How do you guys feel about China copies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xperiaarcs

Banned
I want to get a nicer looking knife but i cant afford any of those expensive knife makers.

I have seen copy knives of sebenzas striders emersons and everything else from china for like 40-50$.

They use decent materials like D2 steel and titanium, arent a name brand and take about 3 weeks to get here.

Do you guys think its okay or terrible?

Only asking because i want something with those looks but i just got my hours cut at work and wont be able to justify 400$ for a real strider or CRK.

Couple things (from experience):
1) "D2" (The Titanium claim is real; the blade steel...eh...)
2) Don't even think about a return process or warranty. Just hope that it doesn't have any defects on arrival.
3) You will still crave the real one. Saying that you own a Sebenza/Strider/whatever when you actually have a fake one will just feel wrong.
4) You will hesitate less (if at all) about using & abusing it. That's about the only good thing.

Most of them just say they are 8cr13mov but some fo the more expensive 1s say better materials. most of them are like a CRK knife.. with stainless handles and 8cr13

Couple things (from experience):
1) "D2" (The Titanium claim is real; the blade steel...eh...)
2) Don't even think about a return process or warranty. Just hope that it doesn't have any defects on arrival.
3) You will still crave the real one. Saying that you own a Sebenza/Strider/whatever when you actually have a fake one will just feel wrong.
4) You will hesitate less (if at all) about using & abusing it. That's about the only good thing.
i dont really have a craving for a real 1 because of the price tag, i just like how some of them look.

Most of them just say they are 8cr13mov but some fo the more expensive 1s say better materials. most of them are like a CRK knife.. with stainless handles and 8cr13
Might as well get a SanRenMu 710. A lot cheaper too.

Might as well get a SanRenMu 710. A lot cheaper too.

i see some of their knives look good, i was always curious of their quality, i have a bee el 02 and its quality wasnt so wonderful, developed a ton of play.

Why do you want to support by purchasing the copying of Reeve, Strider, Hinderer's hard work and years of commitment? I whole heartedly think that owning a "replica" is wrong, if you can not afford the real thing that is fine but there are plenty of knives for the price the "replicas" are selling for that are just as good looking (the reason you state you want to purchase a replica) that will provide as much satisfaction. Look at Kershaws or a used blade. Just my opinion

Why do you want to support by purchasing the copying of Reeve, Strider, Hinderer's hard work and years of commitment? I whole heartedly think that owning a "replica" is wrong, if you can not afford the real thing that is fine but there are plenty of knives for the price the "replicas" are selling for that are just as good looking (the reason you state you want to purchase a replica) that will provide as much satisfaction. Look at Kershaws or a used blade. Just my opinion

i feel like it isnt right but i dont see why crk and strider dont offer some more budget friendly knives, im not saying a 50$ line but something a bit cheaper then their original prices. I know it wont happen but i think itd do well if it did happen.
Could be wrong though.

If you can live with knowing that you have a fake, then go for it. A few years back this guy I knew was selling these "replica" LV wallets and handbags on ebay. He owed me some money so he gave me one of the replica wallets for free. It even came with the exact box and authenticity card like the real thing.

My friend has an authentic one and side by side you can't tell the difference. I used it for about a month and stopped using it. I was actually ashamed to take out my wallet. The fake one was literally identical to the $500 real version, nobody would have known but me. However it just made me feel like crap carrying it.

Your China copy knife can be a perfect replica of the real thing, but one of the best things about carrying a nice knife like a Strider, CRK, Hinderer is knowing you have the real deal and be proud to own one. That sense of pride and giddyness won't be there with the fake, I can gaurandamntee you ;)

By purchasing this junk, you are rewarding the Chinese companies that steal intellectual property, then shamelessly misrepresent it as their own, or sell it as a knockoff. Such theft costs legitimate business enterprises billions in lost sales every year, and can only be stopped if sensible consumers refuse to buy their junk.

By purchasing this junk, you are rewarding the Chinese companies that steal intellectual property, then shamelessly misrepresent it as their own, or sell it as a knockoff. Such theft costs legitimate business enterprises billions in lost sales every year, and can only be stopped if sensible consumers refuse to buy their junk.

Honestly im not worried about businesses losing money when they couldn't care less about our money.

im mixed about how itll personally make me feel because id be the only one knowing that everyone will think my 40$ knife was 400

Buy China copies.
Support thieves.
Simple.

Doug
i dont wanna support stealing but i dont wanna support the big buisness either, maybe i need a single person that makes private custom knives.. probably really expensive though.

The more we support these rip off's, the more we are doing to undermine years of hard work by true craftsmen and the development of new products. I think we also need to reflect on the about the conditions these things are constructed under; low wages, poor working conditions, environmentally damaging, etc.

To me price isn't everything; we need to support our craftsmen and companies; take a look at BUCK, Kershaw among others, who produce original, good quality products.

Take a look at Kershaw or Benchmade (just 2 off the top of my head). Both companies have production copies (or near copies) of popular designs by reputable makers, and they have made these copies with permission or have collaborated with makers to produce good models at decent prices. These models tend to run at half the price of the makers' versions or less and are very decent folders made with quality materials.

Please don't support counterfeiters!

Don't buy a copy. They are rip-offs from other people's designs, and a form of intellectual theft. Claiming you can't afford the original is no reason to buy a rip-off. Get an authentic Kershaw or Buck or Byrd instead. Very good knives for very little money, you'll be supporting American companies (even if the knives themselves are still made in China), you'll get a good or even lifetime warranty, equal or better workmanship and they'll be original designs. What more can you reasonably ask for at a $30 pricelevel?

Damn, you guys feel real strong about this, gotten way more feed back in such a short amount of time then id ever expect

i dont wanna support stealing but i dont wanna support the big buisness either

its not a matter of "supporting big business", its a matter of going to the source if you want the real deal, or buying junk and supporting THIEVES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back