How do you know you live there?

Gollnick said:
My next question is, how do you know you live there?

I know I'm in East Tennessee because people don ORANGE in the fall just like the trees.

hso said:
I know I'm in East Tennessee because people don ORANGE in the fall just like the trees.

Got news for you. So do people in West Tennessee.

You know that you live in metro boston when people shovel out parking spaces and "save" them during the day with beach chairs.
I know of no other place where they do that.

I know I live in Wingdale, because last July they had "Wingfest" in Boyce Park. Wingfest, it's like a K-Mart Ozzfest. You know it's serious when the homemade stage is decorated with... wooooo... a plastic gravestone.

Myself, my 8 year old daughter and her friend were the only ones there that were not either in one of the bands, or a friend of somebody in one of the bands. I hope they don't give up though, I'll be going again this year. :thumbup: :)

flipe8 said:
I know I live in Saint John, New Brunswick, because it's regularly confused with St. John's, Newfoundland or somewhere in New Jersey by pretty much everyone else who isn't from my home-town. It's also the home of the best beer, Moosehead!
Yes, but you all have the only reversing waterfall of which I have ever heard.:)

I know I live in missouri cause Jason Bourne was born here.:p

The only president to drop the bomb in war-time was born here as well.

*when you go out and shovel snow an hour into the storm because you know that in another hour it'll be getting heavy.
*when the grass is either brown from not surviving the spring melt or from the month of +40c.
*when the major export is "young graduates"
*when you get 3 feet in 4hrs and no-one slows down
*when you can tell a city dweller from a small town dweller by how they tell time, distance, price(city: 100km, town: 'bout an hour... city: "that took you 1hr 30min, and thats all you get paid for", town: "couple hours work"... $16.28, from a $20: city: 3.62 back, town: 4 back.)

I know I'm from the Eastern Shore of Va because the villagers wake me up with their pitchforks and torches every night...

I know I live in NYC because nobody in my neighborhood speaks English!

Silenthunder said:
I know that I live in Houston, because of all the Katrina refugees trying to take my stuff.

Amen brother. FEMA is about to cut them off soon and maybe us locals can rent apartments again.

I don't have a clue where I live. I wasn't here a few days ago, and won't be here next week. The paintings on the walls change now and then, and I don't have to buy soap or shampoo. My maids make more than I do, and I can throw my towels on the floor, but I can't remember if I can order grits for breakfast or if iced tea is suppossed to come with sugar.

Bumppo said:
... or if iced tea is suppossed to come with sugar.

Never order sweetened tea. Never. In Tennessee, they can somehow get about a pound of sugar to go into solution in one glass of tea. Order your tea unsweetened and then add sugar yourself.

Of course, you know you're in Nashville when you sit down for lunch and the first thing the waitress asks is, "Sweetened or unsweetened?" Whether or not you'll have tea is a given, you will. The question is just whether you want them to use their special process to dissolve a pound of sugar into your glass or would prefer to regulate it yourself.

Gollnick said:
Never order sweetened tea. Never. In Tennessee, they can somehow get about a pound of sugar to go into solution in one glass of tea. Order your tea unsweetened and then add sugar yourself.

Of course, you know you're in Nashville when you sit down for lunch and the first thing the waitress asks is, "Sweetened or unsweetened?" Whether or not you'll have tea is a given, you will. The question is just whether you want them to use their special process to dissolve a pound of sugar into your glass or would prefer to regulate it yourself.

Only a pound? That ain't sweet tea...............

I know where I live because of all the knives I see everyday :) and I mean on the people not in the store :p

Gollnick said:
Never order sweetened tea. Never. In Tennessee, they can somehow get about a pound of sugar to go into solution in one glass of tea.
Chuck, that makes me laugh! :D

When I used to pick up my coffee on the way in to work, I'd tell them, "Milk, NO SUGAR." They'd toss two heaping spoons of sugar into the coffee, add milk, and hand it to me, smiling.

"I said, NO SUGAR!"

"Oh, yes. Just two scoops, no sugar."

":confused: "

Gollnick said:

The question they ask will most likely sound like this "Y'all want swaittay?" Take chuck's advice and answer "No, thank you".

There are only a few places where you can live with the sounds of combat day in and day out. I hear a steady barrage of small arms and light artillery fire nearly every day. Sometimes, I'm treated to F/A-18's or even A-10's providing close air support to the troops on the ground. You can tell the A-10's by the distinctive sound of the gatling guns buzzing overhead. Sometimes, they are close enough to see the pilot's helmets inside the cockpits. On occasion we get some heavy bombing.

I live about a good drive and a 5-iron from the USMC Combat Development Command at Quantico VA.

I live in Lansing Michigan because when typing this post two flannel wearing goons showed up reeking of beer and cheap cigars and said..

" I understand that your posting on the internet without the help of bonified UAW labor...say it aint so..."

You know you live in Louisville KY because the Kentucky derby is an actual holiday

1. a studio apartment in a cruddy part of town will run you a good $800. A nice 2 or 3 bedroom townhouse in a good city will be closer to $2000/mo.

2. where the 405 meets the 5 is 26 lanes across.

3. there are so mant plastic blonds that a brown-haried girl with some meat on her bones looks exotic.

4. Latinos are not a minority. In LA county they're the majority.

5. the Governator

6. valet parking at the mall

7. nobody knows how to drive

You know you're living in St. Louis when:

The first thing anyone asks you on meeting is "Where did you go to high school?"
You know where to get the best toasted ravioli.
Major streets change names several times along the route.
That's if the street signs are there at all.
August Busch is God.

I know I live in Connecticut because there's more traffic than the roads can handle, the roads are always being worked on, and road crews only work during peak traffic times. There's some question about the safety of our bridges too:rolleyes:

Back