How many knives, do you own?

Boy howdy these are some very impressive knife numbers. I think we should all bow and pay homage to the Grand Poobas of mucho, mucho, mucho, mucho Bladeware,salami,salami,bologna,bologna. We salute you oh Grandest Kings of Bladeism.Ok,ok, so much for homage and sucking up. I only have a mere 131 knives, maybe a few more around tucked away in some nooks and crannies. Now, beacause of my Masculine Bladism Ego, I would like to point out that since January 1996 I have amassed 115 knives "ARRR ARRR HOLDING CHEST HIGH" breaking that down that would be about 3 knives a month from Jan.1996 thruogh March of this year, and I just started this month off right and added another Spyderco Military to my collection "YES!!!!". Any of you guys know how many knives that you have amassed from Jan.of 1996 to now, inquiring minds want to know. Your fat little Buddy in the Texas Panhandle, Chris.
www.toptexknives.com

------------------

Just got back from counting and only found 14. After looking at my bank balance there must be more here somewhere! I tend to purchase and collect maybe a little more expensive knife. The least expensive one I have is a Mad Dog. Hopefully the price on his won't go up now. Presently still playing with the Brend Microtech MUDT which just came today.

Okay, I had to go and count. I have 36 here with me (in Saudi), and I think 10 or 12 back home. Not much, considering the size of everyone else's collection. But, it is a good feeling when you can say that all of them have been "jump qualified" while I was assigned to Ft Bragg. Does that count??

I just counted and I hit 100 exactly. Now some of them aren't much to brag about but they did end up here for a reason. I like them or I think someone else will like them. There aren't any high end custom knives and only a few tactical/auto's (we can have them in South Dakota as long as the blade stays attached to the knife). Probably could have had a few nice custom pieces for what I have in pretty new knives but the Fight'n Roosters and Case are what I like to look at and use (yes, I use some of my Roosters, they sharpen hard the first time but after that they're a nice knife.)
I'm just a newcomer to knife collecting so by this time next year it should be interesting to see what's up here in the spare room.

DaveJ

DaveJ,
.....as long as the blade stays attached to the knife.....??????

CLICK. LOOK OUT!!!!!

Sorry, I had to make a comment. Anybody ever seen a ballistic knife?

If you had asked me a month ago I would have said 59 total. However since then I have sold most of them off. I decided that I would rather loose the bulk of mid-quality knives and spend the money on the kick-*** knives that I want so badly. Im going to take my time, so that my the time I have 5000(guess ill be somewhere around 100 years old), I will be proud of every purchase
smile.gif

11 High Quality Folders
6 High Quality Fixed Blades
1 Spanish Bowie that deserves to be mentioned alone

You were right, this is great to here about everyones different collection types.

------------------
All of God's Critters may have knives, but most of them are Benchmade Knives

I have 65 khukuris and a dozen or so miscellaneous pieces I use to trade for more khukuris. There are some mighty impressive collections listed above. Do any of you guys have pictures to share via the forum?

------------------
JP

Only 7, but I'm working on it. It's tough when your a poor starving college student.
I have 4 folders and three fixed, oh, and a tool. -Krumbs

Ok Susan I don't know how you got Bartman's wife the post this question but I'm not falling for it. I have several and that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I just counted the Knives in my office, and there are 22.
Three approx 12x12x15 boxes at home stuffed full, 1 sword, four wall dispalys with 1-2 knives each, a dresser drawer full of daily carries to rotate in, and a basket near the door with some more.... Under the bed a Bayonet and in the nightstand another... in the hall closet where the Wife stuffs the one she finds, of and I forget about my camping bag with a M9 bayonet, a 126 Fish Fillet (7"), a Buck Zipper fixed blade and a tool. Tools I forget about those.... now where do I keep those.....
smile.gif

Did I mention I work in a knife factory?
wink.gif

Jeff

------------------
Jeff "Without data it's just another opinion" Hubbard
JeffH@buckknives.com
www.buckknives.com
Watch for Pete's Custom Knife Shoppe on www.buckknives.com

Now you guys have really made me depressed...
frown.gif
My measely list is as follows:

1 SAK
1 folder
3 fixed blades
1 multitool
1 throwing knife (Forgot this one when I first wrote this, hence the edit)

...Of which all but the multitool and two of the fixed blades are total crap. (No, I don't especially like the SAK anymore. It was fine when I was 12, but now...) (And even those 2 that are worth something are not very high quality. A Finnish Army "guerilla knife" and a SOG Power Plier, now those are not the worlds best tools...)

Well, on a more positive note, I am in the process of getting my first automatic knife. And I do have one good handgun to keep me company in my loneliness...
wink.gif
(And one lousy one. Darn things are expensive, can't afford a better one to replace it.)

Now, if I could just get a good, possibly a tad more legal folder for daily carry, and... A sword. I must have a sword. I've always wanted one... A good one. Talk about expensive tastes, huh?

And to all of you who own over 100 or so knives, I'd like to remind you of the saying:

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

...If anyone wants to donate me knives (or other sharp pointy things), you may contact me by e-mail.
wink.gif

------------------
Tony S.

[This message has been edited by Tony S (edited 10 April 1999).]

Around 40 or so. But then again, I'm not a collector. Jesus, you guys all have a lot of knives!

------------------

Win
Knife lover, Philosopher, Humanitarian, and All-around nice guy
(all right, so I'm just a knife lover)

Back