Inquiry about the Sibert162 Bushcrafter.

rlCanon: Great pics, what do you use the aircraft wire for on the bottom of the sheath? Also, I think I might've just mailed out a Gray taco sheath to ya...

I use it to make sure that the knife/sheath stays attached to my bike's bar bag where I can get to it when I'm banging around in the woods. That -is- me who ordered the taco sheath! Glad to hear it's on it's way. Your scout sheaths are amazing!

Godspeed,

Is the belt loop on the taco sheath removable? I've been looking for an easy way to front pocket carry my 162.

I use it to make sure that the knife/sheath stays attached to my bike's bar bag where I can get to it when I'm banging around in the woods. That -is- me who ordered the taco sheath! Glad to hear it's on it's way. Your scout sheaths are amazing!

That makes sense, a safety tether let me know how you like the sheath and thank you I'm glad you like them.

Godspeed,

Is the belt loop on the taco sheath removable? I've been looking for an easy way to front pocket carry my 162.

Hrael,

Sorry for the late reply been sick and working a lot... I'm not sure if you mean the stock or Kydex sheath.

Kydex, yes but I put Loctite on the threads so I'd need to know beforehand so I can skip that part of the process.

Stock, no and yes... it's riveted back to the main body of the sheath (from memory) but with a pair of scissors you could cut most of it off, it's got a plastic liner so it should be safe for pocket carry but a little thick. Hope this helps.

Eli

Ive beat the crap out of my 162 and it still doesnt need sharpened, I've never had a knife stay sharp this long. Brad

Ive beat the crap out of my 162 and it still doesnt need sharpened, I've never had a knife stay sharp this long. Brad
Good to hear. :)
BTW, what did you guys do about a dangler strap? I thought there should have been one included in the box, but there wasn't. :(

Good to hear. :)
BTW, what did you guys do about a dangler strap? I thought there should have been one included in the box, but there wasn't. :(

I personally wouldn't want a dangler, the stock sheath is really nice as is IMO. Brad.

I personally wouldn't want a dangler, the stock sheath is really nice as is IMO. Brad.

The issue is that the stock sheath's belt loop is too low which causes the knife handle to ride above the waist. This results in the knife handle to poke into one's abdomen or side. Hanging the sheath by the D-ring on a dangler solves this problem by causing the whole knife to hang below the belt.

The issue is that the stock sheath's belt loop is too low which causes the knife handle to ride above the waist. This results in the knife handle to poke into one's abdomen or side. Hanging the sheath by the D-ring on a dangler solves this problem by causing the whole knife to hang below the belt.
EXACTLY! I met a Woodsman named Jeff that had a BlindHorse knife on a dangler and fell in love with the idea. Not only keeps the knife handle from jabbing you in the ribs, it keeps the knife low enough that your hand automatically reaches the handle when you drop your arm. Another benefit is if you are wearing a heavy shirt or jacket, you don't have to unzip or unbutton and move everything out of the way to access your knife. I might add that if it is really cold you would be better off not exposing yourself to the cold anyway.
PS, I just went to a Cobbler (shoe repair) yesterday, described what I wanted, and he had nice leather one for me in ten minutes for $12.

Last edited:
Back