How do you guys feel about China copies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im tempted because i tend to start saving for something, get almost all the money, and see how much i had to go through to get it and start feeling like what i wanted to get isnt worth the money, even if its not a whole ton of money.

I did it saving for an emerson, got like 250$ saved sat there and looked at it.. and decided to go out with my gf (spent like 100) then went out a few more times since then im sure its totaled 250 by now, we usually go out and spend like 20 but it felt good to go out and just be able to do anything we wanted order the expensive stuff on the menu and all that.

So you feel that it was worth it to blow $250 from going out and then getting nothing out of it other than "a couple days of fun"? Yet, you don't feel that it would be worth it to buy a knife where after using it for a year or two you can probably still sell it for $100 or more?

Your logic is all screwed up man. Kinda like how you don't want to give your money to "big businesses" in the U.S. yet you want to give it to thieves in China. I take it you're probably a really young guy. You have much to learn little grasshopper.

I just bought a few Sanrenmu/Enlan/Ganzo knives to try them out. Probably spent 50$-ish total for four knives if I recall correctly.

One of them is a blatant copy of the Benchmade 14205, and I really could care less, especially since the originals aren't available any more. Besides, the last two Benchmade products I bought cost 180$-ish dollars each and were both non-functional pieces of animal refuse - I think it'll be fun to see how well a 15$ chinese knockoff will perform. :p

Three of the four use a chinese knockoff of Benchmade's axis lock mechanism - given my negative experiences with the genuine article, I'm mostly curious to see if Enlan or Ganzo can do any better than the original. :D :thumbup: If and when they do break or need finagling, I won't have to worry about voiding the warranty by taking them apart and fiddling around with guitar string-omega springs, it will literally be cheaper to buy new ones than it would have been to send them back to the manufacturer for repairs.

My disdain for Chinese knives generally derives from them all using the same 8cr13Mov steel, which I don't generally enjoy...on the issue of copyright infringement, I'm quite torn. On one hand I'd love to be able to spend ludicrous wads of cash on all kinds of nice things: Chris Reeve knives, Gibson Guitars, Rolex Watches...On the other hand, I'd have to be off my nut to spend thousands of dollars on a Gibson Les Paul when I can just get a 400$ Korean Agile-brand knockoff and muck around with the electronics and get a sound that suits my purposes just fine and a feel that I like a lot better than a stock Les Paul. I could buy several thousands of dollars worth of Rolex, or I could just buy a $150 Seiko that will tell the time just as well.

So you feel that it was worth it to blow $250 from going out and then getting nothing out of it other than "a couple days of fun"? Yet, you don't feel that it would be worth it to buy a knife where after using it for a year or two you can probably still sell it for $100 or more?

Your logic is all screwed up man. Kinda like how you don't want to give your money to "big businesses" in the U.S. yet you want to give it to thieves in China. I take it you're probably a really young guy. You have much to learn little grasshopper.
I am fairly young thats true, but i made my gf happy (and no money isnt something that is important if i couldnt get anything but the dollar menu shed still be happy) but shed have been mad if i spent it on a knife.

Idk, it isnt that im messed up, its just that im stuck in a mental struggle that i cant seem to find a soultion too.
I was raised in a house that was dirt poor and my dad always bought classic car parts and all this stuff that in turn is worth alot more then what he paid, but its just that sight of seeing that he took money that should have been put towards bills, food, health insurance (witch i didnt get to have witch i should have) cloths and every day essitenals he bought that stuff that he justified with "itll be worth more later watch".

I guess its more or less my problem is myself, and my fear is doing what my father did without realizing it. If that makes sense, if not then im sorry.

if anything though this conversation has made me decide not to buy a knock off.

Owning a nice knife made of top materials and manufactured with pride and originality gives you a feeling of pride In ownership. Having my Sebenza at my side gives me a great feeling. If it was a fake I'm sure I wouldn't have that same feeling. It's hard to explain....

No, it's not at all hard to explain once you've experienced it. That's the problem. These kids never have. They don't know the difference.

