I believe Codger needs all our support at the moment...

Codger sent me an email this morning along the following lines.....'got robbed this morning while at work..only have a few knives left..Cleaned me out..Anything of value...Stole my cameras and laptop and screwed up my desktop trying to steal it as well..Posting from Local Library so may be off line for a while..SUX....'

What miserable parasites would do this to a man who's been down on his luck in recent times and lost his mother as well.....hope the police find the morons involved.....perhaps we can all keep an eye on Schrades' appearing on Feebay that we can recognize as knives that he has posted on this Forum...
Can anyone think of a tangible way we can give him support when he most needs it? He has always willingly given his knowledge and time to us...so sad...thought you all should at least know....Hoo Roo

Really sorry to hear that, I don't know what I can do but sympathies from NEPA at least no one for hurt, how they find the a**holes before they can unload their heist and they get what they deserve.

I can donate a knife, maybe he can sell, or I can sell? Please p.m. Me or email, this sucks, hope they get those scumbags.

I've used gofundme to raise money for members of the reptile keepers community in need. We raised about 3k to cover medical bills from someone I hadn't met in Texas. If collectively we have someone trustworthy to administer this it can be set up very quick. Pm me for details.

It would be of help if a fund could be set up as it would make it simple for anyone outside of the United States to make a donation. Codger could at the very least use a computer and a couple of knives for comfort at this point.

Did he have an online database of photos of these knives? Could anyone gather photos he posted and turn them into the local PD? Canvas local pawn shops first and foremost. Sorry to hear this.

Guys, I'm set up to do it and can take care of it after work but I won't unless I am okay'ed by other folks who have been on the board longer or know Codger. Otherwise here is the website if one of his friends can volunteer to take care of the admin. The fees are basically about 10% roughly between the donation page and the linking of the payment transactions to a checking. How I did it with the other fund I set up for a "Repticzoners" community member on FB was that I paypaled the proceeds to them as a gift. In any case here is the site:

http://www.gofundme.com/

Here's the info about the admin fees they collect. It's closer to 8-9% I believe.
https://gofundme.zendesk.com/home

I have just recently joined this forum. I have watched this forum for a long time researching info on Schrade Knives. I have to say that most of the knowledge I have gained has come from Codger! I am thankful for this forum and its members. I am willing to do what I can for Codger. Just need info on where, when and, how. Please keep us posted Larry303!

I think his computer still works, but maybe his monitor got destroyed. I have a spare that I can send him. I can try to contact him through FB.

I think he has an idea of who did it also...sucks.

It looks like Mike is back in the internet saddle again, someone hooked him up with a monitor. Hopefully, they can track down the missing stuff...

Sorry to hear that about poor Codger he can have my Texas Parer or just get his paypal email address up so we can send him cash from anywhere in the world .

That is a terrible situation. Sorry to hear about this. I hate a thief. :thumbdn:

A friend owed me some cash , and gave me a dell desktop with a flat screen monitor as payment, He said something about it crashed , or he couldn't get it to work...I haven't even tried to turn the computer on to be honest as I have other computers that I use, I will plug it up and see if it works, or If I can fix it, and if so I'll be more than happy to donate the whole computer or the monitor. I don't know Codger at all , but I do know what it's like to be robbed, and considering some of the acts of kindness people have done for me on these forums, I have no problem helping out a fellow member, IF it works...One of you guys whos friends with him just find out what is wrong, and If he needs it let me know, email is best way to contact me... Looks like he has a computer , but the offer still stands if he needs it, also If you guys set up a donation or if he has a paypal let me know as well.

Last edited:
Codger you have friends all around the world, help is on its’ way from Australia.

I know quite well that Ihave friends around the world and for that I am eternally greatful. Please excuse the busted spacebar on my keyboard, but the computer is running as well as ever with the donated monitor. And guys, I really appreciate all the offers of knives, but ... well... I don't need them. The jerkwads missed a few in their haste. And I had already started selling books, tools and a lot of other stuff, so I will continue doing that. Of everyting taken, the 165 collection hurt the worse, besides some keepsakes from my deceased parents. There isno way on God's green earth that I will ever be able to find and buy that variety of 165's again, even if I had the time and money. Some, like the early Shikaris and the 100th anniversary edition were uncommon years ago.

But again, Iappreciate all the well wishes andoffers to help.

Michael

Codger, Is there any way to post up a list, photos, serial numbers, anything that would help identify and recover these special knives?

Codger, did you have homeowners insurance? Hopefully there is a miracle and the guy gets caught before he can move any of the collection. I have a little custom Tendric (BTR?) and some new production traditional folders I can send your way. Get you a couple sharps back in your pocket. The bummer is all the work, time, and sacrifice you put into your collection.

I still have some knives put back, so I am by no means sharpless. Offers of knives are greatly appreciated, but not needed. Only a few of the knives have serial numbers but I will retrieve and post those up. And when I can get a replacement camera that an old guy like me canuse and download from, I'll be putting some knives and memorabilia up for sale. It looks like I need to get a new keyboard with a working spacebar first. Do you know how hard it is to find one without sixty-eleven extra buttons with Egyptian hyroglyphics on them?

No, no insurance. You guys might think about that and clarify your coverage with your agent before you need it.

Codger we can all help you look for your knives. However, we can all send some CASH to help you out a little NOW. Ken

Last edited:
Back