how many buy other knifes while waiting

That is quite a feat you pulled off with the CPK! Way to go! I'd really like to experience one of Nathan's knives someday. Too bad about your S!K orders, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

#10096 CPM-20CV Factory 2nd 2.7 shipping notice arrived today, so too slow to cancel, but good news on both fronts, just need to cut back on other toys.

Thanks

I do about the same supertac. I think of it as paying to play. Buy it, use it, sell it.....unless it makes the grade of 'keeper' ha. Usually a guy can recoup most of his funds on the quality blades, even with use on them.

Other than S!K, I mostly I stay with Busse-kin and Nathan Carothers, which is apparent from my sig line. But I like some of Buck's production knives, the vanguard in particular, and of course the 110. I picked up a modified 110 from Silver Knights with a drop point blade in 154 CM that I really like.

I still really want a CG FBM from Busse and a choilless boss jack. Both of those really call to me. I should just break down and buy an 1111 and a 1311 from the Yard. I've got most of the Rats I want unless Jerry cranks out a Ratweiler or Rat Mastiff LE in INFI or the custom shop opens back up. If they ever do, I want one more RMD with a drop point and satin finish, hand-smoothed scales and solid pins.

That's a nice list of knives :) I've been really looking at the Carothers as well. Haven't handled one yet, but getting one is on my short list. I don't see many of them on the secondary market very often, which is probably a good sign they're keepers.

That's a nice list of knives :) I've been really looking at the Carothers as well. Haven't handled one yet, but getting one is on my short list. I don't see many of them on the secondary market very often, which is probably a good sign they're keepers.

I'm still chasing field knives. I really like that model of Nate's. If you get the chance to land one, I think you'd be happy with it. You can definitely move it in a heartbeat if not, so no risk if you get it for the right price. Man they're getting tough to get ahold of though.

I'm still chasing field knives. I really like that model of Nate's. If you get the chance to land one, I think you'd be happy with it. You can definitely move it in a heartbeat if not, so no risk if you get it for the right price. Man they're getting tough to get ahold of though.

I recall seeing something somewhere that his company is hiring. Hopefully that means he'll be able to increase production in the near future!
I'm also extremely interested in a field knife.

I recall seeing something somewhere that his company is hiring. Hopefully that means he'll be able to increase production in the near future!
I'm also extremely interested in a field knife.

I hope they get the employee they need. It will indeed help production, but Nate said he's discontinuing the field knife after the year's end, so I'm not taking any chances if one comes up :D

I hope they get the employee they need. It will indeed help production, but Nate said he's discontinuing the field knife after the year's end, so I'm not taking any chances if one comes up :D

I really hope it's because he'll be announcing a new mid-size fixed blade model next year.........and make them available for preorder!

I'm still kicking myself for not getting in on the field knife preorder!!!

Thanks for giving me the heads up back then that they were on preorder :p ;)

I really hope it's because he'll be announcing a new mid-size fixed blade model next year.........and make them available for preorder!

He is releasing a "survival knife" next year which definitely could be considered mid-sized so there is always that!

Thanks for giving me the heads up back then that they were on preorder :p ;)
Ha!

The survival knife doesn't appeal to me as much as the FK did, but any type of CPK preorder would be appealing. Too bad the FK is discontinued!

He is releasing a "survival knife" next year which definitely could be considered mid-sized so there is always that!

Thanks for the heads up! I just found that thread for it, but unfortunately it's a bit too big for my liking.

The survival knife doesn't appeal to me as much as the FK did, but any type of CPK preorder would be appealing. Too bad the FK is discontinued!

Yip. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of choils!

Carothers Field Knife and GSO 4.7 are my top 2 knives
H0p0GtS.jpg

ODIb5kV.jpg

Nice collection you've got there!

If you ever feel like you have too many CPKs, I'll happily buy one of your field knives :D

Cant remember if I shared this or not. Got an LT Wright Northern Hunter a month or so ago. Its gonna be a while till my 4.5 bushcraft comes in so this held me over.

Me likey. Its super slicey. Ive only used it in the kitchen.

One good thing about the wait for survive knives is that I discovered the lionsteel M7...
An excellent knife

[video=youtube;swk6VNdwdzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swk6VNdwdzQ[/video]

One good thing about the wait for survive knives is that I discovered the lionsteel M7...
An excellent knife
J
[video=youtube;swk6VNdwdzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swk6VNdwdzQ[/video]
Jesus that thing is a beast ! Ever since I got my m4 I have been looking for another Lionsteel this may be the one

A friend of mine decided not to get an SK! because of the wait and bought an M3 and M7. Very cool knives and very functional.

Back