How to turn a Delica into a $350 (make that $600) knife. Updated!

In early March I picked up a Southard. Custom red CF shred scale. I put an MXG deep carry clip on it as well.

iDhjjX5.jpg

kHw6Mg2.jpg

My domino will be getting a new scale one of these days...

I've been there also. Started with a HAP40 Delica and moved on to Wilkins Ti scales and custom hardwear. Lost track of the overall cost but it did spin a little bit out of control.

I've actually been collecting the parts needed to do my own Delica build. The only thing I'm waiting on is the release of the K390 wharncliffe.

I've actually been collecting the parts needed to do my own Delica build. The only thing I'm waiting on is the release of the K390 wharncliffe.

Nice!

That's going to be a great knife! I actually have set of Navy TeroTuf scales, a brass backspacer (that I used aging solution on), and bronze colored, titanium screws just waiting for that knife. :D

I picked up some shred carbon fiber scales for the K390 wharncliffe Dragonfly too while I was at it.

Nice!

That's going to be a great knife! I actually have set of Navy TeroTuf scales, a brass backspacer (that I used aging solution on), and bronze colored, titanium screws just waiting for that knife. :D

I picked up some shred carbon fiber scales for the K390 wharncliffe Dragonfly too while I was at it.
I plan to use a set of custom G10 scales, and a titanium clip. Still debating between a copper or titanium backspacer while I'm waiting for the blade. It will primarily be an electrical tool so the G10 and copper would be a nice touch.

Excellent job, Fixall! I love the way that turned out. Just fabulous.
Lol, a pm2 would absolutely dwarf my hands. A para 3 would be more my speed. But man... What could you even do to spend that much on a pm2? Custom engraving? Reblade?
If you’re still looking at modding a PM2 for $1000, I would rite dye the scales for that kinda cash. Haha. Then you could say you have a $1000 PM2!

Jokes.

I didn't think you would need them with the ti scales.

Some of the Flytanium scales are liner deletes (like the Brouwer scales), while others leave the steel liners. No idea why. I think I would have preferred a liner delete with the Delica scales. I think I'm actually going to take a diamond file to the outside corners of the liners to see if I can get even better action.

Excellent job, Fixall! I love the way that turned out. Just fabulous.

If you’re still looking at modding a PM2 for $1000, I would rite dye the scales for that kinda cash. Haha. Then you could say you have a $1000 PM2!

Jokes.

Ha! A PM2 would look like a sword in these infant mitts. I still can't bring myself to carry a folder with a blade over 3.5" (and usually stay under 3.3"). I have an M4/canvas Micarta Para 3 that gets a LOT of use at work though. I've been thinking about getting a new set of screws for it, but couldn't decide on a color. Maybe purple. Idk. I want some dang damascus/damasteel screws/hardware!

fqH8DvE.jpg

msS2uYU.jpg

I have an M4 Smock I'll be customizing next. :D

Back