I have decided to Test a $350 Plus STRIDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noss,

How bout destruction test of a Busse. If you do manage to break one, they'll replace it no questions asked. Great videos btw :thumbup:

K-Bar Warranty from web site Warranty and Return Procedures Limited Lifetime Warranty If at any time your knife fails to perform due to manufacturer’s defect, we will replace the product with the same model or the most similar model to it from our current product line.

There was no manufacturer defect it used until it broke ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Are Cold Steel knives guaranteed?
We stand behind our knives 100%. We subject them to the highest standards in the industry and strive to make each one as perfect as possible. Right now our return rate for defects is one half of one percent! This is remarkably lower than the industry standard. While we are growing in popularity, and producing ever larger quantities of knives, we are determined to never forget that we live or die by a single word, QUALITY.
Our fixed blade sheath knives have a 5 year warranty to the original owner against defects IN materials or workmanship. Our folding knives are likewise warranted for 1 year. If you ever have a warranty problem with one of our knives, please return it with your original receipt and a short note and we will be happy to evaluate the problem and resolve it.

Again warranted. Against manufactures defeats. There were no manufacture defects.It was used until it broke.

But if it makes every one happy I will return the Cold Steel and the k-Bar with
a letter about the test.I will post the letter on the forum And see if they make it good. I will make copy's of the UPS return slips and post them on the the Forum.

If Strider sends me a second Knife I'll test that one as well And if I break it well call it even.The Company will have full filled it's promise.

Attention seeking behaviour.

As has been said before, you can break anything.

But, by the way you are writing, it seems that you are just going to abuse the knife in ways a knife was never meant to be used, in order to break it. Then see at what point it breaks (sledge hammer hit, etc.). It seems you are intent on breaking it.

This doesn't prove a thing.

I will use it until it fails or I fail.It is whole point of the test. I almost wasn't able to break the cold Steel Bushman. It wore me out almost before I was able to finish the test.

The test is between the Knife and the user Will I break down or will the knife break down.

That Josh would offer a free knife for this... er ... test, speaks volumes of Josh and Strider.

That it would be refused, speaks, also.

Good grief. Comes a point where I think of something someone once said:

It says that I want to test the knife my way. No company input.
I'm a consumer just like you and I want to know what I am buying.

Test Test TEST. I love your tests. The CS Bushmaster really left me impressed, and as with the strider test, i will either be left impressed or disappointed.

Yes it will fail, all knives will fail eventually, i just love to see if it happens in the first 5minutes or 50... Does the tip chip or bend, this is crucial performance data on hardness and malleability-

I am thankful you do these for everyone... and anyone who cant understand that... may find their are many things they don't understand in life...

Test Test TEST. I love your tests. The CS Bushmaster really left me impressed, and as with the strider test, i will either be left impressed or disappointed.

Yes it will fail, all knives will fail eventually, i just love to see if it happens in the first 5minutes or 50... Does the tip chip or bend, this is crucial performance data on hardness and malleability-

I am thankful you do these for everyone... and anyone who cant understand that... may find their are many things they don't understand in life...

Thanks for the support. It's about you and all Blade Forums users. If you like me or not.

As has been said before, you can break anything.

You can also blunt any knife if you cut long enough, corrode any steel if subjected long enough, and basically cut any material with any knife if you provide enough force. So by your logic it is not informative to do any cutting, edge retention or corrosion tests.

I almost wasn't able to break the cold Steel Bushman. It wore me out almost before I was able to finish the test.

The Bushman is a medium carbon steel, tempered for toughness. The impact toughness is actually easily 10x that of the high carbide steels, especially stainless. This ratio is directly representative of the amount of energy needed to induce failure. You will find that if you subject high carbide steels like S30V to even mild impacts in comparison they will shatter like glass because that is exactly how they compare to steels like 1050.

What is Strider’s warranty?

I broke a WB some years back, attempting to demonstrate actual tests that Strider used to promote the knives, heavy prying, chopping/stabing concrete, etc. . You can read Mick's reaction in the reviews. I would suggest that you take Strider up on their offer simply because it gives you a second data point and thus you can bound your results, or do different work. Nice video's by the way.

-Cliff

Hey Guys...

I think you may have already voided the warranty by stating you are Intentionally going to try snapping it in the vise...

But, Hell Go for it...

I wish I had money to burn like that.. LOL

Next thing I want to see you do is drain the oil from your car and run some Slick 50 through it,, will be interesting to see just how far you get before you blow the crank...

