HTM Gunhammer with Ti Framelock and CF/G-10 -- PICS, INPUT NEEDED

I like the idea, but honestly, my confidence has been a little shaken by the forum knife. I mean, I like mine, and carry it regularly, but having the QC issues, and then having them not even pay enough attention to put the blade markings in the right spots for all the knives, and to put S90 instead of S90V, doesn't make me want to participate. The QC issues were supposed to have been resolved but weren't, communication was bad, the time frame was bad, and the price was awfully high considering the delays, lack of attention to detail, and the virtually identical except for handle color blades that were made for KC. I've made my fair share of excuses for Darrel, but that's in the way of saying, I can understand it once, but honestly, I'm gonna need to see proof positive that the QC has been turned around. I expect these issues from a 100 dollar knife. Maybe. A 360 or 429 dollar knife should be flawless in every aspect. There should be ZERO complaints on a limited edition run about quality.

As has been said, talk is cheap. Darrel's designs are my favorites for folding knives. But for even more than the forum knife, I will believe this one will be smooth when I see it. Nor do I want to pay 400+ for another gun hammer, when I don't honestly feel that I can be sure it will be perfect, and thus WORTH 400+ dollars. At least if I buy a CRK (another knife at the same price point) I can know it's going to be perfect every time.

I like the idea, but honestly, my confidence has been a little shaken by the forum knife. I mean, I like mine, and carry it regularly, but having the QC issues, and then having them not even pay enough attention to put the blade markings in the right spots for all the knives, and to put S90 instead of S90V, doesn't make me want to participate. The QC issues were supposed to have been resolved but weren't, communication was bad, the time frame was bad, and the price was awfully high considering the delays, lack of attention to detail, and the virtually identical except for handle color blades that were made for KC. I've made my fair share of excuses for Darrel, but that's in the way of saying, I can understand it once, but honestly, I'm gonna need to see proof positive that the QC has been turned around. I expect these issues from a 100 dollar knife. Maybe. A 360 or 429 dollar knife should be flawless in every aspect. There should be ZERO complaints on a limited edition run about quality.

As has been said, talk is cheap. Darrel's designs are my favorites for folding knives. But for even more than the forum knife, I will believe this one will be smooth when I see it. Nor do I want to pay 400+ for another gun hammer, when I don't honestly feel that I can be sure it will be perfect, and thus WORTH 400+ dollars. At least if I buy a CRK (another knife at the same price point) I can know it's going to be perfect every time.

My forum knife is still sitting it the same drawer I put it in the day I got it back from them for the blade markings/dullness issues.

If HTM was really serious about making things right with the forum knife people, they would have allowed trade ins for this new, more better one. With the extensive history attached to the forum knife, the resale value is near zero.

I hear you guys. I watched the Forum knife debacle unfold... wasn't able to buy one of them at the time. Unfortunately it had come to everyone but HTM / DDR / Darrell's attention that some issues needed to be resolved; Quality control being number one. If we all really fine tune it, QUALITY is what it really comes down to. The time frame, communication, poor product quality, bad stamping issues (S90 / S90V), and knife "recipe" similarities (KC) are all issues of what the customer determines makes a quality purchase.

Obviously Scurvy has a bad taste in his mouth from the Forum Debacle, and CrimsonFalcon - who has been a huge supporter of the DDR forum has even lost a big chunk of his confidence in the brand.

I think what needs to happen is Darrell needs to poke his head in here and say a few words. More than a few.

I know Darrell might be busy making killer customs and things... but I don't know if he realizes the impact a flop of a forum knife has on the brand. The supporters of the brand ask for a forum knife so they can carry the flagship around, proudly displaying the brand. To get a green turd that has oddball stamps on some and couldn't shave a peach on others is bad way to show off your flagship. The forum guys feel like they've been shoved to the backburner -- This stuff matters!

For that matter, if you recall, Scurvy was one of the big proponents who helped get the whole forum knife project going in the first place. Which means that getting a subpar knife out of it has to really leave a sour taste in his mouth. At least sour stuff tends to be good to combat scurvy, right? Oh wait...

For that matter, if you recall, Scurvy was one of the big proponents who helped get the whole forum knife project going in the first place. Which means that getting a subpar knife out of it has to really leave a sour taste in his mouth. At least sour stuff tends to be good to combat scurvy, right? Oh wait...

Lol.

Yes, there's a reason why neuron gave me that #1 spot. What's hilarious is that the main reason was all the time I spent in paint developing the blade markings abd they weren't even used.

