infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick around. Read some posts and get a feel for the place. It's easy to not accrue demerits here. My advice would be pretty much what I tell everyone (and myself) - ask more questions than you make statements and think twice as long as you think you should before you say something.
...I should probably learn to take my own advice more ;)

The other thing is that written communication is just about the worst possible way to interact - it's always too easy to misinterpret things. That means here my above advice counts twice as much.

Hang around - talk to people and learn a heap. Pretty soon nobody is going to care about this.

if i don't get apologized to first then i wont apologize, especially since my end was a misunderstanding and his was a rude attack. i think the only people who need to man up are the ones who telling me too. i get that he's friends with many of you and is highly known on this website and that's why you defend him, but if you were to actually read my end and understand where i'm coming from maybe you'd agree with me. this whole thing has set me off bladeforums and i will most likely not use it again unless its on a different account. i honestly feel that i'm in a concentration camp when on these forums. the rules are to strict and having to pay for a membership especially when its so expensive just to have your account banned is unacceptable. i guess ill be going to a forum where they support the freedom of speech and don't act like children when someone says a "potty" word i thought you had to be over 18 to use a buy a knife?;) seeya!

May I suggest next that you post somewhere a very derogatory statement directed at a guy named Spark. This will hasten your expiration date!!!

See ya........................

May I suggest next that you post somewhere a very derogatory statement directed at a guy named Spark. This will hasten your expiration date!!!

See ya........................

may i suggest that you stop beating the dead horse and get off this thread thank you.

please stop being sarcastic, if you want to offend me feel free to email me and we'll talk there.

please stop being sarcastic, if you want to offend me feel free to email me and we'll talk there.

If you use this as a rough draft it may help. Then you won't feel so bad here. Or you can just close this thread. Just mind your Ps and Qs and you'll be fine. This would be my suggestion. This is a big deal because your making it a big deal. Correct your mistake, and move on.:D

(Rough draft)
I apologize to the mods, spark, and everyone on blade forums, I made a mistake being new to the forums. I have learned, and in the future I'll do better. Please accept my apology.

Pantherguy,

Since you are now posting "drive-bys" about our being clingy to our forums, guilty as charged. Some of us have paid memberships and others are registered users that contribute huge amounts of information, collegiality to the forums. What us "clingy" guys have is skin in the game. You should try it some time.

The fact that you did not know he was a moderator cuts no slack (at least with me) as it indicates that your intuitive response is combative to anyone that you are not happy with. In an earlier post, I though that you would not apologize as it is not in the nature of folks like yourself. This attitude will not serve you well in future interactions.

PAW

Yeah - what Krav said. Most people have said their piece and moved o, but every time someone replies the thread gets brought to the top of the front page. You can close this thread yourself, it will eventually fall off the front page and out of everyone's memory. There should be an option at the bottom or under threat tools.

I would make a public apology and close the thread - and then go and visit the mods profiles involved and speak with them with a visitor message or private message.

Keep in mind too, even though they aren't the ones with a thread questioning their demerits, a lot of kids are on this forum. They're generally well behaved, but aren't as well behaved when a member draws attention to themselves. You have to be 21 to buy a gun, but someone will give you a knife on your birthday when you're 8. They will continue to antagonize you while you're down and they see an opening because they don't know any better. Some adults see 4 or 5 kids doing it, which they assume are their peers, and they give in and take a jab. Lots of great members though - for example Greykilt who is trying to help offered to give a kid he didn't know a $100 knife last month just because he was begging for one. The kid ended up getting a knife from his family and didn't want to meet the criteria for accepting the knife (taking delivery from a retailer in his area that could verify legality and age/ parental consent), but ended up giving the knife away in a giveaway open to all forum members. Others are going to be more direct and stern in their advice, but they did take the time to try and give you an option.

Good luck PG, sorry to see your first impression become such a debacle - I hope it works out for you.

ETA-

"your intuitive response is combative to anyone that you are not happy with. In an earlier post, I though that you would not apologize as it is not in the nature of folks like yourself. This attitude will not serve you well in future interactions." - take heed to that. You just need to think twice and cut once. Being combative works well in a fist fight, but it never does any good in an Internet forum. It's up to you to prove members like Pwrful wrong if you want to stay (he's giving you good advice there). If you don't, you will have a hard way to go on almost any forum.

Last edited:
From my perspective you have two options, 1) Apologize to the mod(s) and continue to frequent this great forum that has many many great people with the best info about knifes on the internet 2) Close this thread and leave. Seems simple to me.

Just an FYI, if your seriously interested in knives you really owe it to yourself to get over it and hang around, no other knife forum compares to this place, just check out threads like this one and also know that Sal (the guy that started/own's Spyderco) frequents (and is a mod) here.

right now i have 40 points out of 50, so if i do something as simple as interfering with a exchange thread, or a mod thinks i'm "trolling" my account will be banned..
Don't sweat it, follow the rules and you are good to go, you have nothing to worry about. You came here because you had an interest in knives, now lets get on with knife interests, there is lots going on about it on here. No sense wasting time crying over spilled milk.

and this is the reason I think we should get rid of his kind of member ship.
maybe if he had a paid membership he would not keep running his big mouth.some people here don't like me because I love the clone knifes. you don't see any thread where - am cussing them out. they have the same right to have there say. do I hate them for it? no I don't

I was apologizing...
If you need this to go E-mail to tell me you're going to beat me up, don't bother. I am an old man, grossly obese at 5'4" and certainly incapable of being a bad guy. The last confrontation I did not run from was 50 years ago.

You called me on my post and I said sorry, something that comes from maturity. As you grow up you will realize this!!!

Please do not hurt me, I will sue!!!!

Gotta go see ya....

I was apologizing...
If you need this to go E-mail to tell me you're going to beat me up, don't bother. I am an old man, grossly obese at 5'4" and certainly incapable of being a bad guy. The last confrontation I did not run from was 50 years ago.

You called me on my post and I said sorry, something that comes from maturity. As you grow up you will realize this!!!

Please do not hurt me, I will sue!!!!

Gotta go see ya....
It was obviously a sarcastic comment aimed at me, i may be young but i'm far from stupid. Changing your original intentions of your comment and aiming them back at me is very disrespectful. i asked you to go to email not to be rude to you, i asked so you wouldn't further decay this forum with negative comments if you are truly sorry then ok. but i can tell you still plan on being immature bye saying seeya. time to stop

It was obviously a sarcastic comment aimed at me, i may be young but i'm far from stupid. Changing your original intentions of your comment and aiming them back at me is very disrespectful. i asked you to go to email not to be rude to you, i asked so you wouldn't further decay this forum with negative comments if you are truly sorry then ok. but i can tell you still plan on being immature bye saying seeya. time to stop

Another thing that is very useful here is a sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back