Slick 50 has some type of warranty to I believe...

Wheres Cliff when you need him?? :)

ttyle

Eric
O/ST

Funny, I didn't see these comments about the Kabar or Cold Steel.

And I don't think ERDept needs to be telling other people about attention seeking behavior after he offered to kill a dog in the middle of a park to prove he wasn't afraid of dog attacks. Easy for me to remember, I started the thread where it came up.

Funny, I didn't see these comments about the Kabar or Cold Steel.

And I don't think ERDept needs to be telling other people about attention seeking behavior after he offered to kill a dog in the middle of a park to prove he wasn't afraid of dog attacks. Easy for me to remember, I started the thread where it came up.

Focus on the topic, not me.

Thank you for staying on topic. I guess I'll never live that one down. But you are slandering me and taking that post remark, out of context. I said that if mace didn't work on a dog, and it was attacking me and the owner could not call it off, someone had to kill it. It was a mistake for me to say that. That is over with. But you continue to bring it up, which causes me to address it. Stay on THIS topic, i.e. Strider knife testing and the person testing it. Additionally, you are putting words in my mouth. I never said that I wasn't afraid of dog attacks. I am very afraid of them.

I have to redirect you again. The discussion was whether mace would work on a dog. I poffered to test mace publicly to see if it would work on a dog, not because I was afraid of a dog attack. You are creating untrue events and misconstrue many things. Again, this was a mistake on my part and I went overboard. Remember the, discussion was whether pepper spray would work, and there were so many polarized opinions on this. I am an animal owner and lover (chow and cat). This discussion previously was whether a large dog trained to attack could be repelled by pepper spray. Again, sorry to bring this up, but I don't appreciate the slander of hardheart.

You are implying that I wanted someone to bring a dog to a public park in order for me to kill it because I was scared of a dog attack. This is untrue and you are creating a lie.

You are bringing up a non related post in order to attack me.

You have to understand that people will have differences on opinions about everything, but let that stay at that level. A discussion. Don't lie about people and take it beyond the level of discussion.

Now we are talking about this topic though. Were you the person who threatened me too? It worked. I started carrying my gun with me everywhere I went.

Still do, yes, illegally, but to threaten me is illegal to. If this was you, I'm now very paranoid, because someone (you?) could not merely talk and dicuss ideas and have dissimilar ones, to the point of threatening me. But I am ready.

What are you talking about, did someone email a threat? You should see if someone can check it against registered emails here. Getting heated about such discussion is one thing; making threats, especially over an animal, is quite another.

I think that may be in violation of some law now as well, with legislation about electronic harassment.

You can also blunt any knife if you cut long enough, corrode any steel if subjected long enough, and basically cut any material with any knife if you provide enough force. So by your logic it is not informative to do any cutting, edge retention or corrosion tests.

The Bushman is a medium carbon steel, tempered for toughness. The impact toughness is actually easily 10x that of the high carbide steels, especially stainless. This ratio is directly representative of the amount of energy needed to induce failure. You will find that if you subject high carbide steels like S30V to even mild impacts in comparison they will shatter like glass because that is exactly how they compare to steels like 1050.

I broke a WB some years back, attempting to demonstrate actual tests that Strider used to promote the knives, heavy prying, chopping/stabing concrete, etc. . You can read Mick's reaction in the reviews. I would suggest that you take Strider up on their offer simply because it gives you a second data point and thus you can bound your results, or do different work. Nice video's by the way.

-Cliff

Cliff Thanks for the feedback.I 'm sure you no all about knives much much more then I'll ever know ? But I don't go by what a knife manufacture claims. I find it interesting on your web site you also chop concrete and hammer the blade. The only difference here is I video it and will perform cutting tests to the end of the test to see how well it will hold up.I will not resharpen the blade. out in the field few people will have access to a belt sander.

As I said in my very first test There is talk and there is video proof.

This is what this is Forum is all about debate, suggestion ,Information.

I l love your site keep up the good work.:D :thumbup:

You will find that if you subject high carbide steels like S30V to even mild impacts in comparison they will shatter like glass because that is exactly how they compare to steels like 1050.

-Cliff

Cliff, have you done any testing you've put on your site that shows that kind of results with S30V? Thanks.

Those knives didn't cost $400, so it was okay to break them. But, when you pay $400 for the toughest knives on the planet, you aren't... supposed to... use them hard? Or something. I dunno, maybe the best test is to see how long it can sit in a safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back