How come there's no SOG club? The other brands have clubs..

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by bored2deth, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    Added to list, and welcome.

SOG DOG #2

2. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    bored2deth

You might want to enable email for your name here, would help anyone who wants to contact you outside the public forum...or mabe you don't :D

If it you want it:
    Click User CP
    Under Settings & Options, click Edit Options
    In the second box at right "Messaging & Notifcations", you will see the check boxes for receiving mail.

3. nutz_about_knives

nutz_about_knives

Aug 21, 2005
    I'm quite surprised bored2death mentioned that there's no SOG club.

I've contributed some photos and information to the SOG collectors club, as had some other forum members. Seems like the interest in it did die down, but I'm sure it's still running.

Back to the main topic, yep I think the idea is quite awesome! Though it may seem a rip-off of what Busse is doing, but what's new with SOG after the 2010 catalog? :D

Carl (New Pig Hunter) did post some awesome pictures of his Seki Japan SOGs, and I especially love the picture of the "line-up", which had all his SOGs on the table!

I would like #3 if that's possible! :cool:

Chris will there be collectible stuff for sale from SOG? I would like a nice keychain of a recon bowie or a SOG Bowie hanging from my keychain! :thumbup: Would be a little shy to wear "I love SOGs" with a big SOG knife in the middle (damn the sheeple) but something small and nice to keep would be great!

Or even downsized SOG knives for display would be nice. I could fit 12 of those in a photoframe! ;)

4. A.P.F.

A.P.F.

Mar 3, 2006
    Thanks B2D and Alann for organizing SOG Dogs. I think that such a club is exactly what is needed to help promote SOG knives and to show just how many loyal supporters there are.

It is curious that there are a number of 'senior' members here. I am a lot closer to 60 than I am to 50, so perhaps we old timers recognize good knives when we see 'em. ;)

5. mattallamerican

mattallamerican

Jan 27, 2011
    gunny would promote shit sandwiches if you payed him

6. bored2deth

bored2deth

Feb 27, 2011
    Darn it..lost my post..blah. Oh well. I'm not typing all that out again. :p Alann45, I'll be sending you my email, & 2 robbie roberson 2. If SOG or Chris or Mr.Spencer needs it, you both have permission 2 give it to them. I hope SOG doesn't tell me 2 disband SOG DOGs..
    I really like it..but if SOG tells me 2 disband SOG DOGs i'll have 2 do that.

(Alann45, yes I made her propose twice. First time, I grinned n' said I don't know, I told her 2 ask me again--I did it because I thought it was so sweet & adorable, n' then I said
    yes. Yes, she's my cuddlebear n' she loves me n' spoils me n' cuddles me n' wrestles me down n' tickles me silly. :) She said 2 tell u 2 stop laughing at me.. U hurt my feelings :(
    LoL!)

(I'm not as old as you all think--I'm no senior, but I'm no spring-chicken..hehehe..:p)

Oh, um..there's been a change of plans--she'll likely be coming 2 get me next week or the week after that..uh oh..good thing she's got a internet connection n' will let me keep my compooter--mostly bc mine's way better.

Also, thank you all for your interest in & support for the club. Thank you all for the help so far. (I'd do more, but I'm sick..I'm trying tho :D) Your time & effort is appreciated.

SOG names, brands, company, etc all belong soley 2 SOG company. SOG DOGs is a unofficial club, pending the approval of SOG, & was started to show support & customer loyalty to a great company which makes great products.

B2D
    SOG DOG 1

7. bored2deth

bored2deth

Feb 27, 2011
    Also, in the event, & this is provided that SOG DOES approve SOG DOGs, in the event that my gf & wife-2-be does NOT allow me to continue to be a part of SOG DOGs, & provided SOG DOES allow SOG DOGs 2 become official & does NOT take my place of #1 from me, then--provided that my gf/wife-2-be does NOT let me continue 2 be a part of SOG DOGs--I will leave my # to Alann45. I'm posting this now, just in case she comes 4
    me sooner than I think--she is full of surprises. I'm going 2 be honest--it's a 30/70 chance--70%...that she won't let me..n' I have 2 do what she says, bc..I'm having 2 leave all my friends n' family behind n' she will be all I have, so I have no choice. IF it does come to that, I'm sorry but I have no choice..I don't want 2 get a whoopin', n' she is EXTREMELY possessive of me (won't let me talk 2 ne one else much n' stuff) It's not that I don't want to continue 2 be a part & head-up SOG DOGs, it's that with me, her word is law--if she tells me I have 2 leave SOG DOGs, I have no choice. I'm sure, that if I have 2 leave, SOG DOGs will be in good hands :D. Alann45 did nudge me into SOG DOGs
    afterall.

