it would be near impossible to think of that many names.........

Sorry, if I wasn't clear or confused things. I was thinking names for ony a FEW special folks. At most, a half-dozen or so. Anything more and and we'd have to google a rhyming dictionary.
Mostly I was trying to avoid offending anyone we had not thought of yet.
and
of course, trying to protect my precious #2 :D

I think it's a great idea whoever thought of it
[ahem] LOL :D
..........maybe we can make something of this.
If nothing else, it will be interesting. I've quite curious to see what interest there is.

SOG DOG #2

I need the help of my SOG-DOG's to help me compile & clarify the member's list, I've tried but I keep botching it up :( I've got so much on my mind. Give me a hand please. :)

B2D (SOG-DOG 1)

Well, it depends.
Are you/we sticking with the "list of SOGs owned" as a reqirement?
(Except for Robbie of course)
or is just asking enough?

I'm fine with anything.

SOG DOG #2

Alann45, forgive me I am slow. :eek:

I do understand now and whatever you all decide is great with me and many others I am certain.

I know Chris is a VERY busy man but I hoped he could at least give us some insight or opinion on what this idea would need to get started and be given the go ahead with blessings from SOG if you know what I mean.

I am excited just to get to talk like we used to on here. It got kind of lonesome on here, many have come and gone since I joined.

We need something to light a fire.......by the way, I carry a SOG knife in or on every pair of pants I wear......including camo shorts I wear around the house. (auto clip) and have since 2002.:p

Never lose your passion for something you love.........if you really love it you won't.

Robbie Roberson.

I'm in no hurry :D I'm just excited! :D Um..well..it IS a club for SOG Fans & I suppose it
should be a requirement that applicants own at least one SOG Knife, Multi-tool, or other
SOG product. SOG! Robbie presented an interesting idea.. If we could get an official blessing from the company (& hopefully Mr.Spencer himself) that would be incredible. Don't worry, Alann45, no one will take ur #, we won't let em'. Yeah, we'll stick with the numerical system, to make things easier (titles would get confusing), however ranks should be easier to handle. One of us higher-ranking members will have to see about getting an official channel or forum (I'm extremely busy n' still very sick..couldn't eat much today, but it's a start :D)

(As far as requirements go--ONE SOG product will qualify, it does not have to be an expensive one).

I also plan to keep the SOG-DOG's family-friendly, & thus foul-language & such will not be
tolerated. :D (Notice, in my post about the yellow-jackets, I used the word doodie..when
I spoke of stepping in bear poop :D)

Yeah, I hope this gains alot of interest. I doubt we'd ever have a thousand members (Wow..), but I'm betting we'll get quite a few. We have already got..I think 5-10? That's
pretty good so far. I hope SOG DOG members will visit this thread daily (if they can). I will try to maintain a presence, but I'm gonna be quite busy. Everytime I come to this forum n' see a new post in this thread, I smile :D. I liked the SOG DOG's tag idea (i bet something could be made of that, something similar to a small neck-knife maybe).

I know all of you are busy too, & I thank all of you for posting & sharing, & all our members for joining us. Anyone whom would like to earn a title (rank) (everyone starts out as a pup & moves up to elite status), these ranks can be earned by helping with club tasks & maintenance, such as compiling the important information in the thread, referencing, bringing new members up to date, etc. I also need an official assistants--applicants please apply. I need two I think. :D Also, if anyone of you can draw or paint or sculpt or anything, it would be cool if someone could make us a symbol for the SOG-DOG's--maybe a tough-looking dog with a knife or something.

I hope we can change SOG's bad rep on these forums n' garner a new interest for them,
show people how great their products are. :D That'd be great.

Okay members--there are three official positions open:Keeper of Records & Drill-Sergeant
-- One will be in charge of keeping, referencing, & maintaining important SOG DOG info, as well as helping to maintain the thread, relations, etc :D --

Keeper of Records. Drill-Sergeant will be in charge of keeping track of members, ranks, new members, applicants, etc.

The third position (official) Loremaster--We need someone knowledgeable of steels, processes, & SOG's Products to help any new members (or anyone) in need of help in choosing a new knife or multitool or what not.

(Yes, my gf proposed to me--twice. Don't laugh at me, I think it's sweet that she'd want
me enough to propose to me. She's my cuddlebear :D) (I'll be moving in with her soon, I'm hoping in the new month! :D Don't worry, I'm sure she'll let me visit often. I can be
extremely sweet when I want to be :D)

Also, I do hope someday that we can have an official blessing from SOG Knives & Tools &
Mr.Spencer. SOG Designers, technicians, & employees are absolutely welcome here. I also hope more SOG well-knowns will come to us. All SOG fans are welcome here in the
SOG-DOG Pen :D. (Is that good? SOG-DOG Pen?) Pictures of SOG Products are also a welcome, as are stories, & videos. Ideas & suggestions are always welcome & encouraged. :D And a special thank you to Robbie (#14, right? :D) Also, I would like to ask members to sign their posts with their SOG DOG tags (SOG DOG # --) please :D ( I
do it, n' Alann45 is, & it only takes a minute :D)

Okay, I would like to say more, but I'm so drained I'm going to have to go lay down awhile. My wife-to-be should be calling soon too. (I always get butterflies in my belly
when I hear her special ring-tone :D) There is need to worry about me, I'll be fine. :D

LoL! Alann45...I'm gonna tell her u were laughin' at me :p LoL! Uh-oh..here she is..I'm teeeeellllllllliiiinnnnnnng! :D Hehehehe.. That's fun!

