Ideas for odd/unconventional folders?

Cool! What will be the shipping charges to get it to LA? :confused:

I don’t know. It seems like the only places I can find it are real steel’s home page where it is 75$. Then I can find it on a finnish knife page for 60$ plus about 15$ shipping. The only other place is ebay.

Cool! What will be the shipping charges to get it to LA? :confused:

Btw I haven’t seen any fakes of these out yet so you should be pretty safe buying off ePrey.

I often peruse the sites where fakes are found to keep up to date on which knives to look out for.

Btw I haven’t seen any fakes of these out yet so you should be pretty safe buying off ePrey.

I often peruse the sites where fakes are found to keep up to date on which knives to look out for.
A wise move. The bay is where I saw it today. 2 left - $60 ea. with free shipping.

Since it is so new, I figure it will get into the better dealers soon and for a better price than the MSRP. Besides, I have other stuff in the purchase conveyor. I should have my first L.T. Wright waiting for me when I get home tonight. Got one of their very last Coyote knives to be found anywhere. Held off buying at Christmas, and they went and discontinued it this year. :eek:
Luckily, the Kershaw guy still had one with elk scales! Wouldn't have been my first choice but I was running out of options! lol Besides, it should hold me until my very similar custom shows up from Dave at Horsewright. He estimated a couple of months to get it done so I'm expecting it any day now.

So many knives, so little cash reserves

First knife to be imported directly from the Klingon Empire.

Check out the ugly knives thread for a few other klingon knives.

Idk what the deal is with the g5 metamorph front flipper. It supposedly came out some time in 2017 but no american knife sites seem to be stocking it. It seems to be fairly hard to come by. I would say if there is the colour that you like and it is only $60 then I don’t think it is going to get much better than that. Supposedly they are supposed to release a high end Ti framelock version called the S5 soon.

Also please note that it is a front flipper, not a regular flipper tab knife.

Check out the ugly knives thread for a few other klingon knives.

Idk what the deal is with the g5 metamorph front flipper. It supposedly came out some time in 2017 but no american knife sites seem to be stocking it. It seems to be fairly hard to come by. I would say if there is the colour that you like and it is only $60 then I don’t think it is going to get much better than that. Supposedly they are supposed to release a high end Ti framelock version called the S5 soon.

Also please note that it is a front flipper, not a regular flipper tab knife.

Ya, I noticed it was a front flipper. I like my flipper knives but I only have one other one that is a front flipper. It is a Kizer Feist. Jury is still out for me on front flippers.
I figure the metamorph will show up on some other sites. It was supposedly released in Nov, 2017. But few US dealers would have been buying then IMO. Most would have ordered the bulk of their stock earlier for the Xmas season and were trying to push out what they had. Not too likely for them to stock a new knife released in Nov. Now that we are through the January sales and inventory reductions etc. I bet some more dealers will add it. That S5 sounds interesting. Will have to investigate that one a bit more.

I own, but have never bought, a few Rough Riders. Now I might need a Toad Sticker.

Dan of Bazz, is it substantial enough to slice an apple?

Thanks for all ideas! Added some to my future ”toget”-list.

Bought a Carter Prime, CRKT Swindle and a Reate District 9 for now.
The Carter Prime is a really great value. A simple design but very well constructed. Punches above its weight.

Last edited:
Dan of Bazz, is it substantial enough to slice an apple?

I would think it can do that. Particularly if you are slicing off sections and not going through the core. The strength of the blade is edge to spine, not side to side. I have not used the knife so I cannot confirm any real world experience.
However, the knife when I bought it was marketed as "Melon tester". No mention of Frog sticker anywhere. That being said I would think it would open up a small honeydew just fine. Don't know if that helps you any. It may help to know, I paid $11 for it shipped.

I don't know if others will consider it odd or unconventional, but I do.

Kinda neat, though.

SP-C177GP.jpg

I don't know if others will consider it odd or unconventional, but I do.

Kinda neat, though.

SP-C177GP.jpg
What model is that? Love the cleaver-look.
I saw that Gerber is dropping the model Flat Iron this year... will definatly pick that up considering the low price aswell.

Blade Tech

EcotPdF.jpg

Cool but ugly! Will def check it out! Thanks!

The Buck Marksman has been calling to me lately. It seems like a unique flipper. It’s certainly unique for a Buck. It’s right in your price range, too. The Strong Lock System reminds me of my beloved ring lock knives.
yBrle.jpg
yBtbk.jpg

Been looking at that model and got it on my list. Looks sturdy and cool. Whats special with the lock system?

CRKT Fulcrum 2 is quite fun with almost passable steel. You have to sort of slide the scales apart then snap it back together.

Su88nis.jpg

00qDXjL.jpg

Nvbv2aG.jpg

Nice one! Does it yet feels robust/well built... or a gimmick bound to fail with time? Will check it out! Thanks!

Been looking at that model and got it on my list. Looks sturdy and cool. Whats special with the lock system?

The Marksman has an adjustable strap lock that hooks on to a notch on the tang. I have some budget folders with similar locks, but on mine the lock is pinned to the handle. It’s a reliable design and makes for a sturdy, hard use folder. Unfortunately, the tension diminishes through use over time. On the Marksman, you can readjust the tension when needed to restrengthen your lock-up.

Back