Inlay Sebenza warping falling out!!

xuWSJi7.jpg

Damascus Bog Oak carried for over a week and used to cut numerous things. The oak swells from sweat but dries out quickly

Used not abused!
When it’s passed down to my son do you think he will want something he seen me use and carry my entire life

Is it possibly something with the Spalted beach not getting properly stabilized?

Last edited:
Your photos literally made me laugh out loud.

Next use the blade as a pry bar and tell us how it went.

Well in his defense, he can use his knife how he wants.... and the inlays shouldn’t have come out, even using it the way he did. I carry an Inkosi with micarta inlays and I don’t baby it at all... I haven’t had them come out or warp, but this thread has me watching it more closely.

Honda137... Thanks for the pics..

I for one will vouch that spalted beech is totally crap wood and should have never been used by CRK for inlays

I literally laugh out loud when I read that someone purchases an $800 knife and just keeps it in a safe and just looks at it once in a while. I WAS the same way, I use a knife within reason as to not damage it.
We cut flashing with cheaper knives all the time it will just zip thought it a lot faster than snips.
Your comment about using it as a pry bar is so frustrating!
I use my knives as tools to cut

guys on the job didn’t think it could go though without damage.... it did and without damage.

I would say that it looks quite damaged actually. Your co-workers got the best of you. I am all for using the knives we own, or course, that is a given. However, using them properly, in the right way, is crucial to their longevity. Anyways, lesson learned I guess. Don’t misuse dressier styled knives in a construction environment, and they will last longer. If you were willing to stab sheet metal with it, I doubt you took really good care of it generally, and you probably did some other questionable things with it. I’m not surprised your knife is all scratched up and broken.

Honda137... Thanks for the pics..

I for one will vouch that spalted beech is totally crap wood and should have never been used by CRK for inlays

When I removed the inlay it just snapped, like a candy cane. Seemed very brittle

I guess those scratches on the blade are just bad photography.

And I must be in the minority of people who don't use a fine blade to punch through metal.

I use all my knives. I also don't take advice or instructions from my employees about using my expensive knives as hole punches.

I would say that it looks quite damaged actually. Your co-workers got the best of you. I am all for using the knives we own, or course, that is a given. However, using them properly, in the right way, is crucial to their longevity. Anyways, lesson learned I guess. Don’t misuse dressier styled knives in a construction environment, and they will last longer. If you were willing to stab sheet metal with it, I doubt you took really good care of it generally, and you probably did some other questionable things with it. I’m not surprised your knife is all scratched up and broken.

Actually those lines on the blade are from sharpening a pencil
I didn’t stab sheet metal, it was thin like paper thin flashing a knife will cut it easily

You can see moisture between the handles and the inlay closest to the blade is swelling near the pivot it’s not much just barely noticeable

Back