I want a 4 Max....

I have worked up enough money to get one but am having second thoughts. It would be much appreciated if someone can share a photo of it next to a code 4.

I suggest that you wait for the made-in-Italy version. Alternatively, you can call up a retailer with stock like Knifeworks and ask them to look over the knife before shipping. A lot of them seem to be oversharpened at the base of the blade, creating a mild recurve. That's something I can't stand. A knife this expensive shouldn't have so many issues. Cold Steel probably switched production to Italy because of poor quality so it doesn't really make sense to buy the US-made version. Of course, I did buy the US-made version because I found one at a good price. And it didn't work out.

I want one too and I'm crazy enough that I'd probably EDC it, despite its size and the fact that I have a desk job.

At that price I'd just be too scared to carry it - not because it'd break but I'd probably misplace it.

Planning to compromise and get the new CS SR1, the poor man's 4MAX

I'll stick with the incredibly strong SR1. And didn't Mr Thompson say that's the one folder he would want in a survival situation?

Back