1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

If you could only have 1

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by luethge, Jul 16, 2019.

1. dman62

dman62 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Probably my Infi-Du. My ASH would get a serious look as well.

MR HAPPY and luethge like this.
  2. Blueoak

Blueoak

May 12, 2015
    The SHBM.

Or every ONE in my collection....they are all keepers. It hurts when I sell them.

3. MR HAPPY

MR HAPPY

Jan 2, 2017

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  4. CookieRawwr

CookieRawwr Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2014
    The last Rites looks like it has a Hell Razor handle, and I really like my Hell Razor 2. I'm not sure if its skinnier or the same but I wish I had one of them.

WatermanChris and MR HAPPY like this.
  5. JackHammer

JackHammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I do get a lot of use out of my Boss Jack but if I had to go with only one, the ASH-1 would get the nod. P7220001 (2).JPG

6. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    ASH-1....skinnier than fat....

WatermanChris and luethge like this.
  7. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Sweeeeeeet blades !!!! I really like the scales on that ASH-1 :)

JackHammer likes this.
  8. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    I agree! :cool:

9. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr

Jan 6, 2012
    Tglb, black N tan handles Grey blade..... My unicorn

10. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    I just scored a boss Jack in that combo. Very nice!

duramax and WatermanChris like this.
  11. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Sounds like a good looking combo

12. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    I’ll put up a pic later

duramax, WatermanChris and luethge like this.
  13. JACKMANDU

Feb 10, 2019
    7DBBD5F6-4078-488A-968A-2DC36E7F9AB7.jpeg 460AD691-2ADB-415B-9CC4-5D4048ABCDDD.jpeg BOSS Jack BG Black/Tan g-10, Tanker grey.

14. duramax

Nov 29, 2012
    JACKMANDU likes this.
  15. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Quite obviously late to this party (so late that it looks to be over actually), but I cannot resist my attempt to answer "THE Question." Any discussion about knives, let alone Busses, always seems to end up leading to this one question.

Lots of great knives listed, but I think one has to define the parameters of "the one knife" question.

If the point is simple, pure pride and pleasure of ownership/possession, then sure, one can go with the one knife that gets ya' goin' the most - Battle Shark? Huck Finn? MOAB? Shiva Rex? (why not small?) - whatever floats your boat the most.

But if the question is what is the one knife that you would pick if you could only have one for general survival or wilderness use, then the answer might be very different. It might be a knife that doesn't even get your knife collectin' juices flowing in the slightest, but on a practical level presents the best "one knife" answer.

Me? I am most attracted to knives that provide a good potential answer to "the knife, if only one, for general survival/wilderness use?"

For me the answer is ASH-1 all the way (pick your flavor - they are all good)! (runners up: NMSFNO and HOG Badger - can't go wrong with either of those as well!)

duramax and luethge like this.
  16. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    duramax, Currawong and WatermanChris like this.
  17. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    The OP/thread owner approves - Nice! Thank you - and thanks for the cool pic :thumbsup: I will see about posting a pic of my 3 shortly!

luethge likes this.
  18. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    luethge likes this.
  19. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Hi, Chris! Those are the OP's knives. But maybe he scored from you, too?! The NMSFNO score from you I am trying to post along with my HOG Badger stripper and Fat CS ASH-1. Terrible at this and just can't seem to compress the pic enough.

20. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    I love the NMSFNO! Might be taking that one with me to the grave..

WatermanChris and Kenneth F Huls like this.