If you had to take one knife to war

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the first clue as to what combat would be like but I'm pretty sure I'd want a fixed blade, and since I'd have a fixed blade and I wouldn't want to carry more stuff than I'd really need, I'd probably not mess with a folder. So my Busse TGLB and that's it.

clampdaddy: What about chucking in a multi-tool, just for general utility? I'd go with a fixed blade for fighting, too. All that stuff about skill & precision might be true, but it's something you can also do with a solid blade that can handle some force/torque/torsion/leverage (or whatever else it could be called). Plus, you might need a pry bar of some sort.

This is easy.

For my fixed blade, the Knife-Gun:

knifegun.jpg

For the pocket knife, a Victorinox Classic, so people won't think I'm compensating for something with the Knife-Gun.

I think I'm the only guy here that would go Russian (or Soviet), ha ha! I'm a little suprised by that, since there's a lot of hard-use stuff from there that is very multi-functional as a tool or as a weapon.

Not the only one. Motherland hears, the Motherland knows...

clampdaddy: What about chucking in a multi-tool, just for general utility? I'd go with a fixed blade for fighting, too. All that stuff about skill & precision might be true, but it's something you can also do with a solid blade that can handle some force/torque/torsion/leverage (or whatever else it could be called). Plus, you might need a pry bar of some sort.
Sounds good to me. Then I'd take a big Leatherman

If you look at the statistics of World War II, then less than 1% of injuries sustained by soldiers of the Soviet Army, were from the cold weapons, including more than half of careless handling of weapons by the soldiers themselves. Others soldiers - from bullets and bomb explosion.

Last summer, in the battle for the hill Saur-Grave of the Donbass (strategic hight ground. About 200 km. from my home) was the largest melee battle. Rebels defending Saur-Grave, fighting with small infantry shovels. Ukrainian army could not seize the high ground.

All other big battles of this conflict have won those who have the advantage in tanks and artillery (Debaltsevo Ilovaysk, Izvarino).

Knives Glock little help to the army of Ukraine.

Rebels are using any knives. I have many friends among the rebels.

Small infantry shovels are very popular in Russia, they often carry in the car, as in America baseball bats.

On the Russian forums in polls about the knife on the war often wins here this pair.

Sorry for my English. I got used to three times of a verb, and their fourteen. Or sixteen? It is impossible to understand why?
925b46560fed.jpg

85371f16b1b5.jpg

Last edited:
Rostovsky: Glad to hear I'm not the only one that likes the Russian output (phrased that broadly for a reason). I feel a strong pull toward the Slavic lands (I'm Ukrainian, myself), but I'm worried that coming from America will get me in trouble. Not to come off stupid, but I figure broad trends will lead to broad presumptions (with good reason). Oddly enough, it's some of those broad trends that have me looking to move in the first place! When you talk to those rebel friends of yours, please pass along my support & applause as well as my condolences for all their hardships.

I would like to talk about these & a few other things further (if you want), but it might be good if we were to send private messages- as further "political conversations" might be an issue to discuss on the open forum. Come to think of it, I don't know too many sites where it's not somewhat against the rules (it's done anyway, of course & sometimes it's fine- I just figured I'd mention it ahead of time).

I'm guessing those idealistic beleaguered rebels shot down MH17 by mistakenly throwing one of those infantry shovels at it...

Gaston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back