If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by VicAlox74, Oct 9, 2019.

  1. marchone

    marchone Gold Member Gold Member

    Mar 13, 2013
    Compact
     
    Chacap and jmh33 like this.
  2. marchone

    marchone Gold Member Gold Member

    Mar 13, 2013
    .
     
  3. David Nowlin

    David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

    Jan 17, 2018
    Swiss Champ Plus. A Swiss Champion minus the saw.
     
    jmh33 likes this.
  4. Tx308

    Tx308

    53
    Dec 30, 2014
    As of right now I'd have to say Fieldmaster especially since I put some new grippier scales on it. The super slick original scales were the biggest turnoff to me but when I found out about aftermarket scales I picked up the Fieldmaster and haven't been without it since.
     
    Ace Rimmer, jmh33 and Grateful like this.
  5. JaxBaron

    JaxBaron Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

    777
    Jul 4, 2016
    Another vote for the field master. Use to love the Huntsman but the cork screw feels uncomfortable in my hand when using the knife. The Phillips on the field master eliminated this problem.
     
    Ace Rimmer, jmh33 and Grateful like this.
  6. allenC

    allenC

    Jun 18, 2000
    After carrying various SAKs over the last couple of months, I have to amend my answer...

    If I only had one SAK model to carry forever, it would be...

    The Victorinox Explorer.
     
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Storm 8593 and jmh33 like this.
  7. allenC

    allenC

    Jun 18, 2000
    Swiss Army Knives are maddening!!!

    I just can't pick one SAK for all time!

    Now I'm back to considering the Deluxe Tinker and the Fieldmaster.
     
  8. Welshie12

    Welshie12

    11
    Jan 15, 2020
    I don't think anyone else has said my choice but a ranger. It's like a huntsman but with a file/hacksaw on it. Not much thicker than a huntsman but I find the file really useful. I've carried mine for the last 6 months or so and it's seen quite a bit of use. Carried a huntsman exclusively for years and always felt it missed a file. I have a handyman but thats a bit too thick for me to carry comfortably the pliers add quite a bit of bulk to it.
     
    WalkTheEdge, allenC and Grateful like this.
  9. Jonny D

    Jonny D Gold Member Gold Member

    432
    Jan 25, 2014
    I go between the climber and compact but I’ll give the win to the compact because I’ve carried it nearly every day for the past 6 years or so. Makes a great companion to my maratac aaa in copper that I’ve carried just as long and are always clipped together.
    [​IMG]
     
    WalkTheEdge, allenC, jmh33 and 4 others like this.
  10. tew3006

    tew3006

    130
    Mar 12, 2012
    I would have to pick a alox farmer.
     
    Storm 8593, Pomsbz and jmh33 like this.
  11. WalkTheEdge

    WalkTheEdge

    44
    Dec 14, 2019
    Tinker. 95% of what I need to get through most of my days, and I carry 2 other knives for the other 5% (one for digging around in the dirt and one for emergency situations and larger cutting jobs). That's an impressive ratio I think.
     
  12. Onebigbill

    Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

    814
    May 21, 2019
    If it were made it would be a Cadet with scissors. Anyone out there doing that mod?
     
    jmh33 likes this.
  13. WalkTheEdge

    WalkTheEdge

    44
    Dec 14, 2019
    Interesting. I see where you're going with that.
     
  14. MarvinTMartian

    MarvinTMartian

    1
    Friday
    If I could only have one: My Explorer Plus, in sapphire
    But my most used is a Cadet,
    And my most carried is either the Cadet or a Mini-Champ,

    Honorable mention would go to the humble Floral Knife. I have probably six or seven, some have been re-profiled to a double-bevel, some not. All are razors, and handy as heck in my garden/greenhouse for veggies and such. Great box cutter too.
     
    allenC likes this.

Share This Page