No, it's not at all hard to explain once you've experienced it. That's the problem. These kids never have. They don't know the difference.

Maybe ill try hinting at my parents about it, my mom might buy me something in the 100$ range bday is i 2 weeks

i dont wanna support stealing but i dont wanna support the big buisness either, maybe i need a single person that makes private custom knives.. probably really expensive though.

A lot of these "big companies" aren't really that big.... Most of them don't have more than a 30 people working at them.

Maybe ill try hinting at my parents about it, my mom might buy me something in the 100$ range bday is i 2 weeks

$100 is really pretty much "entry level," but you can get a damned good knife for that if you're smart. And it will blow the pants off this Chinese counterfeit crap. I'll guarantee it.

$100 is really pretty much "entry level," but you can get a damned good knife for that if you're smart. And it will blow the pants off this Chinese counterfeit crap. I'll guarantee it.

iv been staring at pics of the benchmade 530 for months, was thinking of that

Owning a nice knife made of top materials and manufactured with pride and originality gives you a feeling of pride In ownership. Having my Sebenza at my side gives me a great feeling. If it was a fake I'm sure I wouldn't have that same feeling. It's hard to explain....

I understand that feeling pretty well. I knew a guy one time who loved to buy expensive knives. He loved the feeling of having his super-expensive, top-end, state-of-the-art knives in his pocket, babying them, and showing them off at every chance. He had his 190$ Sog Flash, his 260$ Kershaw Spec Bump, and his 300$ Zero Tolerance 0400ST. He was so proud to own such expensive and high-end knives. :eek: :rolleyes:

Of course, anyone with two clues could have bought the same knives at a fraction of the price he paid for them, but he wouldn't hear of it. If he had paid any less for them, he wouldn't have been able to experience that glorious pride of ownership. :rolleyes:

1 thing i can say is, no matter what i order im not going to baby it, im going to use the hell out of it.

Use not abuse, but ill use it for sure, gota get your money back out of it.

I understand that feeling pretty well. I knew a guy one time who loved to buy expensive knives. He loved the feeling of having his super-expensive, top-end, state-of-the-art knives in his pocket, babying them, and showing them off at every chance. He had his 190$ Sog Flash, his 260$ Kershaw Spec Bump, and his 300$ Zero Tolerance 0400ST. He was so proud to own such expensive and high-end knives. :eek: :rolleyes:

Of course, anyone with two clues could have bought the same knives at a fraction of the price he paid for them, but he wouldn't hear of it. If he had paid any less for them, he wouldn't have been able to experience that glorious pride of ownership. :rolleyes:

Hmm. You're living on a different planet from the one I'm on if you consider those knives to be "expensive and high-end."

I call knives like that "users."

On the other hand, I'd have to be off my nut to spend thousands of dollars on a Gibson Les Paul when I can just get a 400$ Korean Agile-brand knockoff and muck around with the electronics and get a sound that suits my purposes just fine and a feel that I like a lot better than a stock Les Paul. I could buy several thousands of dollars worth of Rolex, or I could just buy a $150 Seiko that will tell the time just as well.

Seiko is a real watch company, and you can get a real Gibson Les Paul brand new for $800.

Yeah. It'll be the stripped-down "studio" version, but it's still a great guitar. I'd buy one if I didn't already have a little bit nicer one.

1 thing i can say is, no matter what i order im not going to baby it, im going to use the hell out of it.

Use not abuse, but ill use it for sure, gota get your money back out of it.

It's also true that there may be knife brand choices more suited to your purposes out there.
I would be sure to look around.
The ZT line are really tough users.

If you like Strider, you might take a look at a Buck Strider, Made in the US, great Buck warranty and it was a collab with Strider, I think they're discontinued, but I usually see them for half the price of the Regular Striders or less. Paul Bos Heat treat too, just like the regular Striders
bu889od.jpg

I'd say only buy American, but then again, I have to wonder about those thin beautiful Chinese women who know all about knives from making them. lol, never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back