B2D
    SOG DOG 1

8. bored2deth

bored2deth

Feb 27, 2011
    Hey! Language people! :D I saw that! Get em' Alann45! LOL! U better hope Gunny doesn't read this thread.. Now I'll have 2 open a position for Enforcer 2 have someone enforce the rules..:D...Yes, I am very organized..sort of. No poop sandwiches plz.

B2D
    SOG DOG 1

9. bored2deth

bored2deth

Feb 27, 2011
    Darn it! Alann45, how can I give u my email without having 2 post it where just anyone can see? :D

B2D
    SOG DOG 1

10. Robbie Roberson

Robbie Roberson

Dec 27, 2003
    Open another email account at Gmail.com to use just for this stuff.

But you might want to talk to your GF before you do anything more concerning any club................especially if you figure there is a 70% chance she will say no......did I understand that correctly ?

If you really think she won't, you should probably not go any further with this and let Alann45 take over.

Let us know........or it problaby won't matter if Chris shuts it down. ;)

If Chris says ok try it, then we will need someone who can devote quite a bit to it for a while at least.

Robbie Roberson. ;)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  11. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    I was not aware of that, which I guess indicates the interest must have died down.
    That could change things a bit. Don't want to offend or step on any toes if that still exists. Dunno. Maybe we can help awaken it.

I was thinking it was more a rip-off of the RAT Pack. :D

Request added to list.

12. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    That is interesting. I'd be thrilled to see 50 again. Heck, I'd be thrilled to see 60 again! ;)

13. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    Pretty easy. Email is enabled on my account. Just click my name and send email.

14. New Pig Hunter

New Pig Hunter

Dec 4, 2002
    a couple of "lazy retired guy" comments and observations .... I too am way closer to 60 than 50, and I won't claim the "old" epithet for quite a few more years.

1) instead of a separate SOG Dog forum, keep all posts here in this Forum ..... that way everyone sees everything, especially visitors.

2) to liven up this Forum, SOG Dogs commit to at least 1 new SOG post per week. And keep it positive, since I envision SOG Dog's as pro-SOG at all times. And pictures are important, they really up the interest factor.
    --- think "facebook" sort of posts: just something quick and simple.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. oh, a requested number: perhaps 74 .... I'm thinking 07/04 as the month/day representing my birthday.

15. bored2deth

bored2deth

Feb 27, 2011
    Everyone,

I will be leaving in 1-2 weeks, I will find out if I can stay on here as SOG DOG # 1, & until then I will remain here as # 1, as I said, I will find out the first day, when she comes 2 get me, if I can stay--if I cannot, then I will turn it over 2 Alann.

B2D
    SOG DOG 1

16. Alann45

Alann45

Jul 4, 2009
    That could be a problem.
    While I find it somewhat flattering, I'm not inclined to take on the primary leadership role. I'm much more comfortable in a secondary position, being as helpful as I can.
    Hopefully, you can keep doing this. You seem to have the correct level of energy and enthusiasm, even being sick at the moment, that it requries.

You and Robbie, and others, have proposed some great ideas and seem to be good at setting a direction. My primary skills are getting stuff done and facilitating communications to keep things moving along those directions.

Hopefully, we can keep things moving in a positive way.

17. bored2deth

bored2deth

Feb 27, 2011
    SHE SAID I CAN STAY! :) I don't have 2 leave SOG DOGS! :) You all were worried :) That's sweet. Oh, gotta message from Chris...gotta call him.....

B2D

SOG DOG 1

18. bored2deth

bored2deth

Feb 27, 2011
    ..........................................................................................................................*Creating tension*............................................*Creating more tension*..............
    Dun-dun-dun!....Dun-dun-dun!......Chris & I spoke over the phone, he likes the idea, &
    has decided to run with it. We are going to work together & see what we can do. :) & Yes, I remain SOG DOG 1 :) He was very nice about it all & we had a good talk about it.

Yep! :D I do have lot'sa en-r-gy! I am hyper! Hehehe.. No worries, I'll be here with SOG DOGs. She said I can stay, she says it'll be good for me--keep me outta trouble while she's at work. (Keep me from gettin' a whoopin'...:D..or two..) Yep I'm still sick..but it's hard 4 people 2 tell bc I have so much energy & spunk. Yeah guys, I'll still be with you guys, I'm not going anywhere. There was hinting about a SOG DOG's Website! I can't promise anything, though.. :) What do you al think about this? (OH..sorry if I scared u guys earlier, but I DID have to promise her special-favors..:p, but I get 2 stay..I just have 2 work for it..LoL!)

B2D

SOG DOG 1

19. Chris@SOG

[email protected] Moderator Moderator

Oct 21, 2003
    We just talked and you have my blessing. I am going to see about setting something up on the SOG site where we can make it official.

20. bored2deth

bored2deth

Feb 27, 2011
    Thank you :D

B2D

SOG DOG 1