• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad How I got $700 stolen from me (CaptainFuzzy / TacticalEdge8541)

This is the terrible story of how some ass hat stole $700 from me

I don’t have a lot of money those knives made up 3/4 of my collection and it took me a long time to get those knives Any way now to the story

link to the emails between me and captainFuzzy
https://imgur.com/gallery/ExnAJ

On the forums I made a trade to (captainfuzzy) my microtech combat troodon and my barkriver bravo 1 and a mora HD for his hinderer xm-24

he has good feedback and at least three members I trust said good things about him and at least one of those members I’ve done business with so I trust the guy

He emails me and tells me that he has a xm-24 for trade for my combat troodon but he would also need $200 so I tell him I can’t but I’d throw in a bravo 1 so I also tell him that I’m going to take down the post for the troodon and my offer stands for the xm-24 so a few days later he Asks me for pics of the bravo 1, so I asked him I thought you traded the xm24, he replied the deal for the xm-24 fell through and the guy ended up taking a xm-18 off his hands

So I tell him about the knives and I say I’ll also throw in a mora he says that sealed the deal and we traded shipping info the next day comes around I ship my stuff he provides an excuse for why he didn’t he says he’ll ship it the next day so the next day rolls around he provides another excuse why he didn’t ship it says he will ship it Monday morning so I email him Monday and no response Tuesday no response then Wednesday morning I look in the trade forums and what do you know the xm-24 is up for trade

I contacted the current owner of the xm-24 and he said he traded captainfuzzy a Medford for the xm24 so what do you know I’m now out $700

So if anyone wants to sell me a xm-24 for like $50 that would be great

(Post #108 has a list of the things stolen and who they were stolen from)

Last edited:
Check your tracking...maybe he didn't accept receipt of your knives, and they're on their way back to you already.
(to say that he shouldn't have traded the knife after agreeing upon a deal, seems unnecessary)

I don't know him, but have sent him a link to this thread. Let's see if he responds.

I mean USPS ships from his town just like yours does right? Sounds like miscommunication and maybe you shipped before the deal was really done? If so, I would expect him to ask for the funds to return ship your knives. If the deal was truly done and he traded it away from under you, then I would expect him to return ship on his dime or be labeled a crook.

I mean USPS ships from his town just like yours does right? Sounds like miscommunication and maybe you shipped before the deal was really done? If so, I would expect him to ask for the funds to return ship your knives. If the deal was truly done and he traded it away from under you, then I would expect him to return ship on his dime or be labeled a crook.
If you read the email exchange, it is pretty clear that a deal was made...and the other party even said he was going to add a custom pocket clip due to the initial shipping delay.

However, it could be relevant that according to his profile
CaptainFuzzy was last seen:
Sunday at 8:29 PM

The xm-24 I was trading for was gone before I ever got offered it and its actually for trade right now in the trading area. I

I checked the tracking it says my stuff was left with the individual and nothing is headed my way

That's pretty bad, and also surprising. I actually sold CaptainFuzzy a Protech Strider about a month ago and it all went well. I should note a few things:
1) She (yes, CaptainFuzzy is a she) paid very promptly and there were no issues with the sale.
2) She lives in a very remote area (ND), USPS took 5 days to deliver from me in TX, including 3 just after it got to ND...maybe your shipping issue is related to that?
3) About 3 days after the sale, she listed the knife on the exchange. Obviously, it was hers by then and thus her right to do so but it just kind of rubbed me (and many others on here) the wrong way.

Not taking sides here, and I agree that this needs more investigation, but I thought it would be helpful to share my experiences with one of the individuals involved.

That's pretty bad, and also surprising. I actually sold CaptainFuzzy a Protech Strider about a month ago and it all went well. I should note a few things:
1) She (yes, CaptainFuzzy is a she) paid very promptly and there were no issues with the sale.
2) She lives in a very remote area (ND), USPS took 5 days to deliver from me in TX, including 3 just after it got to ND...maybe your shipping issue is related to that?
3) About 3 days after the sale, she listed the knife on the exchange. Obviously, it was hers by then and thus her right to do so but it just kind of rubbed me (and many others on here) the wrong way.

