How many knives do you own?

About twelve. I'm moving towards having a few special pieces that I really enjoy. I get customized scales and stuff like that, which make me want to keep it. I still have a couple of junk knives, but I don't consider then party of the collection.

1. Strider SNG DGG
2. Brous SSF
3. Spyderco PM2
4. Benchmade Mini Presidio
5. Benchmade Customized Griptilian
6. Benchmade 940
7. Benchmade Mini Grip
8. ZT 0350
9. Kershaw Zing
10 Kershaw chive

The number of knives in my collection changes frequently, but I probably average around 150-200, including folders and fixed blades. Many of those, though, are duplicates and multiples of particular knife models that I carry and use.

If I like a knife, I buy 2. If I really like it, I buy 3. And if I really, really like it, I may buy as many as 10. The collection gets big fast that way...

The number of knives in my collection changes frequently, but I probably average around 150-200, including folders and fixed blades. Many of those, though, are duplicates and multiples of particular knife models that I carry and use.

If I like a knife, I buy 2. If I really like it, I buy 3. And if I really, really like it, I may buy as many as 10. The collection gets big fast that way...

I know how that can get. :p:thumbup: Maybe I'll sell a couple off when I retire. Still got a few on my radar though.

Last edited:
I've only got around 20-25 at the moment between folders and fixed blades. I've settled into a rotation of 4 knives and have started selling or gifting many of the knives I don't carry any more. I keep buying more, but I'm selling them off at about the same rate. I expect my collection will continue to grow, but only gradually at this point.

I have way more than I need. That said I choose not to know how many that is. Having plausible deniability is a good thing.

I have about 20 in my collection at any given time but have owned hundreds of different knives over the years. If I had to guess I have owned about 400 knives in my life time.

Knives are much the same as guns and ammo,,,, if you know how many you have then you don't have enough!!!:D I lost count of how many I have long ago. Guess I need to count some day! I give a lot away to son clients and friends so it varys from time to time.I have my keep sake old ones my expensive ones and my EDC ones that overlap etc etc ----after over fifty years of getting them it's hard to keep track!!! HaHa!!! :eek:

Count - 65.
35 of which are quality folders and fixed blades.
The remainder are ones that were gifted to me from family or ones I bought when I knew nothing of knives. I'll never part with these though, the memories of family thinking of me and the memories of my younger dumber self buying these cheapo knives is too great.
Still working on getting some more, just a few here and there.

36 - Traditional slip joints
33 - Modern folders
13 - Multi-tools
08 - Fixed blades

90 - Total

Too many ... and not near enough. I "discovered" some really cool patterns I did not know about that I want ... and different handle materials ... oh well. knives for the most part cost less than bicycles and fishing gear ...

6 folders and 1 fixed blade:
- Spyderco delica 4 vg-10
- Spyderco Manix LW
- Mora Companion
- CRK Small Sebenza 21
- Ontario RAT 1
- Spyderco Techno
- Hinderer XM-18 3" Wherncliffe

..and counting

Dunno, they come and go. I try to tell myself that I only get them for outdoor use, where most actually are used. But that"s BS really. I just like knives and axes. Every once in a while I will give some away or sell a bunch off. Then the trickle begins again. Do I NEED four axes and three hatchets ? No, but I know for a fact that I will get more, because I like them. And sometimes they actually get used..........................:)

Not enough...

Zt 0350BW
CRKT M21
CRKT M16
Kershaw Blur
Kabar BK7
And a few cheapies that I would rather not name out of shame.

Back