Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

More "Queen for the day"
MfAWC63.jpg

Neat piece of history. I really like your little hidden treasure. I know they produced a heap of souvenirs for her coronation, but never seen these before, and did not know they existed. Look after it, they are a piece of history. This is what is great about the forum, you never stop learning about many things, not just knives, and never ceases to surprise.:cool::thumbsup:
@Jack Black says these were made to give to schoolboys at the time (I believe the girls got scissors). He has seen plenty of them. I found this at a gun show last year.

I vowed that this round, I'd use only knives in which the letter of the day was the first letter of a word that was part of the "normal" description of the knife (maker, pattern, etc.). I have to concede defeat on "Q". :(:thumbsdown:

(I guess I'll have to add a Queen knife to the very top of my wish list! :rolleyes:)

- GT

I vowed that this round, I'd use only knives in which the letter of the day was the first letter of a word that was part of the "normal" description of the knife (maker, pattern, etc.). I have to concede defeat on "Q". :(:thumbsdown:

(I guess I'll have to add a Queen knife to the very top of my wish list! :rolleyes:)

- GT
Gotta watch them vows!

More "Queen for the day"
MfAWC63.jpg

Great choice and particular favourite of mine the Queen No.6 Teardrop.:thumbsup: I'm lucky to have the ACSB shown and Zebra plus the WCSB and BEM versions. The Bird's Eye is the least satisfying as it's a queer cat-barf pink colour :eek::D and it has build faults-got from an unscrupulous dealer years ago. But, the pattern is an excellent locking knife with very sharp D2 possibilities:cool:

Thanks, Will

:D:thumbsup:
Do you think I could have, in good conscience, gotten by with
"Q is for Quill"?
View attachment 1177276

- GT
PZq780U.jpg

QUEEN QUORUM

WCSB Stockman and ACSB Jack, same frame. The Jack qualifies for my notorious 'dirt-trap' accolade:D r8shell r8shell as it has no wraparound spring and has this chasm like space under the minor blade with no liner between the 2 blades either..
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, am I too late to post a Quill knife?
lbwFrZt.jpg

Will Power Will Power , it has a wraparound spring. ;)
ypFmds2.jpg

Back