Not taking sides here, and I agree that this needs more investigation, but I thought it would be helpful to share my experiences with one of the individuals involved.

The knife I was supposed to receive is for trade on the trade forums and I contacted the current owner and they got the knife the same day that captainfuzzy offerd me the 24

And she hasn’t replied to any of my emails I sent 4 as you can see spreading a few days

Being Devil's Advocate, perhaps they had more than one xm-24 (dunno unless your pictures are a match). It would be good to hear the other side to this ASAP but it is noteworthy the other party has apparently not been online for a few days.

It is also not really kewl (to put it in modern young person speak ;) ) to BS people about your age. It is nothing against you personally but there are legitimate reasons people would choose not to do business with someone of your age. That does not mean that is is in anyway OK to not treat you with the respect that any party to a transaction deserves.

...It is also not really kewl (to put it in modern young person speak ;) ) to BS people about your age. It is nothing against you personally but there are legitimate reasons people would choose not to do business with someone of your age. That does not mean that is is in anyway OK to not treat you with the respect that any party to a transaction deserves.

We should also consider that it may be unlawful to ship the knife to a minor. Let's wait to hear from the other side before we jump to conclusions.

n2s

Being Devil's Advocate, perhaps they had more than one xm-24 (dunno unless your pictures are a match). It would be good to hear the other side to this ASAP but it is noteworthy the other party has apparently not been online for a few days.

It is also not really kewl (to put it in modern young person speak ;) ) to BS people about your age. It is nothing against you personally but there are legitimate reasons people would choose not to do business with someone of your age. That does not mean that is is in anyway OK to not treat you with the respect that any party to a transaction deserves.

I would like to hear the other side of the story to but they haven’t responded in days and in the emails they said they only had one xm-24. I would just like this all to go away but considering someone else has the exact knife I was offered I don’t think it will

Last edited:
We should also consider that it may be unlawful to ship the knife to a minor. Let's wait to hear from the other side before we jump to conclusions.

n2s
There is no actual laws against selling knives to minors but most stores put an age restriction on selling knives to minors so they don’t get sued. Also I hope this gets resolved peacefully I just want my stuff back and if she has a logical explanation I would be happy with it and move on but until then there is three days of ignored emails and the knife I was supposed to get someone else has.

There is no actual laws against selling knives to minors but most stores put an age restriction on selling knives to minors so they don’t get sued.

I don't what country you are in, but knife laws in the US can differ between states and even within localities within some states. So I wouldn't make any assumptions about what might or might not be true for other members from other places.

Captain Fuzzy's address is Granville, ND. It is a very small town not far from me of about 250 people. Small town but not exactly off the grid. It lays right along a major US highway 2. This stood out to me because there are very few members from ND here on the forum that I've come across including myself, so I usually remember them. Reason I bring this up is there was another member here in the recent past that I remember was from Granville, a male, who suspiciously has been banned. The member was recon0317.

I find it too coincidental that two members from BF happen to reside in little old Granville ND when we have just a few members from ND total. If I had to leap to a conclusion I would gather these two members are one and the same or Fuzzy is the other half of recon0317. Pure conjecture on my part but seems highly likely.

Since recon317 is banned maybe a Mod can dig up some info for you and try and tie the two together. Probably won't help you get your knives back but may help shed some light on the situation.

Coincidence or not the same thing has happened to me by captainfuzzy. I sent him a benchmade adamas fixed blade, zt 0452, zt 0450 and Spyderco military for xm-24. I'm unable to load pictures but can definitely email them to someone interested.
I received an email stating the previous trader backed out. I shipped the knives on Friday and they got there Monday. USPS tracking shows that someone accepted at the address in granville, North dakota. Monday captainfuzzy emailed me stating the xm-24 was being taken to the post office.
Today I noticed an xm-24 in the trade forum. The picture of the blade has stains on it. Captain fuzzy has a post on page four of the trade forum and a picture in there has stains on the blade in the same spot.

Just looked up recon0317. Looked the trade profile and noticed march 21 2016. The email recon0317 post ends with falldorf. The name given to me by captainfuzzy for shipping is theresa falldorf. It seems as the two would be connected.

Back