Interrupting Stan Shaw's Marmalade Sandwich

Here is my 1976 Stan Shaw lobster that John photo'd for me, enjoy.
Charles
stanshaw76-2.jpg

stanshaw76-3.jpg

stanshaw76-1.jpg

Great to see John's incredible photos of your beautiful knife Charles :thumbup:

I have to go and see my dentist on Sheffield on Monday, so am hoping to visit Stan at the same time :thumbup:

Beautiful knife Charles.

Jack Sir- mixed world I sont envy the Dentist visit- but man I am so jealous you get to visit Stan. Please pass on my regards and let him know just how special our visit was.
In saying that- ask Stan if he ever e-mails?
If so it would be wonderful to show him how much he is appreciated by a few links here and there?

Good luck for both visits my friend.

Wow what a thread! Only being here a bit over a year I have missed a lot of great threads and love when someone revives a thread as interesting as this one. With so many wonderful threads on here these days and all the ones archived You could never catch up on your reading here. Spark if you are reading this I just want to say thank you for creating this wonderful place.

Jack Sir- mixed world I sont envy the Dentist visit- but man I am so jealous you get to visit Stan. Please pass on my regards and let him know just how special our visit was.
In saying that- ask Stan if he ever e-mails?
If so it would be wonderful to show him how much he is appreciated by a few links here and there?

Good luck for both visits my friend.

Thanks Duncan, you are always with me in spirit when I visit Stan, and he still remembers you my friend :) I'm afraid he doesn't do the internet at all though :(

Glad you're finding this thread of interest Randy :) Unfortunately, like a lot of older threads here, many of the images are no longer hosted, so I'm going to try and add some pics. First, some of Stan's knives from the Sheffield Museums archives :thumbup:

u04021.jpg

u04022.jpg

u04025.jpg

u04026.jpg

u04027.jpg

u04028.jpg

u04029.jpg

u04030.jpg

u04031.jpg

u04033.jpg

u04034.jpg

u04035.jpg

u04037.jpg

u04040.jpg

u04041.jpg

u04043.jpg

u04044.jpg

u04046.jpg

u04047.jpg

u04048.jpg

u04049.jpg

Here's a great pic of Ted Osborne, Stan's mentor at Ibberson's, using a parser. To Ted's left, his young apprentice, Stan Shaw, can be clearly seen :)

u04076.jpg

Oh my Lordy!!!
Man...... there are some stunners there Jack Thank you so much for posting these, I cant even begin to start to mention all those beauties, but that Bowie - Whew!
Nice to see the Pruner with the Shears in the photo with the Stag Pruner!

Man o man...the 11 blade sowbelly utility is a honker!!! I don't know what some of the unique blade are on some of these knives. Thanks Jack:thumbup:

Oh my Lordy!!!
Man...... there are some stunners there Jack Thank you so much for posting these, I cant even begin to start to mention all those beauties, but that Bowie - Whew!
Nice to see the Pruner with the Shears in the photo with the Stag Pruner!

You're welcome Duncan, I thought you'd like that one :)

Man o man...the 11 blade sowbelly utility is a honker!!! I don't know what some of the unique blade are on some of these knives. Thanks Jack:thumbup:

A pleasure Gev, my internet connection is terrible today, but I'll try and get a few more pics up ASAP :thumbup:

A couple more of Stan's knives from the Sheffield Museum archives :thumbup:

v02260.jpg

v02261.jpg

Here is my 1976 Stan Shaw lobster that John photo'd for me, enjoy.
Charles
stanshaw76-2.jpg

Thanks for posting this, Charles. I love the "fire" near the center of the handle. Looks strikingly like a fire opal my mom has. The craftsmanship looks exquisite!! Thanks for sharing this gem.:thumbup:

Jack: Thanks for the treasure trove of museum knives and photos. They help me appreciate Stan and those Sheffield cutlers who came before him. What dedicated craftsmen they were! You live in a rich corner of the world. :thumbup:

Very interesting photos, Jack. But...now I don't understand exactly how the parser works. The "drill bit" is two pronged? Maybe you can get video of it is use by Stan:D:eek:

Jack, in the 1st black & white photo in post #168 the lobster looks very similar to the one I posted. Thanks for adding all these neat pictures of a Sheffield legend and his shop. Glad to see this thread recirculating again. Here are some more pics of my Stan Shaw lobsters including one marked SS-57 and paired with the SS-76.
Charles
stanshaw57-2.jpg

stanshaw57-3.jpg

stanshaw57-1.jpg

stanshawpearlduo1.jpg

Back