If you like the 0452 will you like the 0450

You'd think its the other way around though.
The 0450 is available in DLC.
The 0452 is not. Everyone says the 0450 is a "gentleman's" knife.
Doesn't the DLC eliminate this? Yeah, 3.25" blade, which I find daily useful for most urban tasks.
I generally agree with this, although I really don't find ZT's designs to fall within the category of "gentleman's knives". I have several ZTs and do like them, but, to me, they lack a certain refinement that would qualify them to be included in that category. I tend toward knives like the Mnandi, Al Mar Falcon or Hawk, or lionSTEEL Round Head or Shuffler for my gentleman's knives--something a little "prettier" with a more discreet opening method.

In the case of the 450, I too think DLC isn't very gentlemanly. ZT's offerings for the two companion models are a bit confusing anyway. Was there a limited run of 450s with satin blades and CF to match big brother 452? It would seem more logical to me to have a regular production 450CF identical in features to the 452CF.

I've been using a 450cf for about 8 months now. Just bought a 452. The 450 is a bit too small in the handle, I'll eventually take it apart and shave down the bump at the rear of the handle.

If the knife was built around a 3.5-3.75 inch blade it would be closer to perfect. The 452 is probably too large, but we'll see.

As an Edc the 450 is a nice size, light and I put the deep carry clip on it so it checks all the boxes except for the handle. I still like it and carry it daily, and the floating pinky isn't tge end of the world, just irksome.

A bonus point is that it is much closer to a gentleman knife than my Griptillian, which looks huge by comparison but has a better length handle.

Back