I do have users

There was a time that I'd have offered you a great deal but now I want them all!!!

Seriously, I don't even have six yet.

Also because I'm tired of seeing knives I sold show back up on the exchange a short time later with a jacked up price, I think I'm just going to jack up the price myself or sell on eBay.

There was one folder on the exchange not long ago for about twice what I sold it for to a guy that was begging for the knife (and a deal) and swore he was going to keep it. So that guys off my list, and it made me rethink selling in general.

I should really go full bore on pricing and then give the difference to young local college girls to help them through school.

PLEASE!...........Sell me a SHBM, user or safe queen me dont'st care either way! Nice batch o' users!!

There was a time that I'd have offered you a great deal but now I want them all!!!

Seriously, I don't even have six yet.

Also because I'm tired of seeing knives I sold show back up on the exchange a short time later with a jacked up price
, I think I'm just going to jack up the price myself or sell on eBay.

There was one folder on the exchange not long ago for about twice what I sold it for to a guy that was begging for the knife (and a deal) and swore he was going to keep it. So that guys off my list, and it made me rethink selling in general.

I should really go full bore on pricing and then give the difference to young local college girls to help them through school.

I have had the same thing happen to me often.

As for the young college girls, I'd like to do that to, but mrs cobalt might not like the idea, I'll have to ask.

Also because I'm tired of seeing knives I sold show back up on the exchange a short time later with a jacked up price, I think I'm just going to jack up the price myself or sell on eBay.

I've seen a lot of guys lately make a gentleman's agreement --- where the buyer will agree to offer the seller first right of refusal if/when he decides to sell it (at either the same price or a "reasonable" cost+).

It makes a lot of sense to me, and sounds like a pretty good idea overall. The only problem is when you offer it back to the original seller and he says he wants it, but cannot afford it "just yet." There would have to be some clear cut lines on how long you should have to wait. Some guys can float 500 dollars easily, others cannot.

Also, I don't think the above should ever apply to a knife listed for sale on the exchange, but could very well apply to an unsolicited offer to buy. In other words, if I list it for sale, I don't have any say in it's future. But if someone pursues me to let one go, I don't mind setting some gentlemanly contractual obligations :D

Seems like it could help with the "flipping???" (especially with the rarer Busses.) I've felt guilty before having multiples of something that others wish they could have just one of --- but it's a drag to let them go and realize it wasn't really that precious to the "beggar" as they said it was.

Just a thought...

(and NO, I'm not suggesting that anyone is badgering me about selling anything in particular! lol)

(and NO, I'm not suggesting that anyone is badgering me about selling anything in particular! lol)

I smell a covert reference to Porkducci and an Uncle MoFo here. ; )

Ya know...as a Busse noob, I don't have a problem accepting a "first refusal" clause on anything I buy...even if it's on the exchange. I've seen a lot of instances where people are having to sell things they wished they could keep because of money issues. Regardless, though, if the buyer wants "first refusal," even if it's not in the sale thread, I'm cool with it.

Moreso, maybe people should include that in their threads...especially for knives special to them, regardless of whether they're old or new.

I haven't sold a Busse yet, but I've had one on the market for a little while. I started off asking a little more than I paid for it, and now I'm asking somewhere around the knife plus what shipping and insurance cost me.

I don't mind the capitalist thing, but it's important to be reasonable.

J

I smell a covert reference to Porkducci and an Uncle MoFo here. ; )

J

Nope. When it comes to Randucci, I do the buying and he does the selling. He seems to have everything that i want (major HOG, in a good way!) :thumbup: And don't even get him started showing his folders :)

My fault. I meant Resinguy. ; )

D'oh!

You hogs all sound/look the same to me. ; )

Here's a really funny confession:

When I first made the jump from Rats to Hogs, all the old timers were using old Jerry pics for their avatars.

I really thought everybody in Hogdom just looked that much alike --- it was wierd, like they were all brothers or something.

It wasn't until after I met Jerry at my first Blade show that I realized what was going on, lol :D :D

Do they get a regrets warranty? :p

More importantly, is JohnTheTexican reading all this stuff about regrets warranties? :D

Just to be clear. I'm badgering Eli.

He has something I want!!!!

Nope. When it comes to Randucci, I do the buying and he does the selling. He seems to have everything that i want (major HOG, in a good way!) :thumbup: And don't even get him started showing his folders :)

I guess I'm going to have to start badgering Tony about a Mean Street before he lists them for $1400 each on eBay. :D

Cobalt,

Hey you can help my college girls. You wife won't have any problems with that.

I can send pics of there errr graduation exercises.

I have had the same thing happen to me often.

As for the young college girls, I'd like to do that to, but mrs cobalt might not like the idea, I'll have to ask.

You know that we just can't afford for both me and the wife to travel, so I guess it will just have to be me, and we can go help those college girls with their homework. I like giving back to the community. Giving is a pleasure with me. :thumbup:

Back