If you lost a Sebenza in the Birmingham Area, I found It

Once I lost it in the snow. A guy approached me about a week later, and handed it to me. I did not know him, nor did he know me. He said "I found this, and I remembered seeing the clip and top of your knife in your pocket as you passed me one day. I was hoping to run into you again."

Reminds me of how I got my first Sebenza. I was in town going about my business when a man stopped me and handed me a small Sebenza 21. He said "I've been looking for years for a man uglier than myself to entrust this knife to. It is yours until an even uglier man crosses your path."

Reminds me of how I got my first Sebenza. I was in town going about my business when a man stopped me and handed me a small Sebenza 21. He said "I've been looking for years for a man uglier than myself to entrust this knife to. It is yours until an even uglier man crosses your path."

Haaaaaa, I really hate to say this line but I laughed out loud reading that. Glad I wasn't drinking something, well played sir.

Honestly that knife is yours. Posting ads in classifieds, reporting it to the fuzz, etc, etc. If someone hasn't claimed that sucker by now... lets just say the good karma you put out by being honest has rewarded you right back.

I'm glad I started my day reading this thread. Awesome first post and above and beyond cool of you!

Welcome to Blade Forums! :thumbup:

Very good of you to look for the owner. I say it's yours by default now but great of you to still try and find the owner.

Guys, thanks for the responses. I think that someone would do the same for me (I hope). I lost an Emerson Commander at Shotshow 2007 (it might of been 2008). I had carried the knife for a long time and was sick that I lost it. The next day, I marched to the Strider booth and bought a SMF. That SMF has gone every where with me for the past 4 years, I would be sick if I lost it.

Keens, no serial number that I have found, but it is unique. I checked with the shop selling them in Alabama (only 10 of those type sold in that store but they couldn't remember who they sold them to).

Godot, I need a little more than that (LOL).

Knifemaking 01, that Sebenza has gotten around. I feel compelled to bring it back to Australia personally!!!!

Guys, I'm a big believer in Kharma, I would love to return it to the owner. I've had some harsh luck lately (have to buy a new air conditioner and might have some mold issues in my house) and could use some positive Chi! I am blessed though (my family is healthy and I'm working)!

You better hope we never meet. I think I might have a new Sebenza. :D;)

Pretty cool of you! I thought this generation had no hope...guess I could be wrong!

If you don't find an owner how about a contest?

Welcome to BFC and kudos on your ethics.

If you haven't already, you might try contacting CRK and seeing if they can remember a customer relaying losing one in that area.

The knife is yours now and I think you can carry and use it in good conscience knowing that you tried to locate the owner.:thumbup:

Welcome to Bladeforum and thank you for your integrity!
Like common sense, integrity doesn't seem to be too common these days.

You've definitely gone above and beyond in trying to find the owner.
I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of that knife!
Thank you for the best thing I've read on the internet today!

Kudos to the OP for going beyond the call of normal expectations.

Just an FYI.
There's only one of these to my knowledge. I won it at Blade in the Knife Rights drawing.
If any of you bastids find it, that means I lost it, and I want it back! :p

P1040925.jpg

You know full well that Moose will have stolen it from you so just ask him for it back if it goes wayward. :p

And that's a perfectly splendid show from CCMcD, I say the knife is yours untill you find the original owner. :thumbup:

Kudos to the OP for going beyond the call of normal expectations.

Just an FYI.
There's only one of these to my knowledge. I won it at Blade in the Knife Rights drawing.
If any of you bastids find it, that means I lost it, and I want it back! :p

I agree with Wizzard. If this post doesn't bring out the owner, it is yours, use it with out guilt. On the other hand, if anyone found a regular Sebenza in Seattle. I can give details. :(

Guyon, nice Sebenza! Guys I appreciate the kind words. I'll be honest, I just couldn't bring myself to carry it because it would remind me of that Emerson I lost.

I'll give this post a couple of weeks to see if someone contacts me and then I'll go from there. Maybe I should look at it as the knife gods sent me a replacement!

Chuck,
You sir are a good man! I've lost knives over the course of my life. Some inexpensive and others were very nice … For me personally, just the fact that you’ve gone through the trouble that you have to reunite the blade with its rightful owner, I’d happily bestow ownership to you. It’s not my knife but if it were and I lost it, I’d happily transfer ownership to you. You are a good man and I believe that you will give the blade the attention and maintenance that it deserves. This story makes me happy in that there are still good people in this world! You’ve done all you can. At this point it’s yours!

cudos to you for doing this,I can't imagine losing a knife like that.I 've lost one Spyderco at a job and had to ditch another one in the trash at another job (zero wepeans,metal detector upon exit)

Back