1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

If you could only have 1

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by luethge, Jul 16, 2019.

1. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    I used to think it was my ASH 2 but then I got this REK'ed TGLB and it's now my new "If only one" knife. It should do everything that needs done that a situation where I can only grab one would be called for it to do: deer processing, wood prep, fighting, prying, etc. It won't do big wood prep, but that's why I carry a Silky Gomboy folding saw in each of my bags.

20190725_093253 (2).jpg

Took it out to hang trail cameras and clear shooting lanes for the upcoming bow season. Love this knife.

20190825_151508 (2).jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
  3. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    EXCELLENT choice Brother!!!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

WatermanChris likes this.
  4. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2001
    The one that started it all for me, Basic 9.

Can you hear me now? Lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    Man, that 10" JackHammer sure looks great!!!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Apocryphiliac, Will York and lmcq784 like this.
  6. ced38

ced38

Dec 2, 2016
    [​IMG]
    my forsaken mistress for me

7. ced38

ced38

Dec 2, 2016
    I've got one and I agree with you!

BeastClaw likes this.
  8. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    I would have to choose one of the Boss Street variants or Park Ranger models. They are perfect edc size and something I could legitimately use all the time. I don't live in the middle of the woods, so I don't need something hefty. Just need something I can wear on my belt that is small enough to hide under my t-shirt.

9. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    That's a nice knife, and beautiful scenery! :cool:
    Welcome to BladeForums!

WatermanChris likes this.
  10. Private Klink

May 30, 2017
    +1 to that^^^!:cool::thumbsup:

11. ced38

ced38

Dec 2, 2016
    Thanks!

12. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    #85 has been with me every single day since delivery from the epic B8LE thread request and order fulfillment :thumbsup:...

that is besides when I-- immediately after delivery-- sent her over the mountain to get REK'd @razor-edge-knives for a couple weeks...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

she's with me every hike and riding shotgun every mile I ride in my Tacoma, so I guess, if there's gotta be one, it's her :)
    [​IMG]

soakin in some late winter sun with her Res C sisters a few years back...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gorshi, Leonardo63, tuica and 10 others like this.
  13. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    I know I've been threatening to have your mods copied for a while, but now that you posted pics of your design notes, I'm seriously going to just send a link to this post to Josh along with my B8LE. :p

ScoMa, tuica, MR HAPPY and 6 others like this.
  14. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    ;)The question asked a thousand times.... still the same answer ASH-1 , of course...

15. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    From Busse.... That’s Easy. My Gladius

luethge likes this.
  16. ipal

ipal

May 5, 2009
    it will be the old school Hellrazor for me

fkctrjt121, duramax, luethge and 2 others like this.
  17. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    A solid choice there, ipal. Solid.

IF I had a Mud Razor, perhaps my ASH-1('s) would have to step up their game(s) some. Possibly look over their shoulders now and then, ya know? But seein' as I don't actually have a MR, their primacy would be safe.

ipal likes this.
  18. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    IMG_1108.jpg

Some folks around here mistake an ASH for a boat anchor. Those folks suggest a good Badger as the "One Knife." Which Badger you ask? Any Badger they answer!

duramax, ipal and luethge like this.
  19. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    That SOB is amazing!

Kenneth F Huls likes this.
  20. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    luethge: Very kind of you to mention her and even kinder to use such an adjective. I thank you.

Bought the Prototype and upon handling I liked it but didn't like it - you know? I thought about it a lot before I started slow grinding her. No such hesitation with the sandpaper, though! The "brickwork" texture was not my cup of tea at all. So I started right in on my home hand-shaping job as per usual. I like my handles a good bit thinner than Busse seems to like them, which is odd as I am not small at 6'3" etc, but there you are. THIS handle job ended up different, though. Not only did I thin the scales and deepen the contours, but the huge, fat "belly" on the SOB handle was not working, either, so I ground her way back to "normal" as well.

Unable to control myself, I wanted to "match" the Badger as a pairing to my Skinny ASH, which was also black Micarta and of similar finish with a "pretty decarb," :))) so I ground the pommel to match the ASH-1's pommel, too. I then ground in a full "user's choil" to match the ASH-1 there as well, and finally ground in a thumb rest, which I had also added to my Skinny ASH-1. A good bit of work, and of course I have destroyed the warranty, but I love her now, feel like she is perhaps unique, and I have bonded with the knife as one only can via modding. Thanks again! I will try to post a pic of the SOB and the Skinny together.

luethge likes this.