Alright SOG-DOG's everyone stay safe, play safe, live well & full. Take good care of your SOG Gear! I do mine.

B2D (SOG DOG 1)

Hi SOG-DOGs!

I almost forgot something. Alann45, if you want, I'd like to ask you to be my
right-hand so to speak for the SOG-DOG's. You've presented good ideas, &
Robbie suggests it. I'm gonna need help with this :D, I've got a good feeling the SOG DOG's will grow :D.

B2D

SOG-DOG 1

Hey Gents! Nice to see a bit more4 activity here. Hope this keeps up. A week ago Friday I used my Seal Revolver to help trim trees in my mom's yard. Got a Hunter Revolver coming hopefully by Friday. Got a SOG folder clipped to my pocket and use it every day. It's one of the China made Tacticals, can't remember it's name, but it sure does cut stuff well. Doesn't hold it's edge as long as my X-42 Autoclip, but it does okay but my uses.

I have been visiting here since the summer of 2000 and have over a dozen SOG knives. Hope that means I can join this little group. ;) Saw the thread when it was started but have been kind of busy recently with work and school. Learned that I need to take more breaks and enjoy my self or I'll go crazy!! LOL!. So I hope to be around a little more often. If you need help or have questions feel free to contact me. Info is in my signature. When I get the chance, I'll look over your ideas and give some input. You all play nice now.

(As far as requirements go--ONE SOG product will qualify, it does not have to be an expensive one).

Works for me.
Ain't like we're going to ask for proof.

This is what I have so far:

Does not include notables who may be given special names. (Except for Robbie who asked for his number).

Asked for or already have number:
bored2deth #1
Alann45 #2
hybridbanana
A.P.F. - Asked for #5
Subterfuge7 - Asked for #7
Robbie Roberson - #14
str8shtr
wildmanh
hybridbanana - Asked for #8
nutz_about_knives - Asked for #3

Made positive comments, but did not ask for number:

rramjet
New Pig Hunter
DrJackson

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

Last edited:
Hey Alann, before we start handing out numbers, let clear things with the bosses. Since it is their company and forum (generusly provided by Spark) they should have the say as to how things are handed out. Would hate for us to step on someones toes and have this die before it had a chance.

Personally I'd love to see pass arounds and sponsered events. Maybe the ocasional special run knife (special markings on a populare model would do) and most importantly a way to brag at trade shows and shindigs. LOL ;)

I'm here to learn, share knowledge and have a good time. So lets have fun!!

Maybe a sticky........GET your new SOG DOG club number........it's free, and the sooner you ask the lower your number.

The lower the number you have means you can brag that you have been a member since.........:D

I just hope we don't have to close it down in the morning when Chris reads about it.........:eek:

WildmanH is right, lets let Chris take a gander at this and see if we can continue on or not with blessings like I said.

Remember, keep it simple.

Members don't want to have to work a lot just to be in a club.

Start off with a club roster (SOG DOG #s) and go from there.

Chris should read this soon and he can let us know if it's go or not........we need SOGs support or it won't be as good as it can be IMO.

Robbie Roberson.

Hey Alann, before we start handing out numbers, let clear things with the bosses. Since it is their company and forum (generusly provided by Spark) they should have the say as to how things are handed out. Would hate for us to step on someones toes and have this die before it had a chance.

Personally I'd love to see pass arounds and sponsered events. Maybe the ocasional special run knife (special markings on a populare model would do) and most importantly a way to brag at trade shows and shindigs. LOL ;)

Thats certainly a fair point.
I've pretty much avoided getting specific about any ideas before seeing how the concept is received by users. If there is enough positive interest/energy to justify it.
My mind hasn't gotten past maybe cards, or dog tags (gotta luv that idea, but they will cost more).
Pass-arounds and sponsered events haven't even entered my little brain yet. I was figureing a t-shirt might be pushing it.
Plus the more complicated this gets, the more work it is for somebody.

