I just got my Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter knife in, and it's AMAZING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a bittersweet emoji. That's how I look at it now. Definitely had some times. It's the friends and my dog I miss the most. And the sunrises and breaking ice to set decoys, and breakfast at 2:00 AM and a blue sky with 20 mile an hour north wind with high vees of hundreds of mallards ready to sit and on and on. Some very vivid memories in the banks, which I'm grateful for. It's helped me learn nothing is forever.

This just made me smile. Early morning drizzle, good wind and the birds coming in low. Breaking ice sucks, but is worth it. Frozen toes until the wings start cuppin’, then you forget all about the frozen toes.
Sunrise just as the flocks start filling the sky and your best buddies beside ya.
Wish the season wasn’t closed. Haha!

I disagree that you would be banned for doing these sorts of threads. Me? For sure! 😁

Joking aside, while he seems like an obvious troll, the mods are quite nobble and want to give the benefit of the doubt when at all possible. Like you said, he could just be a dumb kid who needs to learn and we shouldn't ban but rather try to correct folks like that. I believe the mod staff are giving him just enough rope here to do you know what. The last thread, it was pretty clear that he was on his last chance. Now this thread where he purposely goes just below the troll threshold of those other threads. While that seems nice, it actually confirms he knows exactly what he is doing and is in fact a time wasting troll rather than an enthusiastic dumb dumb. I predict a swift demise.

Could be wrong though! If he produces pics of him processing a bunch of game with his brand new knife, proving he isn't just a lying troll, I see no reason for a ban!!
Point taken. But when has he/she/it produced any pictures to go along with his brag? I need some coffee. Being too grouchy lol.

For all the mediocre CS knives you've bought, you could have gotten something of higher quality that is worth crowing about.

Nothing wrong with being excited over a new purchase. Nothing wrong with liking stuff that isn't super high end. Hell, I have packing around a little Watchmen/Brothers/whatever lockback that I bought on the Big River most of this week. 40ish bucks, good steel, puts my Case knives to shame. Doesn't mean I feel the need to manic-smash out a hyperbolic wall o' text over it.

For all the mediocre CS knives you've bought, you could have gotten something of higher quality that is worth crowing about.

Nothing wrong with being excited over a new purchase. Nothing wrong with liking stuff that isn't super high end. Hell, I have packing around a little Watchmen/Brothers/whatever lockback that I bought on the Big River most of this week. 40ish bucks, good steel, puts my Case knives to shame. Doesn't mean I feel the need to manic-smash out a hyperbolic wall o' text over it.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

I'm mostly just a duck hunter now at this point. I used to hunt deer, squirrels, quail, rabbit, turkey, and doves. Dove shoots are a thing of past around here. Wild quail hardly exist anymore. I'm also love catfishing and bream fishing.

I've hunted since I was big enough to keep up and that would make an absolute terrible bird knife. Truthfully I think it would make a terrible game knife in general, but there are definitely hundreds or thousands of better choices for game birds.

With respect, i think we can all take some constructive criticism without getting bent out of shape, the name calling can be avoided, on both sides, I just think we would like to see why you think the knife you mentioned is so good. Do you actually hunt? And some people here have used CS for hunting and EDC while outdoors. CS has filled a niche, but there are better knives for hunting. The “best ever” could be left out, while still telling about the virtues of knife you like.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

With respect, i think we can all take some constructive criticism without getting bent out of shape, the name calling can be avoided, on both sides, I just think we would like to see why you think the knife you mentioned is so good. Do you actually hunt? And some people here have used CS for hunting and EDC while outdoors. CS has filled a niche, but there are better knives for hunting. The “best ever” could be left out, while still telling about the virtues of knife you like.
Have you seen the other troll threads this guy has made?

Benefit of the doubt time has long passed.

Last edited:
Wow. Cold Steel just keeps producing the best knives for me and my purposes----hands down! I've been a hunter all my life, and the two hunting knives I've always had and have served me so well over the years is the Buck 110 and the Buck 119 Special. They are immortal classics that have stood the test of time. But, I gotta tell you that this Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter changes the game! Why is that? Well, with this knife, the ergonomics are simply incredible. I mean this knife just feels so good in your hand. It's incredibly comfortable, the steel is top notch S35VN, and the triad lock can't be beat, won't be beat! The knife is sharp as a razor, too! I love the shape of the blade too, even though the Buck 110 might be better for smaller game because of its tip. Still, the Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter is going to meet all of your hunting knife needs and then some.

To tell you the truth, after you get this knife, you're going to be like, who needs fixed blades anymore? It is strong, robust, tough, and it's going to take anything you can throw at it. And, the thing is this!!! This knife isn't just for hunting, you can use this knife as a survival knife as well, and an edc. This knife can be the end all. Is it better than my beloved Cold Steel AD 10? No, but you know what, it's easier to carry, and in some ways, it's almost like a mini version of the AD 10, but not quite. It's a bit different, but the way it's built reminds me of very scaled down version of the AD 10.

Highly recommended to anybody who hunts, fishes, camps, and hikes. It's a really great knife. Bravo, Cold Steel!! You've gone and done it again!

Keep shining brightly, you crazy, crazy diamond.

The entire fact that when posters have given the OP the benefit of the doubt because they may be young (including myself) and the OP does not confirm this, leads me to the conclusion that he is an adult just trolling and possibly shilling for CS.

The confrontational attitude and unwillingness to learn is off-putting.

The entire fact that when posters have given the OP the benefit of the doubt because they may be young (including myself) and the OP does not confirm this, leads me to the conclusion that he is an adult just trolling and possibly shilling for CS.

The confrontational attitude and unwillingness to learn is off-putting.
I think he is either a kid or even Stickman.

I don’t know. I had an ultimate hunter and it just seemed like a wish.com version of the AD-10 honestly. I don’t doubt it is capable, but just seems cheap feeling.

The most reads like an attempt at a hyping it up. Kinda cs style advertisement. Either has stakes in cs or is a troll. Since he keeps producing these threads it starts to lean to troll though.

The most reads like an attempt at a hyping it up. Kinda cs style advertisement. Either has stakes in cs or is a troll. Since he keeps producing these threads it starts to lean to troll though.
I don’t think he’s a troll or else he’d engage a bit more. I think he’s suffering from “shiny new toy” syndrome.. which affects all of us to some degree. Gets a new knife, thinks it’s greatest thing since sliced bread, newness wears off and finds another bright shiny object.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back