Interrupting Stan Shaw's Marmalade Sandwich

Thanks fellers, been really pleased that this thread has been of interest, feels like me and Duncan had you all along :)

Stan must have liked you guys. It looks like he could put a good dent in one's skull with the end of that boring stick.

A lovely bloke, and you're right, that stick is a veritable Yorkshire shillelagh! :D

FINALLY managed to catch up on the report from Sue, Dunc and Jack's visit!

Thank you for taking the time to share it all.

I was gutted that I wasn't able to join you on your tour Dunc, or even get the chance to shake hands and enjoy a pint :(
But it pleases me greatly that you were able to meet Mr Shaw and you could share such an opportunity.

Hope to be able to visit and meet the man myself soon.

Editted to add: I really need to see a parser in action.

It would have been good to have you along pal, but at least you have the pics :) We'll have to get over there soon :thumbup:

I really need to see a parser in action.

Just remembered I had a dream last night that I spotted some parsers in an antique shop window! What is happening to me?! :eek: :D

The video linked to by S-K above is well worth watching for the parser action! :)

FINALLY managed to catch up on the report from Sue, Dunc and Jack's visit!

Thank you for taking the time to share it all.

I was gutted that I wasn't able to join you on your tour Dunc, or even get the chance to shake hands and enjoy a pint :(
But it pleases me greatly that you were able to meet Mr Shaw and you could share such an opportunity.

Hope to be able to visit and meet the man myself soon.

Editted to add: I really need to see a parser in action.

Howdy Scruff- the feelings mutual- I was hoping to meet you as well my friend.
It was a fantastic thing for Jack to take the time and great effort to do what he did for us-
Meeting not only Stan but Jack as well was such a bonus.
Thank you to everyone for the most fantastic feedback and positive comments.

Meeting not only Stan but Jack as well was such a bonus.
Thank you to everyone for the most fantastic feedback and positive comments.

Mutual on both counts my friend :)

A painting of Stan by local artist Patrick Smith.

How cool is that!!!!
Good find there Jack!!

Oh yes, seeing the drill press in the painting - I remembered when we were speaking, but I think we were both mistaken, there was one, as I spied it in one of our photo's-on the very right hand side of the photo!

Oh yes, seeing the drill press in the painting - I remembered when we were speaking, but I think we were both mistaken, there was one, as I spied it in one of our photo's-on the very right hand side of the photo!

Well spotted Duncan, I missed that :)

Doesn't look like much has moved since that painting was painted! :D

That is what I was going to say, Jack. It really looks like nothing has moved..lol. I thought at first it was a computer generated painted of your pictures and you were teasing us.

That is what I was going to say, Jack. It really looks like nothing has moved..lol. I thought at first it was a computer generated painted of your pictures and you were teasing us.

:D :thumbup:

Same here!

:D

Thanks again for sharing both the details of your visit and your enthusiasm for the same. :)

~ P.

a veritable Yorkshire shillelagh! :D

0rvm.jpg

My thoughts exactly, that IS a beautiful Yorkshilagh!

Great painting, and yeah, its very important to keep your vices sharp for those Lilliputian Naught Pins.

p2mq.jpg

Ahh, but look closer my friend, the vices jaw is slightly open, telling me that he may be finishing the filing of something down that is no longer very proud lol

Scruff is such a cynic! Like the guy doesn't have any work to be getting on with! :D

Back