Photos How Well Do We Know Our ABC's? (Traditional Version)

You could have, and I think you did.

As for me, I’ve got nothin’. I also made the rookie mistake of using all three of my Pioneer Xs in the first round, so I’ll be out of luck then, too.
You can reuse knives from the first round, just not the same knife twice in the second round.

Queen
QTLsjD1.jpg

Wow! That might be my definition of an ideal traditional knife. I love the clip main and coping on the opposite end. I wish Case would do something like that. I'll have to keep my eye out for one of them!

meako meako - my friend I want that Stockman, lol. (I’ve found one I’m sitting on actually); if you haven’t tried the RAT Railsplitters you really should. Impeccable construction, walk and talk, and they have the Spey blade, instead of the Pen.
Neal

I vowed that this round, I'd use only knives in which the letter of the day was the first letter of a word that was part of the "normal" description of the knife (maker, pattern, etc.). I have to concede defeat on "Q". :(:thumbsdown:

(I guess I'll have to add a Queen knife to the very top of my wish list! :rolleyes:)

- GT

I'm in the same boat, GT. I'm trying to do this entire round posting only GEC knives (and as many as I can while avoiding double posting any), but Q is a struggle as a beginning letter. My solution: cheat. :D

With that said, here's a collection of GECs in AntiQue Yellow Bone. :cool:

Northfield #85 Bullet-End Jack in Antique Yellow Jigged Bone

bYCvLpy.jpg

Tidioute #14 TC Lick Creek Barlow in Antique Yellow Smooth Bone

diEwsnC.jpg

Northfield #15 Rope Knife in Antique Yellow Jigged Bone (with some of the most high-quality jigging I think GEC has ever done)

e5rJ3w9.jpg

Of course, Antique Yellow Jigged Bone is a staple of GEC's Boy's Knives.

Here it is on a Tidioute #14 Lick Creek Boy's Knife.

8LXFZbN.jpg

And on a Tidioute #15 Huckleberry Boy's Knife.

yjw5Axm.jpg

I think that quintet of questionably qualified knives in Antique Yellow is all I have for Q-day. I'll start following the rules again tomorrow, I promise! (At least until Z-day comes along... :eek: :D)

Back