If you lost a Sebenza in the Birmingham Area, I found It

Birmingham, Alabama area that is....

I found a Sebenza a couple of years ago. I attempted to track down the owner by posting in the Usual Suspect Forums, took an add in the classifieds of our local paper and left a description at the local police department in case anyone called (the police advised that they would put it in the property locker and throw it away after a year, so I didn't hand it over and they acted like they didn't want it).

I also contacted the local (and only) store that sold Reeves Knives in Birmingham (Mark's Outdoors) but they hadn't sold that style of Sebenza in some time and didn't record names when they did.

I put the Sebenza in the gun safe and forgot about it. I registered on Blade Forum Yesterday and then happened to see the Sebenza sitting in the safe, thought about trying one more time.

If you lost a Sebenza in the Metro Birmingham area, email me the type of Sebenza and the suburb you live in or the suburb you think you lost it in (just to confirm) and I will get it back to you.

Thanks,
Chuck

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums - and this is a great story - thanks for being such an honest person and a person with some real character.

best regards -

mqqn

For the slightest second, I honestly had the thought of getting myself that Sebenza, pretending that I lost it.

Lol, anyway, good luck finding the owner.

Do sebenza's have serial numbers? or any markings so crk could identify the buyer maybe?

Very honorable and respectful gesture on your part.

Please do not divulge too many more details about the knife as to avoid people with intent opposite your own.

Welcome to BF and hope you decide to stick around.

I thought I had lost that knife forever after losing that a couple of years ago in just that area. You can tell clearly that it's mine because it's a frame lock.
Thank you so much and if you'll arrange to ship it to me I'll be happy to pay the shipping cost, upon receipt of knife. I'll p-mail you my address so you can send that knife out tomorrow and again thanks very much.

I thought I had lost that knife forever after losing that a couple of years ago in just that area. You can tell clearly that it's mine because it's a frame lock.
Thank you so much and if you'll arrange to ship it to me I'll be happy to pay the shipping cost, upon receipt of knife. I'll p-mail you my address so you can send that knife out tomorrow and again thanks very much.

7566170526_53ec20b41d_b.jpg

this world could definitely use a few more peole like you chuck.

would be great if the owner can.be reunited with their sebenza. hope to see you more around in bladeforums

Good on you.

I have lost my fair share of knives in my life.

Several were not returned when I lost them at work (small, tight knit company....still some dishonest people!).

I had one particular knife I could not loose! I must have dropped it 30 times (the pocket clip was a very poor one).

It kept coming back.

Once I lost it in the snow. A guy approached me about a week later, and handed it to me. I did not know him, nor did he know me. He said "I found this, and I remembered seeing the clip and top of your knife in your pocket as you passed me one day. I was hoping to run into you again."

Part of my hopes the owner doesn't come forward; you deserve it for coming forward like this. Welcome to BladeForums!

The owner probably threw it away with disgust after enduring a lifetime of extreme dissatisfaction.

I doubt someone would willfully own something for a lifetime that continually disappointed them...

ahh you found it, i lost it over here in australia and tidal currents drifted it to that exact spot.... strange huh!

but in all seriousness more people like you should exist, thats very faithful of you, im a big beliver in karma so no doubt something good with come your way! dont know if old mate above was serious or not if his is wow whats the chances!

Back