Obviously to be successful, Chris's input would be needed, sought and, welcomed. But, as I noted earlier, I personally haven't felt it had reached a point to even bother him about it yet. This may go someplace, but it can just as easily die.
I'm also assuming, hopefully correctly, that Chris has read or will read this and input if he feels things are headed in an inappropriate direction. I know he posted earlier, but we've been busy lil beavers since then. :D

Keep in mind this got started by B2D asking WHY there wasn't something like it, and me gently nudging him into starting a movement. Since I sort of am to "blame" :D, I felt some responsbility to be helpful.
It also seems like a good idea.

If this starts being a problem or adds to Chris's workload, the idea gets a lot more serious.
If folks doing something to create positive interest in and discussion of SOG products steps on someone's toes....well, that will be infomative.

After 30+ years in state government, along with working in a smoke shop, part-time mananger and range master at a pistol range, and being President (meaning the guy doing the work;)) for a local IPSC club for a couple of years, I pretty much adopted the long held philosophy that
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission."
Which sometimes gets me in trouble, but also tends to get things done.

The lower the number you have means you can brag that you have been a member since.........:D

Thank you for validating my rather silly fixation for keeping #2 :D

I just hope we don't have to close it down in the morning when Chris reads about it.........:eek:
Certainly a possibility. And certainly his right to do it. He has to deal with many issues I/we are not aware of, and I'm not gonna argue with him if he feels its out of line.
BUT, it will break B2Ds heart!

Remember, keep it simple.

Members don't want to have to work a lot just to be in a club.
Absolutely agree. A lot of these ideas are great, but someone has to do the dang work to make them happen.

Hi SOG-DOGs!

I almost forgot something. Alann45, if you want, I'd like to ask you to be my
right-hand so to speak for the SOG-DOG's. You've presented good ideas, &
Robbie suggests it. I'm gonna need help with this :D, I've got a good feeling the SOG DOG's will grow :D.

B2D

SOG-DOG 1

I'll do what I can. As you should be able to see by now, I have no problem running my mouth, or keyboard I should say. :D

Yup...it would break my heart. :( If SOG tells me to disband SOG DOGs, I will
have NO choice but to do as they say. Nah, I don't want to put a workload on anybody, I opened those positions to make things a little easier. I could assign numbers n' all that, but I'm not good with forums. :D Plus I'm very, very sick right now. All anyone has 2 do 2 join is have a sog knife or multitool or whatever.
If members WANT 2 help they are welcome 2, I won't push anyone 2 do anything.

B2D

Sog Dog 1

(I'm going 2 bed now..my gf should be callin' soon n' I feel horrible..:( yucky-wuucky..sicky-wicky)

Works for me.
Ain't like we're going to ask for proof.

This is what I have so far:

Does not include notables who may be given special names. (Except for Robbie who asked for his number).

Asked for or already have number:
bored2deth #1
Alann45 #2
hybridbanana
A.P.F. - Asked for #5
Subterfuge7 - Asked for #7
Robbie Roberson - #14
str8shtr
wildmanh

Made positive comments, but did not ask for number:

rramjet
New Pig Hunter
DrJackson

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'll take number 8, please! :D

Ok, now I can get back to this one. I made the list for you, and then got distracted responding to other messages.
This aint much more than an idea yet, and its already becomeing work. :D

Yeah, we'll stick with the numerical system, to make things easier (titles would get confusing), however ranks should be easier to handle. One of us higher-ranking members will have to see about getting an official channel or forum (I'm extremely busy n' still very sick..couldn't eat much today, but it's a start :D)
Hope you get to feeling better.
Not sure how I feel about ranks...really I do, I don't much like them..but it "fits" with the SOG image so well, I'm not going to argue.
Someone calls me a pup...well, I wouldn't be sure if I should be insulted or complimented at my age. ;)

Oh, I did think of a good name for a notable person who is an expert on the fixed blades:

FIXED DOG

Not sure anyone will really want that one though.

Also, if anyone of you can draw or paint or sculpt or anything, it would be cool if someone could make us a symbol for the SOG-DOG's--maybe a tough-looking dog with a knife or something.
Personally, I think a Bassett Hound would be great!

My mind keeps thinking Bulldog, but a Rotty is probably more appropriate.

Keeper of Records...Drill-Sergeant....Loremaster
Wow. Only three? :D I can see you are an organization junkie.:D
You have now officially entered that "work" area we were talking about.
We will definitely need to find a member named George so he can do it.

(Yes, my gf proposed to me--twice. Don't laugh at me, I think it's sweet that she'd want me enough to propose to me.
I thinks its sweet too. But dang if I won't laugh! She had to propose twice??? What the heck did you say to the first one? Were you waiting to see if a cuter "cuddlebear" would show up?:D

I didn't actually propose to my ex. We were both living in apartments, and one day (after some car burglar guys got in a shootout with local LEOs in the parking lot and I woke up to the sound M-16 fire) I mentioned maybe we should think about buying a house and getting married....her feet hit the floor and I didn't see her for a week while she went house hunting. Probably should have been a clue how well things were going to work out.

SOG DOG #2

Back