I just got my Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter knife in, and it's AMAZING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't handled one, but it looks like a well-designed, well-made, practical, heavy duty folder, something Cold Steel does extremely well IMHO. I'd prefer a FB for hunting, but it should work well for processing game, aside from getting gunked up in the crevices with blood/hair/fat etc.

Haven't handled one, but it looks like a well-designed, well-made, practical, heavy duty folder, something Cold Steel does extremely well IMHO. I'd prefer a FB for hunting, but it should work well for processing game, aside from getting gunked up in the crevices with blood/hair/fat etc.

It is all those things. I agree with you, though, about FBs for hunting. 👍

I don’t think he’s a troll or else he’d engage a bit more. I think he’s suffering from “shiny new toy” syndrome.. which affects all of us to some degree. Gets a new knife, thinks it’s greatest thing since sliced bread, newness wears off and finds another bright shiny object.

This is my headcanon, until it's proven wrong, or the banhammer is administered.

What's the best Cold Steel knife for stabbing through car hoods? My last CS knife was a Stockman Jr and it didn't turn out very well.

iu

You don't have to wear MOLLE gear while using it, but it does add +10 Penetration.

I honestly don't know what to think, anymore. BF gets a lot of spam, shills, Instagram Celebrity wannabes, and the like, so it's easy to brush somebody off, and think they're either just here to troll, or harvesting internet points for their own portfolio.

At the same time, any community needs a steady supply of new members to replace us grumpy old rocking-chair dwellers, and it's tough for me to tell the difference between honest enthusiasm and somebody who's trying to be the next Nutn'.

I don't own a rocking chair.

I love my CPK’s. But there isn’t one offering from CPK that would make a good bird cleaning knife, which is what the OP claims to hunt.
Maybe CPK will create the “waterfowl shiv?” 😁

I don't know much about waterfowl. I thought that the EDC's might work for waterfowl but IDK.

I was doubting the OP original post about the AD-10 until.....I actually picked up a Max Scout. Holy smokes this thing is BEEFY and incredibly overbuilt but somehow in a well designed way. Here I thought my Sebenza's were workhorses but these knives take it to another level! The Max Scout is just a tad bigger and heavier than I need but after holding one in hand and seeing how the mechanism works and the craftsmanship, I have to say I'm now 98% inclined to agree with all his "clumsy enthusiasm" about the Hunter and the AD-10 just on the mere facts they were designed with Demko and the Tri-AD lock is pretty insane.

Now waiting on the OP pics. :cool:

This is my headcanon, until it's proven wrong, or the banhammer is administered.

You've got to admit though, he generates a lot of posts and to be honest I find many of them even more laughable than the OP, in both the bad and the good way.

Wow. Cold Steel just keeps producing the best knives for me and my purposes----hands down! I've been a hunter all my life, and the two hunting knives I've always had and have served me so well over the years is the Buck 110 and the Buck 119 Special. They are immortal classics that have stood the test of time. But, I gotta tell you that this Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter changes the game! Why is that? Well, with this knife, the ergonomics are simply incredible. I mean this knife just feels so good in your hand. It's incredibly comfortable, the steel is top notch S35VN, and the triad lock can't be beat, won't be beat! The knife is sharp as a razor, too! I love the shape of the blade too, even though the Buck 110 might be better for smaller game because of its tip. Still, the Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter is going to meet all of your hunting knife needs and then some.

To tell you the truth, after you get this knife, you're going to be like, who needs fixed blades anymore? It is strong, robust, tough, and it's going to take anything you can throw at it. And, the thing is this!!! This knife isn't just for hunting, you can use this knife as a survival knife as well, and an edc. This knife can be the end all. Is it better than my beloved Cold Steel AD 10? No, but you know what, it's easier to carry, and in some ways, it's almost like a mini version of the AD 10, but not quite. It's a bit different, but the way it's built reminds me of very scaled down version of the AD 10.

Highly recommended to anybody who hunts, fishes, camps, and hikes. It's a really great knife. Bravo, Cold Steel!! You've gone and done it again!

Lynn, you sold the company. You don’t have to do this anymore. Take up fishing or something.

At least this time he didn't proclaim it the best. OP, if your other threads had been more like this (providing your positive experience without stating "it's the best!"), don't think you would be getting so much flak.
Flak is what trolls live on…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back