I believe Codger needs all our support at the moment...

I live in alabama I know its a long shot, but I'll keep my eyes open, any pics you have send them to my email and Ill be on the look out.

Not so much of a longshot. I figure they went to a local fence/dealer who quickly moved them across the state line, North or South. Alabama, Missisippi, Georgia or Kentucky are good bets. Most of the pictures are in the "Post your 165's" thread. And here is a family shot from 2011.

1r44yf.jpg

rihhqs.jpg

rk8s2w.jpg

15gz7th.jpg

They missed most of the NIB ones, thankfully. And not all were in these photos. I guess that a group of a dozen or so of this pattern showing up for sale at once would be suspect. A matching serial a clincher, though not all were serialized.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/725324-Post-your-165-s!?highlight=165OT

I found out this morning that they cleaned me out of LB-7s. It will take some digging to find serials on the ones which grew legs though. Among them was one which is easily identifiable, a special order for the U.S. Border Patrol made in 1992. The knives were standard LB7's, have unetched blades, Winewood handles laser engraved “U.S. Border Patrol”, the rear mark side bolster engraved with the badge, pile side engraved with circular “U.S. Border Patrol” logo. They were shipped in the standard black leather sheath. Serial #BP0108

21l3brm.jpg

2myso76.jpg

do you have any serial numbers from your LB 7's. i know you do since you started the LB 7 thread. that would help us look for them. and if we find them we do something BAD to them. like oh i don't know take their knives? i hate thieves since i too have been hit with that particular happening. just curious in looking at the photos did you have your knives all lined up like that (and i do too) or were they in cases?

Some were NIB and some were new in their cases and some were used in cases (sheaths). A problem is that a few have been sold in the past year or so and I don't have a record of which ones. I would hate to incriminate a rightful owner.

I have little confidence that my knives will be recovered, really. A few that I am listing are identifiable, but the majority are not. And I have come full circle back to being thankful for what I have left, including my health. I obviously interrupted the thieves when I returned early unexpectedly. Damage to my computer (now repaired with a new monitor and keyboard) shows me that. Plus the other items they left behind. That includes my revolver. I could well be posting this from the hospital or my grave now. A few days ago a forum member was attacked, beaten and stabbed on his way home from work. He's fine now but compared to him I am golden.

And too, forum friends have been most generous and helpful. Even a kind word of commiseration goes a long way for a guy who feels like he has been kicked in the gut. As much as I miss the knives and other stuff taken, I am proud to have such friends as I have in the knife community and here on these forums. I will continue to post identifiable knives in this thread as I discover which readily identifiable ones were taken.
Michael

Codger,

What crappy news. Our house was hit a few months ago (likely heroin addict) and even with insurance, it's still not any good as large deductible and rate increases. We've decided to just eat our loses.

The worst thing is the loss of security. Lingers.

Good thoughts your way. Really crappy news.

Thanks pinnah. You know how I feel then. My dollar value loss just went over seven grand today. My hearing aid? Why in the hell would they want that? Do you know how much those puppies cost? I did have one of the first ever 15OT made, new in it's Sears Ted Williams vue-top box. And I had a like new Everlast tungsten carbide bladed Walden hunting knife. Like I said earlier, every day more items are counted gone. Still.

2rxtqj6.jpg

I have little confidence that my knives will be recovered, really. A few that I am listing are identifiable, but the majority are not. And I have come full circle back to being thankful for what I have left, including my health. I obviously interrupted the thieves when I returned early unexpectedly. Damage to my computer (now repaired with a new monitor and keyboard) shows me that. Plus the other items they left behind. That includes my revolver. I could well be posting this from the hospital or my grave now. A few days ago a forum member was attacked, beaten and stabbed on his way home from work. He's fine now but compared to him I am golden.

I feel for you Codger. The entire experience just keeps on giving as I have been there also, a few years back. It's basically the grieving process accelerated. I still get a little bitter when I look back and see the items taken and the associated personal memories tied to them. Then I ground myself, as you are doing, and realise that it can be much worse. I can't sugar coat that this doesn't suck though. :(

Among the items taken and rifled through was my PA display. They took it down, pocketed the knives and coonfingered the PA cans on the rack to chickeneye them for hidden money. I just found them this morning, right where they dropped them on top of a partial checkbook from a long closed account. I just turned it all over to Officer Friendly for fingerprinting. The flat metal of the store display rack and cans are most likely to take and hold prints according to the investigating officer. And if they try to pass forged checks they will be on candid camera. If caught and convicted, I'll see if the local PD will turn their heads while I kick them in the huevos. Fire I am pretty sure is out.

:)

Back