Fool_Me_Once_big.jpg

So I take it that you guys are saying to stay away from the HTM made knives? I was thinking (in the near future) of picking up one of the big Madd Maxx's. Problems with that also or just the Gunhammer line? Thanks fellas.

It's not that you should stay away, particularly from already made models. It's that we're a bit leery of paying extra money for special runs, etc. There were some QC issues that you may want to be aware of. Lacey will take care of you if you have any issues, although I haven't heard of many issues with the Madd Maxx's. I personally would probably buy direct from HTM instead of through KC or some of the other resellers, and I'd ask Lacey to personally check my knife and make sure it's a knife that she's happy sending out (or would be happy to own for the price paid).

Darrell tweeted about listening for ideas for pocket clip designs, along with the tweet he posted a picture of the knife this thread is all about. He's listening!
clippy.jpg
Also, a bit off topic but he also posted a picture of what he's called "Rave Damascus w/ M390 core" gunhammer. Damn near drooled my face off.
rave.jpg

Hi Guys, First I appreciate your hanging while we went through our crazy move to Texas. We have NEW cool knives on the horizon. I am send several to Neuron for posting. Please let me know what you think. We are interested in your comments. A few guys here just got banned. I am also tied of a few people that start with a great attitude and then boil over into Ftards. You don't deserve it. It has to stop. DDR

I had some interest in learning more about this model, but I have always had reservations from reading about the absolute disaster the forum Gunhammer turned out to be.

After reading the makers post above calling his customers an obscene and insulting name that is inherently ignorant, classless, and tasteless I will definitely pass on any and all blades from this maker at any price point. Wow.

Wow Darrel. I had just 2 weeks ago talked with you via email about a Madd Maxx. I had only posted (I think) just the once above in this thread other than this post, my name is Gregg from Cincinnati.

After reading you calling your customers FTards consider me done in ever owning one of your knives. I can not believe you spoke like this in here. *shaking my head* I had heard the stories but didn't believe it. I do now. Scurvy banned? One of your biggest fans and supporters? If you'll have that done to him because he got screwed I can just imagine if I bought a knife of yours and there was a problem. Umm....no thank you. Good luck guys. I think you're going to need it. If I get banned for saying this I'll be very disappointed in the BFC. I won't post in your subforum anymore. I promise.

Way to add to your rep.

Hi Guys, First I appreciate your hanging while we went through our crazy move to Texas. We have NEW cool knives on the horizon. I am send several to Neuron for posting. Please let me know what you think. We are interested in your comments. A few guys here just got banned. I am also tied of a few people that start with a great attitude and then boil over into Ftards. You don't deserve it. It has to stop. DDR

I'm going to have to agree with Chester.

I had some interest in learning more about this model, but I have always had reservations from reading about the absolute disaster the forum Gunhammer turned out to be.

After reading the makers post above calling his customers an obscene and insulting name that is inherently ignorant, classless, and tasteless I will definitely pass on any and all blades from this maker at any price point. Wow.

As am I. There truly is no need for name calling. Also, I find it personally offensive that "tard" was used.

Wow Darrel. I had just 2 weeks ago talked with you via email about a Madd Maxx. I had only posted (I think) just the once above in this thread other than this post, my name is Gregg from Cincinnati.

After reading you calling your customers FTards consider me done in ever owning one of your knives. I can not believe you spoke like this in here. *shaking my head* I had heard the stories but didn't believe it. I do now. Scurvy banned? One of your biggest fans and supporters? If you'll have that done to him because he got screwed I can just imagine if I bought a knife of yours and there was a problem. Umm....no thank you. Good luck guys. I think you're going to need it. If I get banned for saying this I'll be very disappointed in the BFC. I won't post in your subforum anymore. I promise.
Guys, I 100% agree that it was an over-reaction, both in the choice of words and in Scurvy getting an infraction that resulted in a ban. I've been in touch with one of the super mods, and they're going to reverse the infraction (and thus the ban), reducing it to a warning or minor infraction for trolling and a request for Scurvy to refrain from posting in this sub-forum. Hopefully that'll be enough to keep all parties at least somewhat satisfied.

Darrel is open to criticism of his knives, and so am I as the day-to-day moderator here: I've never edited, deleted, or otherwise touched any posts that were critical of HTM or the forum knife. What I think nudged Darrel over the edge was the fact that basically every single post Scurvy has made over the last few months, regardless of which thread in the HTM subforum it was in, was some variation of complaint about the forum knife. It had long ago exited the realm of substantive criticism or suggestions and entered the realm of simple trolling. Again, that doesn't excuse calling someone an epithet in the heat of the moment, but that's just some background for those of you who have only popped in recently as friends of Scurvy and don't follow the forum on a regular basis.

Back