If you could only own 3 knives for the rest of your life...

8-inch chef: one of Miyabis or Tojiros will do

fixed camp knife: I have one that was gifted to me that I like. No clue who made it. Mora companion or similar

3-inch folder: native 5/delica 4/Sage/chaparral

Last edited:
These 3:

V23YOL.jpg

Hey Wasty,
I like your choices of knives from the BK line - I agree those are really great blades. Please don’t feel offended, but I picked your post out of several to comment on this issue: I was kind of SHOCKED to see so many people are selecting a Swiss Army Knife ... I’m just commenting on my surprise and confusion as to why so many people in this thread would choose a SAK over a Leatherman. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hi Iron,

I have several multitools, (Leatherman, Gerber, Victiorinox) and they come in handy sometimes, but for me, they don't actually belong into the category of knives.

Besides that, the quality and of the SAKs I own is just amazing. I have 20yo SAKs that are as good as new, as I usually don't abuse them or use them that often.
They dependably work when they need to work.

Last edited:
I like simple and cheap, an 18" Tramontina or Martindale latin machete, a big stainless 8-10" chefs knife Victorinox or similar, and a no. 7-10 Opinel.

Hi Iron,

I have several multitools, (Leatherman, Gerber, Victiorinox) and they come in handy sometimes, but for me, they don't actually belong into the category of knives.

Besides that, the quality and of the SAKs I own is just amazing. I have 20yo SAKs that are as good as new, as I usually don't abuse them or use them that often.
They dependably work when they need to work.
Understood. SAK's are definitely a classic - I'm glad they're working for you.:)👍

Back