I tried and couldnt break the Buck Marksman Photo Heavy

Makael

Loving wife, kids and life.
Gold Member
I decided to purposely dispose and destroy the Buck Marksman. I started by dropping the knife.

No damage and worked fine. So I decided to try tossing it.My son wanted a try so he threw the knife about 50 ft down the road. Lol

My neighbor wandered over and wanted a turn at trying to destroy the knife. Brett took about 3 side throws. Similar to how you would skip a rock across water.

We have this large rock in our yard. Perfect target. Roughly 15 to 20 ft. 3 times.

Rock dropping 4 drops from aprox 48 inches

Continued.......
Couldnt break it on the rock so we decided to throw it at the fence half a dozen times.

Knife was pretty rough. I decided to put it under the wheel of my Ford F250 on the concrete and turn the steering wheel full lock left then full lock right. The pocket clip gave it up on this test. Notice the mark in the sidewalk.

The damn kept working after the concrete grind. I back up and put it under the wheel again in the gravel and did the full lock grind left and right. In the rocks.

I thought it had finally gave it up. But nope. lol

Here it is after all that.

After this torture test. I took the knife in the garage and looked everything over. It was slightly tweaked but still operated. I dont have the right tool to adjust the G and G lock. All I could do is take some slop out of it by backing off the screws in the strap and pulling it back then tightening again. Knife work pretty dang good and still locks up when closed and open. I tried to get the lock to fail and couldnt. I have a new respect now for this knife that costs right around 125.00. Tough as hell and I cant imagine what it would take to break it. Nice job Buck.
More pics.

This was a rush Review. Hopefully the pics and story blend together ok. Im packing up to head to Billings MT for a couple days and was in hurry. When I get back Im going to hit Jeff H up in the warranty dept. LMAO.:):):):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Seriously though. One hell of a knife. Took a beating beyond what could be duplicated as an EDC. I cant believe the knife still works. Awesome....!!!!!

Buck does a drop test on new models. Both in the closed position and open. A total of 9 drops at 3 different heights.. I wanted to test beyond what is normal. I'm pretty sure this knife is just about as tough as they come. Yes the strap needed to be adjusted by the end of it all but that is to be expected. Yes, the pocket clip screws broke but dang. I ground it into the sidewalk under the tire of a F250 4x4. . lol We threw that knife up and down the street repeatedly. Threw it against the fence repeatedly, Other that pure abuse I don't know if it will break.

Take care of that cut, (picture 2) it looks infected. Can't believe you did that to the poor knife.
Knife test was to see just how tough the Marksman is. The cut on my wrist will be fine. Thank you though. I cut it handling some windows and got caught on a weld. When I pulled away it tore into my skin a couple days ago.

The knife will live in my truck for the rest of its days. I dont know if I can get the screws out on the pocket clip. lol

Or I will throw it out of my sunroof of my car going 80mph thru Montana. Thats the speed limit. Go back, pick it up and see if that will break it. Its a 550 mile drive to Billings with lots of open highway.

I wish I could work for them.

Im gone for a few days but I think I will offer this knife up for other members to look at and pass along. Feel free to put it through its paces. Be fair and treat it like a red headed stepchild. Im curious what all this knife can put up with before crying uncle.

Just dont purposely end it too soon. Ill set that up when I get back. If people want to get in early just send me your shipping info. I would love to see multiple stories from everyone and lots of pictures.

Hilarious! Personally I’m a big fan of the Marksman and I really like the locking mechanism. I think it’s something you take to or you hate. My SK version is my EDC and I just can’t seem to not grab it when I’m walking out the door.

From all I’ve read I think this knife is one you either love or its too different but I’m happy with mine.

I read the other thread where someone dropped theirs and it malfunctioned and it must have happened like they said but I always kinda wondered how the world aligned to make that failure occur.

Anyways... great read and great pictures. I enjoyed your torture test. Thanks for the laughs!

(I also ordered the June BOTM this morning. My first BOTM purchase.)

Back