I believe Codger needs all our support at the moment...

Man, that makes me feel a little sick to my stomach. I imagine it must make you feel 100 times sicker than I do. I do hope somehow the thief gets caught. I think a lot of your knives are already pictured on this forum, no? Maybe we can start a thread and compile the pictures that exist in the hopes of one of us can find someone trying to fence them on eBay or elsewhere?

Codger we can all help you look for your knives. However, we can all send some CASH to help you out a little NOW. Ken

I agree, Codger; if you need anything please let us know. If you don't need donated knives, can we sell them FOR you?

Also, I've got an ergonomic MS keyboard that I don't use (LOL...it does have extra keys and buttons, though!). I'm sure lots of people have comp stuff they don't use. Just say the word and I can send to you.

Thanks guys. One member is sending me a keyboard and one is sending mea camera, so I am good on those now. Sell a knife for me? It is not something Iwould ask friends to do. But some have indicated they will help whether I like it/agree or not so there is that. When I get a camera up and running Iwill beputting some knives and memorabilia up for sale in the exchange. I'll give a headsup when that happens. Please pardon the brokenspacebar. Editing in spaces is a pain. I'll check and see if I have any items I cansell without photos. I know I have a spare copy of the AG Russell reprint of the SCC catalog "E and suppliments". And a stock photo of that should suffice since it is still as-new (though printed circa 1971).

I put up the catalog in the exchange if there is any interest. Not sure if it is ok to post a link here, but in the individuals traditional knives for sale section, search "SCC".

Last edited:
G'day Codge, Great to hear the positive responses from the blokes on this forum....
If you put up your email addy even if the ones who have responded here were to donate even $10 through Paypal you would have a few hundred dollars to kick you along a bit...
So sad....Hoo Roo....

Very sorry to hear of this happening to you Codger. I can imagine how your things meant to you. I'm a former LEO not too far from you. Wish I was still in the business so I might be able to help you.

Local police are doing what can be done and I have given them items likely with fingerprints on them. I guess TBI will do that for them. As bad as it is to me, it is a run of the mill B&E property crime. Both suspects have priors and they purposely left behind my guns. Both are known to local cops and the Judge. I have a (small) reward out and have put up a trail cam in case they come back. Local pawn shops have been notified, but the stuff will likely be moved out of the county, possibly show up at a gun show this next weekend in Jackson.

I am real sorry this has happened to you. I hate a thief and I hope they get caught , feel the full weight of the law , AND you get your stuff back!
I think you should be at that gun show bright and early and tell everyone what to watch out for ,,,while you are looking around. sadly with all the gun shows , flea markets and such it is very hard to cover all the bases ,,,I have been down this road and never got anything back or had anyone caught , sorry to say.

Local police are doing what can be done and I have given them items likely with fingerprints on them. I guess TBI will do that for them. As bad as it is to me, it is a run of the mill B&E property crime. Both suspects have priors and they purposely left behind my guns. Both are known to local cops and the Judge. I have a (small) reward out and have put up a trail cam in case they come back. Local pawn shops have been notified, but the stuff will likely be moved out of the county, possibly show up at a gun show this next weekend in Jackson.

Hopefully the police/DA can lean on these guys and find the next guy up on the list who might have custody of your property. Hope you get all your items back, Codger!

G'day Dave...I think you've been thinking far too much and too hard again mate........I started this thread to maybe help Codger...your post with respect, is not helpful or intelligible IMO.....Hoo Roo

*****The post by Dave Thinkstoomuch to which I referred, has been removed by Moderators and I believe he has unfortunately been banned due to this and other posts made....another one bites the dust.******

Last edited:
One thing you guys might do is keep your eyes peeled for a 100th anniversary 165OT. It is one that I would like to replace. I have little hope of recovering the stolen knives or really of replacing them all. But if one turns up on the market and I have the money, I would like a chance to buy it.

294qicj.jpg

sl61vo.jpg

How are you doing Codger? Have the police made any progress at all in locating any of your collection? I shouldn't say this but I've seen enough to make you lose faith in your fellow man but then you read all here who are concerned. Not a lot out there like the guys on this forum.

Last edited:
Oh I was really down when it happened for sure. And every day I discover more items missing. But from the get-go, forum friends have lifted me up. And given or offered to give. And I look around and see people much worse off than myself.

As I said, it was a property crime. Iwasn't injured. It doesn't have a high priority with the police and I understand that. At best, they'll bust some methhead and find some of my stuff in the search. At worst it is sitting in a pawn shop in Missisippi or Alabama. I am looking at buying one or two knives currently if the price doesn't climb rediculously high. I will pay just a bit more boot than usual for them so hopefully some forum menber won't pay the price for my knife lust. And no, I won't say which ones. One good thing about being forced to retire is that I can convert my accumulation of construction tools into cash.

So yeah, I'm doing fine. If Iwere doing any better I'd have to be twins!

Michael

Codger, I am very sorry to hear of this but glad to see you are able to handle it better than most. I'm praying for you.

Someone who is able- set something up that can help collect donations like was suggested earlier and post it in this thread.

Thankyou Sullie. I appreciate it. But I believe that has been done elsewhere on the forum (a section not open to non-paying members) and will more than suffice. I am humbled by my friends' efforts to help. A lady here gave me a monitor and a member sent me a working camera from North Carolina. Another member is sending me a keyboard to replace this busted one. The outpouring of friendship has been tremendous and as I said, I am humbled.

Sad. Really sad. As i just said, I have a lot to be thankful for.

ETA: Well now this post makes little or no sense. Our forum friend, Davethinkstoomuch, had an unfortunate episode and he and his string of posts were removed from this and other forums. He, more than I at this point, could use your well wishes and prayers.

Last edited:
Codger I am sorry to hear about your missing knives and other property. If I can be of any help let me know. I have benefited greatly from your knowledge.
Harold

Codger I am sorry to hear about your missing knives and other property. If I can be of any help let me know. I have benefited greatly from your knowledge.
Harold

The knowledge I have shared here came from other people and sources. I am most happy to pass on what I have learned. After all, I have learned a great deal here as well. And I hope to learn quite a bit more. So many knives, so many questions.

Here are a few of the more distinctive stolen knives that you guys might keep an eye open for. Some might make it to the bay or a flea market you frequent.

SW165OT marked blade left, serial #18685, late in production but just a few thousand pieces before the change to markings on blade right and the ending of serialization. It has a 3/8” ricasso and 3 7/8” swedge.

SW165OT # 00953, marked blade left, is SHIKARI shielded. It has a 3/8” ricasso and a 3 5/8” swedge. This would have been a 1966 production, obviously one of the first 1,000 produced and serialized.

SW165OT # 02200, marked blade left, is also a SHIKARI. It has a 3/8” ricasso and a 3 5/8” swedge.

SW165OT #09469, marked blade left, has a 5/16” ricasso and a 3 ¾” swedge.

SW165OT #16239, marked blade left, has a 3/8” ricasso and a 4” swedge.

SW165UH #13134, marked blade right.

Last edited:
I live in alabama I know its a long shot, but I'll keep my eyes open, any pics you have send them to my email and Ill be on the look out.

Back