1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

If you could only have one Spyderco knife? (Ended up with 2)

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by CellerDrummer, Jun 13, 2012.

1. CellerDrummer

CellerDrummer

Aug 7, 2011
    Only one ?? You allready have multi-tools , fixed blade hunting and fishing knives covered...This Spyderco would be the one that you set on the nightstand when you go to bed,,put in your pocket when you wake up every single day...As a daily carry this knife will also double as back up defence to a CC handgun..You also will NOT use this knife at work..... Just an everyday carry, casual dress,,camping,,canoeing,,hiking and defence...Your buget is around $100.00 and THANKS..
    CD

Edit--Forgot to add..Your favorite blade length with no laws..

EDIT---I chose two for the price of one...First one was a Gray Endura 4 VG-10 , plainedge, full flat grind blade....My second choice was a Black Delica 4 VG-10 plainedge saberground blade..These are brand new and both were $112.00 shipped...A fullsize larger blade and a smaller blade that are practically twins..Thanks everyone..

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  2. AF

AF Hobbyist Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 14, 2000
    The Para 2 or the Mili. Depending on how long a blade you want. And which lock you prefer.

3. spydusse

spydusse

Dec 14, 2010
    My cf zdp stretch, budgets are meant to be broken ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  4. mley1

mley1

May 6, 2010
    PM2, or Millie if you like a bit longer blade. I personally like the Millie and have been carrying one edc here lately. Even though its a fairly large knife, it rides in a pocket well. It is lite in weight, lighter than many knives smaller in size. Plus it is a very strong design. And it slices very well for a large blade.

5. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    I would add the Sage in case you are in a location where the Para 2 is too long for the laws where you live.

I chose the Para 2 for my EDC and I'm considering buying either the Mili or Sage to add to it.

6. mley1

mley1

May 6, 2010

I have a Sage 1. I like it a lot also. In areas where the larger size of the Millie is not appropriate the Sage is perfect. I have used mine quite a bit in an office setting for food prep and so far nobody has raised an eyebrow. That may be because most everyone knows I carry when I can.

7. HuntBomb

HuntBomb

Sep 18, 2009
    Sage of course :)

8. bulgarian_djigit

bulgarian_djigit

Feb 6, 2008
    Para-military 2 of course :D

9. Shadow213

Shadow213

Jan 5, 2005
    I already have the one Spyderco knife that interests me and that's my Military. I would list the Para 2 as a close second but the Military is what rides in my pocket while at work or at play.....and I don't care what anyone has to say about that 4" blade.

10. ChrisB507

ChrisB507

Mar 29, 2005
    Caly 3. Then maybe the DragonDelicaChapSage.

11. nyddde

nyddde

Oct 31, 2010
    Para 2 hands down

12. philwar

philwar

Mar 27, 2009
    Military - with a tip-up conversion.

13. gooeytek

gooeytek

Jul 12, 2011
    for that price range, its hard to beat the Military or Paramilitary 2. Also a special mention to the Stretch ZDP.

14. hank_rearden

hank_rearden

Jun 7, 2002
    military in s90v.

15. Abaniko

Abaniko Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Lava!

16. Talley1013

Talley1013

Oct 15, 2010
    Millie for me.

17. stebolicious

stebolicious

Apr 16, 2012
    I would easily pick the Manix 2 XL. biggest blade for your money, great steel. takes a scary edge. solid cage lock.

18. Billy516

Billy516 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Millie without a doubt. I have them in M4, BG-42, D2, M390, XHP and S30V, and I have to say, for one all-arounder, I'd probably pick one of the S30V models. Just a great EDC and all-rounder.

19. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    My Military in CPM440V.

20. eternal10

eternal10

Dec 28, 2011
    Sage II definetly