1. Washington action alert - Spring blade knife ban repeal thread. Hearing is Tues, Vote is Friday, let your voice be heard!

I'm out of the loop, how are Quartermaster today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by sogflash, Jan 13, 2020.

1. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I think that Quartermasters "think tanks" are full of you know what ...

2. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I got married in Driftwood about ~10 minutes from the facility and in the middle of the ceremony a black hawk hovered overhead and Jared + a few operators fast roped down to give their congratulations on our nuptials. True story!

JJHollowman, palonej, Quiet and 4 others like this.
  3. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    I'm waiting for their Mr.Furley

OMG...they DO make a Mr. Furley! I was joking when I wrote that but I've since found it's real. They're even more pathetic than I first thought.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    JJHollowman and cbach8tw like this.
  4. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    Some Metal doesn't show up on tests
    [​IMG]

JJHollowman and Mecha like this.
  5. Mecha

Mecha Titanium Bladesmith Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013

That must mean...Quarterm5ster is in league with the Disney Syndicate! :eek:

Is there no bottom to this rabbit hole?

6. 017

Mar 31, 2016
    Perhaps someone at the China factory has changed their last name to American.

In all seriousness, does Quartermaster even have a website, because I can't find it.

7. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    It appears they vanished.

8. Rhinoknives1

Rhinoknives1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 1, 2013
    The Fortune Cookie was invented on the West Coast of Merican ether in Oregon or Los Angeles depending on which folklore you like! A way to get more customers coming back! So! A Merican made knife coming to a Fortune Cookie near you!:D

skyhorse likes this.
  9. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    I don't believe anything has changed since 2017

Not bold claim. Proven fact:
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ou-have-proof-i-would-like-to-see-it.1504447/

Please note posts 3, 4, 20, 23, 67, and 72

10. skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    I wonder how the retailers still selling Quartermaster knives can continue to do so when the company has apparently vanished ?

Mecha likes this.
  11. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Thank you. That led me to finding that the parent company is Copiousity LLC. It was typed in the forum as LTD but it is actually LLC.

Link to their Trademark App showing QTRMASTR is registered to Copiousity Limited Liability Company: https://trademarks.justia.com/858/64/qtrm5tr-85864785.html

https://www.importgenius.com/importers/copiousity-llc

https://portexaminer.com/trade-data/wayeah-knives-tools-co-ltd-copiousity-llc/amigsa36l64504/

***EDIT***: Sorry, I missed that these links were posted in the original thread knarfeng linked. But here now for convenient reference I guess.

12. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    They're made in China, except, apparently, the ones sold by KnifeCenter. o_O

JJHollowman, Quiet, evilgreg and 2 others like this.
  13. skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    If you look at the specs from Blade HQ , Country of origin is mysteriously missing.

14. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    It might well be a case of old stock. I can't imagine they're exactly flying off the shelves.

benchwarmer380 and skyhorse like this.
  15. HappyDaddy

HappyDaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2013
    BHQ, New Graham, GP, all either stopped selling them or changed the country of origin info to stop calling them USA made. KnifeCenter refused to make any changes and continues to claim they're USA Made.

benchwarmer380 and jux t like this.
  16. skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    Being as you can't find the company with a search warrant , I guess the Unlimited Lifetime Warranty has vanished along with the company ?

17. Mecha

Mecha Titanium Bladesmith Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    Gotta have top secret clearance to gain information with a speed that high and a coefficient of friction that low. Slicker'n goose shit, one could say. Or even "slippery." o_O

18. Unicorn161

Unicorn161

May 20, 2008
    As a buddy put it, "high school cool."

JJHollowman, Mecha and Eli Chaps like this.
  19. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    From an older thread, showing the roper knife being made on the same machinery as a We knife [​IMG]

The Whip and WValtakis like this.
  20. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    "Hey folks,

My name's Jared. Just checking in to see if everyone's forgotten about my scam yet? Thanks
    ."

No, we didn't.

JJHollowman, Yo Mama and WValtakis like this.