How do you carry your CPK(s)??

I know, I know. I'm resurrecting a dead discussion, but I thought it would be better than starting a new thread or derailing an existing one with my questions.

I legally carry my firearm concealed everyday, so I'm familiar with the concepts. However, I'm new to carrying smaller fixed blades.

For these questions, let's assume a DEK1 or DEK3 is the knife being carried. If you carry a larger knife (FK1, FK2, UF, etc.) just specify which it is.

1. If you're carrying IWB on the side (9 o'clock-ish, 10 o'clock-ish) how are you keeping it from limiting your lateral/side-to-side bending? Just adjusting the cant?

2. If using a retention clip for any carry method, which do you prefer and why? I'm mainly looking at DCC, Ulti-clip, and Mummert. If there's another one that you feel has a benefit over these please let me know.

3. I work in a finance office....long story short, very pc and becoming more woke by the minute. I'm required to wear collared shirts. Typically they are tucked in, which means pocket carry is the only option for in the office.
I can't wear cargo pants or blue denim jeans. Do you have a preferred brand of pants? Why do you like them?
What is your preferred pocket carry method? Ulti-clip? DCC? Mummert? Is there one I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any info or opinions!

I don't currently carry any fixed blades IWB, but I'm curious about your CCW method, how do you carry while having to wear a collared shirt, slacks etc? I wear scrubs and ankle carry has been my best bet lately.

I don't currently carry any fixed blades IWB, but I'm curious about your CCW method, how do you carry while having to wear a collared shirt, slacks etc? I wear scrubs and ankle carry has been my best bet lately.
Currently I'm only carrying a pocket knife. I can get away with it even if it's seen because I use it to prep my lunches.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way for me to carry a fixed blade. More than likely, I won't be carrying a fixed at work. Doesn't seem like I can conceal it well enough.

i-22JWfCP-X3.jpg

i-bWkMXqf-X3.jpg

I know, I know. I'm resurrecting a dead discussion, but I thought it would be better than starting a new thread or derailing an existing one with my questions.

I legally carry my firearm concealed everyday, so I'm familiar with the concepts. However, I'm new to carrying smaller fixed blades.

For these questions, let's assume a DEK1 or DEK3 is the knife being carried. If you carry a larger knife (FK1, FK2, UF, etc.) just specify which it is.

1. If you're carrying IWB on the side (9 o'clock-ish, 10 o'clock-ish) how are you keeping it from limiting your lateral/side-to-side bending? Just adjusting the cant?

2. If using a retention clip for any carry method, which do you prefer and why? I'm mainly looking at DCC, Ulti-clip, and Mummert. If there's another one that you feel has a benefit over these please let me know.

3. I work in a finance office....long story short, very pc and becoming more woke by the minute. I'm required to wear collared shirts. Typically they are tucked in, which means pocket carry is the only option for in the office.
I can't wear cargo pants or blue denim jeans. Do you have a preferred brand of pants? Why do you like them?
What is your preferred pocket carry method? Ulti-clip? DCC? Mummert? Is there one I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any info or opinions!
1. Yes.

2. I've used all 3 and currently gravitate towards DCC clips (mine are actually a cheaper version sold by a knifemaker supply shop, but functionally the same), but it honestly depends on which sheath and which belt it'll be attached to. My DEK1 sheath works best with a Mummert clip that has enough wiggle room to cant the knife whichever way is most comfortable. The DCC clips are great, and frankly easier to use, with a slim profile but sometimes they are a little tight on my wider belts and basically only permit a vertical orientation. Get one of each and try them out.

3. You're kinda S.O.L. on carrying a fixed blade in your office unless you go for super discreet concealment, which probably precludes comfortably carrying any DEK. I typically wear boots and sometimes choose to carry a boot knife. In this case, Ulti-clips are perfect because they latch extra tightly and fit most kydex sheaths.

xYi5HpC.jpeg
7LuJAea.jpeg

4. I don't typically pocket carry fixed blades and doubt that any of the above described options would be discreet enough for your environment. I would just stick to a folder, but your preferences are what matter here.

Currently I'm only carrying a pocket knife. I can get away with it even if it's seen because I use it to prep my lunches.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way for me to carry a fixed blade. More than likely, I won't be carrying a fixed at work. Doesn't seem like I can conceal it well enough.
Sorry I was more referring to how you carry the pistol in business casual clothing

Haven’t had my DEK 1 for long but find this position fairly comfortable. It fits at the corner of my seat while driving and don’t notice it much. Definitely very careful putting it back into the sheath lol.

Pictures deleted

Last edited:
Back