I HATE KARAMBITS BUT.... CRKT PROVOKE CASWELL DESIGN NEW VIDEO PG 10

Nick's been reviewing knives, watches, flashlights for a while, now. Probably one of the best known edc reviewers on YT.
uoyAlpWm.jpg

Can you condense his 21 minutes of rambling into a few sentences?

Nick always rambles but this particular review is really funny! I listened to the whole thing in background while doing other things on the Net, which is how I generally listen to his and other long winded reviews.

The good: He likes how well the knife is designed and made. The bad: The only use he thinks the knife is any good for is to cut carpets.

1st tidbit: He knows everyone will say that it's a karambit and designed for SD. Quote: "I believe that the very best knife SD tool is a pair of running shoes." [LOL!]

2nd tidbit: Quote: "The very best use of a karambit style knife is as a carpet knife. That's why they are shaped that way." [Huh?]

3rd tidbit: He really likes the way the knife can be quickly deployed. Reason? When the client is returning and you're just finishing up laying the carpet and see a tiny bit of carpet that still needs to be cut, you can whip out the knife and cut it in seconds. [Dumb]

The entire "review" reads like a radio comedy script and, as with most comedy routines, the thing that makes it "funny" is the irony of the situation and the sarcastic way it is described from the comedian's point of view. It's funny if you "get it" (even if you don't agree w/his POV) but not if you don't.

In this case, while Nick raves about the quality of the design and the construction of the knife but he is also dismisses it as a niche knife that he really doesn't understand the need or use for anything other than for carpet cutting. So, IMO, Nick's review of the Provoke is entirely meaningless because he has absolutely no understanding of how to use a karambit and cannot properly assess its usefulness for that purpose.

One of (if not) the worst knife review of Nick's that I've seen and/or heard but funny nonetheless.

Last edited:
So, IMO, Nick's review of the Provoke is entirely meaningless because he has absolutely no understanding of how to use a karambit and cannot properly assess its usefulness for that purpose.

... yeah, but he literally says as much several times during the review. That he's not a karambit person and doesn't train for self defense with a knife or carry one for that purpose, and that he's reviewing it because it's a cool mechanism and someone sent it to him. My favorite is him repeating that it will be great for all your karambit-ing needs. :D

All right, the first batch of 25 from Millit is out... 35 more coming this week. Somebody's got to have theirs in hand already. Spill the beans.

Back