I tried and couldnt break the Buck Marksman Photo Heavy

That was interesting. I wonder how long it would have stood up to throwing it into that fence? I have messed up fixed bladed doing that.

Send it my way. :D

tn_us-csx-train-and-track_01.jpg

Thats a good one.

Hope this helps anyone if they are considering a Marksman. Cool EDC flipping machine. The Tanto is my favorite version. Im not a Tanto guy but the blade shape works for me. Maybe if I rounded off the point just a tad it would be perfect.

Thats a good one.

Hope this helps anyone if they are considering a Marksman. Cool EDC flipping machine. The Tanto is my favorite version. Im not a Tanto guy but the blade shape works for me. Maybe if I rounded off the point just a tad it would be perfect.

when ya have to reprofile just sharpen like its one edge Sir rather than two edges. it will round off nicely over time. I do it often as find the rounded edge is more useful for me than the two edges.

Somebody needs to split some bullets on the blade.
I've split "a few" bullets on an axe head at the Buckskinner Rendezvous.
I've never tried splitting them with a knife blade.
That might be more of a challenge than lighting a wood kitchen match at 100 yards with a .22 or my muzzle loader.
Thanks for the idea. :D

I could see an ax, there's more meat to absorb the shock. A knife blade would shatter. I have done the old master padlock test with a .243 and a 7mm mag. You wouldn't believe how many padlocks disintegrated, but the master was the only one that stayed locked, you could yank on it and it would open but it was the only one left on the board and we had about 4 different brands and sizes...

I don't think a knife blade could handle it...Plus the on edge profile of an ax is a lot wider than a knife.

I didn't make it up. They do it once in a while on "forged in fire". Lots of the blades had no damage at all. Some just a chip, none failed. Looks like they use a .45 acp at about 25yards.

I didn't say you made up anything, I was talking about the Marksman, not a hammer forged knife? I would like to meet the guy who could hit a knife edge with a .45 auto, maybe not...Ha!Ha! I have shot a lot of .45 acp and I am fairly good at it, but there is no way that I could hold a pistol freehand good enough to hit the leading edge of a knife. I believe you, but you know, TV? Ratings...

I don't want to say anymore and derail the thread, some other day and other thread we can continue...ok?

Don

uuummm yah... that will not be covered by warranty. :p:D:p:D
The forged and firehave the gun in a fixture with laser sights

OK, that explains the accuracy... I would like to watch that type of show, but usually everyone has some sort of nickname, usually doesn't match the personality, and it's a timed competition, just film it over a period of time, like a week, then show it. To me, those type of shows are prone to extending the truth and results...

uuummm yah... that will not be covered by warranty. :p:D:p:D
The forged and firehave the gun in a fixture with laser sights

Jeff, I have a question for you; When Buck used the logo of the hammer and nail how many knives did you get in with a big chip in the blade? Not trying to downplay the Buck name or Quality. I just can imagine how many people went out with their new Bucks and started pounding them through steel with a hammer?

Thats a good one.

Do they do this handle version on a non tanto?

Wow that's a heck of a torture test! Thanks for sharing. I was looking at buying one and was not settled on if I like the lock or not but that moved the dial a bit. I did just order a Vantage Pro small so excited for it to arive.

Wow, that's some test! I'm glad you did it. It makes me feel a lot better about my Marksman. I haven't been giving my Marksman as much love as it deserves. After seeing this thread yesterday, I dug it out of the drawer it's been sitting in for months. I always felt like I was doing something wrong when opening it, because half the time it didn't lock when I used the flipper. I also noticed in YouTube videos, and most recently Buck's video on Facebook of the current Buck of the Month Marksman, that when the blade is hanging there it moves freely. Mine never did that. So I decided to loosen the pivot pin just a smidge, and it's like I woke up a beast! The knife felt brand new. Loosening the pivot pin just ever so slightly made a world of difference. It feels like every other Marksman I have seen on video. I've fallen in love with this knife again, and it was all because you tortured yours. :D

Is it just me, or does the Marksman kind of look like a seahorse when held vertical? o_O

Wow, that's some test! I'm glad you did it. It makes me feel a lot better about my Marksman. I haven't been giving my Marksman as much love as it deserves. After seeing this thread yesterday, I dug it out of the drawer it's been sitting in for months. I always felt like I was doing something wrong when opening it, because half the time it didn't lock when I used the flipper. I also noticed in YouTube videos, and most recently Buck's video on Facebook of the current Buck of the Month Marksman, that when the blade is hanging there it moves freely. Mine never did that. So I decided to loosen the pivot pin just a smidge, and it's like I woke up a beast! The knife felt brand new. Loosening the pivot pin just ever so slightly made a world of difference. It feels like every other Marksman I have seen on video. I've fallen in love with this knife again, and it was all because you tortured yours. :D

Is it just me, or does the Marksman kind of look like a seahorse when held vertical? o_O
I didn't feel good about the punishment that knife was under but I can tell you I feel good about what it will take a beating and keep on ticking. I want to send this knife out as a pass around. I will try to get the screws out and put the clip back on first. If they are stuck I will send it without.

What a waste of a great knife and money. All the people that would love to be able to afford that knife and you trash it for shite and giggles.

Back