Introducing The 535 Bugout

I finally got some free time to install my Rogue Bladeworks black G-10 handle scales. It took no time at all and went together without any issue. Probably the easiest handle swap I've ever done.

The G-10 is a bit slicker than the stock Grivory, but thanks to the handle design I don't feel like the knife is going to slip out of my hand.

The balance is also improved, placing it right about where the index finger naturally rests on the handle instead of on the pivot.

With the stock clip, it weighs in at 2.125 ounces. Not too bad for a knife with a full-size (at least for my hands) handle and a +3-inch blade.

Once I get the silver thumbstuds from Benchmade my 535-2 will be complete.

I'll try to remember to post an update once I've carried and used it a little.

Best,
Matthew

Nice Photo Matthew. When we build without the handle design we have to process the G10 more so it comes out smoother. We added a new texture pattern for those
who want a bit more traction.
n7Y1JuM.jpg

Nice Photo Matthew. When we build without the handle design we have to process the G10 more so it comes out smoother. We added a new texture pattern for those
who want a bit more traction.
n7Y1JuM.jpg
Why does the lack of handle design require more processing?

Just got my bugout out of the mailbox and wow! What a cool knife. Super impressed with it, shaving sharp even grind out of the box, damn near dead centered blade, free dropper with no adjustment. I had watched some reviews and It looked like the scales might be a little cheesey, so I orderer the carbon fiber scale package from ROGUE BLADEWORKS ROGUE BLADEWORKS , cant wait for those to arrive. I will say though that the factory scales seem pretty decent compared to what I was expecting.

6korhSP.jpg

m4hw1ni.jpg

Blacked out my liners ans stop pin. PVD coated.

6IxdapP.jpg

RgKVA33.jpg

The all black harware seems compliments the scales. Satin was juat too much contrast against the black scales. Thanks to Josh at Razor Edge for the PVD coating.

That's a 940 with the Bugout clip. Actually looks good, thought it would look strange an a larger knife.

That's a 940 with the Bugout clip. Actually looks good, thought it would look strange an a larger knife.

I think the slimness of the knife helps. I put one on a Griptilian and it wasn't too bad.

I got a 2nd Bugout, with the serrations, shortly after getting my first one. I was kinda having trouble finding a use for the serrations tho, almost to the point of regretting the purchase. I usually carry the serrated BO with a traditional of some sort for general work around the farm. The short clip is really proving to be a winner for me, but I was considering going back to the non serrated first run BO for EDC and then...

As my father and I were getting my new antlers prepped for mounting yesterday, the Bugout's serrations proved ideal for trimming the excess tissue from around the base and crowns. This is usually a much more frustrating task, but the Bugout made it a lot easier! I reckon the serrated version can keep its everyday spot for now, smiley face.

I could see a version of the 535 for the "Hunt" line, with wood scales of some kind.

Last edited:
Back